Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Godholio posted:

Nobody who died mattered. That and the choice to make it as dark as possible are my biggest issues. We should've lost at least one Stark/Lannister.

Well, they lost Theon "Stark". I think Brienne should have bit the farm. It made sense - just knighted, fights to the death. I can see why they kept the following alive
Tyrion: A role to play against Cersei
Jamie: Above and it's his kid
Jon: Technically, with the death of the NK, no real need except fan favorite and a dragon rider because he's Aegon.
Sansa: Unfinished business after her years in Kings Landing and Lady of the North
Arya: List of names - but it will be too much I think if Arya kills both Cersei and the NK. Maybe she'll die fighting against the Mountain and we'll get cleganebowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
having either Varys, Tyrion, Jon or Arya die would've been pretty good IMO. Arya dying in her effort to kill the Night King could've had some interesting god of death plot stuff in it.

For a second I thought everyone at winterfell was gonna die which also would've been pretty sweet imo

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bummer we’ll never get Ser Jorah and the Knights of the Friend Zone spin-off.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm shipping The Hound and The Mountain

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Kawasaki Nun posted:

having either Varys, Tyrion, Jon or Arya die would've been pretty good IMO. Arya dying in her effort to kill the Night King could've had some interesting god of death plot stuff in it.

For a second I thought everyone at winterfell was gonna die which also would've been pretty sweet imo

Honestly, it would've been incredibly ballsy and I wouldn't have been mad at the writers for killing off almost everyone, and having Jon or Dany ride off on the dragons with one or two other main characters. That would've been cool.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TCD posted:

Arya: List of names - but it will be too much I think if Arya kills both Cersei and the NK. Maybe she'll die fighting against the Mountain and we'll get cleganebowl.

This is actually what I was thinking today.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That would be dope. Give some real stakes to the fight.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It makes sense for her to die soon. Having her kill the Night King and Cersei would be pretty lovely, and that leaves the Mountain, Ilyn Payne, and maybe the Hound...she doesn't seem too interested in killing him, but I could see her letting him live until he stops being useful. She'll probably get Payne, but after that? I dunno. If she gets the Mountain that rules out Clegainebowl which I think the producers WANT to do, and yeah I don't think they'll let Arya take out both big bads. So she's a goner.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
While I've enjoyed the show greatly, it hasn't shocked me since Cersei blew up the Great Sept of Baelor. Like a random King's Landing citizen got smeared by a church bell. That was mental.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Arya isn’t going to die. She’s going to take the throne.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bummer we’ll never get Ser Jorah and the Knights of the Friend Zone spin-off.

lmao

When he saved her yet again I just rolled my eyes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Sarah posted:

Arya isn’t going to die. She’s going to roam the land murdering anyone that does a crime

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bored As gently caress posted:

I just happen to have read a decent amount of military history, and I also love filmmaking and writing. With those combined interests, I see areas where, with better writing, they could have made the show better. They could have easily made some small changes here and there that would have made the battle more realistic, while also making it just as, if not more, suspenseful. Also, using lovely filmmaking techniques that amateur filmmaking Youtube video essayists know are bad is kind of unforgivable given HBO's budget and writing staff.

Whatever, I'm probably being insufferable, but I just wish they had a decent military historian consultant in the writers room.

Anyone who knows anything about military history knows that "cavalry does something loving stupid and gets wiped out" is historically accurate as it gets.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

longass military jumble

do one of return of the king and the two towers next

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

do one of return of the king and the two towers next

Actually don’t. Go jerk off about swords somewhere else

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
Supposedly GRRM's wife loves Arya and made him promise to not kill her. I'm not sure that she'll have as big a role when things wind up on King's Landing, but she might get seriously injured and or maimed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Actually don’t. Go jerk off about swords somewhere else

I think you missed my sarcasm but yeah

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The Valley Stared posted:

Supposedly GRRM's wife loves Arya and made him promise to not kill her. I'm not sure that she'll have as big a role when things wind up on King's Landing, but she might get seriously injured and or maimed.

