Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't think Brienne has gotten a single good fight scene other than her Hound brawl. She just grunts and screams while flailing madly and struggling to keep up with everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

So what were the spoilers from a year or so again? Something like the final boss battle is Jon Snow vs. Euron Greyjoy, and then everyone gets blown up and Sansa ends up being the Queen? How on track are we with that as far as the season is progressing?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would be down for an ending where the starks Bradbury into victory

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inept posted:

I hope beric just shows up in the next episode with a throwaway line about the redy lady bringing him back before she got dead

It would be better if there was no dialogue addressing it, and no character gives him even a second glance. Just appears again in the next episode.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Burn them all bran will say as the night king attacks Kings landing with his dragon

Woden
May 6, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

How is it more believable that Arya ninja jumps to the Godswood and stabs the NK on her own than Brienne, Jaime, Jon, Gendry, Arya, etc engages all of the WWs in a battle to death together? So much less moronic than the bullshit nonsense we got.

She spent 7 seasons training to be a ninja.

Besides, getting the WW's and NK alone opens up its own can of worms. All the medieval warfare experts would be up in arms about the poor tactics that'd allow such a situation.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

If George RR Martin's Lazy Discount War of the Roses follows the real thing, it's going to be Sansa and Tyrion marrying to unite the houses of York and Lancaster Stark and Lannister.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

If George RR Martin's Lazy Discount War of the Roses follows the real thing, it's going to be Sansa and Tyrion marrying to unite the houses of York and Lancaster Stark and Lannister.

They are already married and that's totally what that scene in the crypt was foreshadowing.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The White Walkers were scotsmen who invaded and seemed to be threatening the realm, but then fell apart when their king was killed while fighting some yorkshiremen.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Literally the first scene of episode 1 is wights loving some dudes up. Lol cersei is the real big bad!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/IvhpQFA.mp4

This is the alternate episode ending that I want

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

If arya had done a naruto run, that episode would've been an 11/10

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/IvhpQFA.mp4

This is the alternate episode ending that I want

Night King promises to kill everyone on her list so they team up. Makes sense.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

Night King promises to kill everyone on her list so they team up. Makes sense.

He already killed Beric Dondarrion after she decided not to for reasons

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Wait what the gently caress was the deal with bran wargfucking someone and that was him telling the mad king aerys how to beat the dead brainfucking him into screaming BURN THEM ALL until jaime knifes him.

how the gently caress is that being resolved now because that was the only theory that made any sense at all.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
anybody else notice how the Dothraki are a culture who hate and mistrust witchcraft and they are 100% a-ok with a witch riding up and lighting all their weapons on fire

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Phi230 posted:

anybody else notice how the Dothraki are a culture who hate and mistrust witchcraft and they are 100% a-ok with a witch riding up and lighting all their weapons on fire

They realized they hosed up following the blond lady. Nothing to do now but run into the arms of death.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Randarkman posted:

The White Walkers were scotsmen who invaded and seemed to be threatening the realm, but then fell apart when their king was killed while fighting some yorkshiremen.

So it's the Battle of Flodden? James IV exploded into ice shards there as well.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 30, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phi230 posted:

Just like I forgot, so did the writers.

Alternate scene ending: they all swarm and kill Melisandre then ride south.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just like I forgot, so did the writers.

I'm 100% sure that seasons 7+8 were written by people who haven't watched the show, or read the books.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Some redditor figured out what Bran was doing and how Arya got past all the zombies:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
zombies, firemagic, dragons and zombie dragons, bodysnatcher boy and facestealing assassins etc.

"how girl jump so far?"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

etalian posted:

Amazing battle tactics of charging dense zombie horde and they are basically knock-off mongols with zero body armor.

What a dumb rear end fantasy culture since just about every steppe horseman culture was smart enough to have armor.

The Chinese had goddamn guns and still go their asses repeatedly whipped by horsemen. GoT horsemen got goober brains

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

IT BURNS posted:

So what were the spoilers from a year or so again? Something like the final boss battle is Jon Snow vs. Euron Greyjoy, and then everyone gets blown up and Sansa ends up being the Queen? How on track are we with that as far as the season is progressing?
Oh man those were hilarious, now I wanna find them. It's entirely fiction at this point

Edit - IIRC, Bran would already be dead at this point and become the next Night King, Daenerys needed to have a baby by now and have her corpse dragged through King's Landing next episode

Edit2 - They're linked here: https://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-3-leak-script/

Knight fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 30, 2019

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It would be better if there was no dialogue addressing it, and no character gives him even a second glance. Just appears again in the next episode.

It would be fitting because no character gave him a second glance when he died. One of the most unique characters in the series and poof thats it.

I can't figure out the purpose of putting the two of them in the same room together would be if not to bring him back again. Beric was clearly mortally wounded in the hallway and doing his best Hodor impression to let the others get away, then magically appears at the door with the rest of them. He could have just had his death scene in the hallway getting cut to shreds and not die in the same room as the only other person in all of Westeros we know of who can raise people from the dead.

But nope, nothing. Not even acknowledged.

Edit: Also he died to save Arya who is still armed with two zombie slaying weapons. Arya, who minutes prior was an unstoppable zombie murder dervish. This was his entire god-destined purpose.

Slapdash fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 30, 2019

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
They should've called this episode, "/yell TRAIN TO ZONE"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Methanar posted:

Wait what the gently caress was the deal with bran wargfucking someone and that was him telling the mad king aerys how to beat the dead brainfucking him into screaming BURN THEM ALL until jaime knifes him.

how the gently caress is that being resolved now because that was the only theory that made any sense at all.

what

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

How is it more believable that Arya ninja jumps to the Godswood and stabs the NK on her own than Brienne, Jaime, Jon, Gendry, Arya, etc engages all of the WWs in a battle to death together? So much less moronic than the bullshit nonsense we got.

thatd actually be cool

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Methanar posted:

Bran wargs into a muffin...a bran muffin, if you will

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I do kinda think they’re going to explain what the gently caress it was Bran was doing during the battle next episode. Whether it will be compelling though ...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Having Jon stumble through the ruins of Winterfell rallying the remaining handful of survivors main characters as they rush to the weirwood to try and save Bran but get stopped by the white walkers would have been good.

Then Arya can stab him.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I hope frodo destroys the ring

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

podrick 4 king

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Phi230 posted:

Game of Thrones has been a trashy shallow shadow of its former self for like 4 seasons and the writers don't give the smallest poo poo about the details beyond one dude stabbing another dude.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
Eat the horses, put the Dothraki on the walltops. Jon and Dany should be dragon-strafing the zombie horde the instant the zombies show up. "Flanking maneuvers" aren't going to matter against a 200,000+ horde of zombies that don't think and just mindlessly charge at any living human

but really the whole "draw out the Night King to get a shot at him cause his death will end it" was a good plan, even if you destroy his zombies, he'll just get more if you don't kill him

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I thought it was cool when NK was about to kill Hot Pie he