Wasn’t that agreement up until the last season or some such

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eh Arya just wrecked Thanos she can do what the gently caress she wants

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Eh Arya just wrecked Thanos she can do what the gently caress she wants

No poo poo, let her retire to Valinor with Frodo and the elves.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

beanieson posted:

No poo poo, let her retire to Valinor with Frodo and the elves.

Is Arya the One who will restore balance to the Matrix and rebuild Zion?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Night King was basically a three-stage boss battle:

A2A dragon battle
Dragon Fire finisher fail
Enemy spawn swarm

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'm shipping The Hound and The Mountain

there is no one they don't end up fighting to the death, most likely mortally injuring one another

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Is Arya the One who will restore balance to the Matrix and rebuild Zion?

Shes gonna learn to use the force from King Kai and get taken on a journey by Moiraine Sedai, fall into darkness in Moria and arise as the Dark Phoenix to destroy the forces of Ba'alzamon in the Battle for Narnia

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Shes gonna learn to use the force from King Kai and get taken on a journey by Moiraine Sedai, fall into darkness in Moria and arise as the Dark Phoenix to destroy the forces of Ba'alzamon in the Battle for Narnia

:laffo:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wish this would fit as the thread title

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-dv37e8AY

Hopefully the next few episodes will find some fuckin way to explain Raven Brains' screensaver mode

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 1, 2019

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Friar Zucchini posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-dv37e8AY

Hopefully the next few episodes will find some fuckin way to explain Raven Brains' screensaver mode

lol

quote:

every oval office under the sun is a screenwriter this week
Funny rear end review.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Been a weird week, where more Avengers perma-died than main characters on Game of Thrones.

LMAO about Jon Snow having built a series spanning arc around fighting the encroaching threat of the Night King, sending Sam to learn whatever he could about them, killing a White Walker in combat, building a coalition at great personal cost, giving up his crown to secure an alliance with Dany, fighting at Hardhome and north of the wall, and then having his little sister gank his kill at the final second.

I also liked the Night King just straight no-selling dragon fire.

Friar Zucchini posted:

Warged into a person catching the midnight premier of Endgame.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 1, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I like how the general favorites to win the throne are an inbred psychopath and one of the worst battlefield commanders in the series.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
To be fair, it's clear that Jon doesn't want any of this or to be in charge of anything, and that with each passing hour he regrets not staying north of the wall, building a small hut, and banging Ygritte until he died of preventable disease or White Walker.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Popehat/status/1122731651069403136

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 1, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

I like how the general favorites to win the throne are an inbred psychopath and one of the worst battlefield commanders in the series.

Jon isnt a psychopath?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Jon regrets all of the many, many people he's slain in battle, executed, or sent to their deaths in pursuit of various causes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Godholio posted:

Has Jon ever entered a fight without having to have been ex machina rescued?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Jon isnt a psychopath?

I thought he’d always been cast as the noble warrior that had to do bad poo poo along the way for the greater good.

I don’t really think he’s a psychopath, just the continual recipient of poo poo sandwiches.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

I thought he’d always been cast as the noble warrior that had to do bad poo poo along the way for the greater good.

I don’t really think he’s a psychopath, just the continual recipient of poo poo sandwiches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXxW4wC-5FY

He's not. He's been focused for a very long time on protecting all the people against the white walkers and also protecting the people of the North. poo poo battlefield commander though.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The wights should have won!

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 1, 2019

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

In Jon's defense, he's been given like zero training in anything that isn't stabbing people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

They keep showing Jon be a terrible leader but telling us he's great. Just like they keep showing us Dany being a psycho willing to do any cruelty to commoners for power but telling us she's kind and just.

Nothing Cersei has done is as evil as dropping 50k dothraki on westeros but I don't think the ethical implication of that got mentioned once.

Basically there is a divergence in what they show and what they describe in a weird way.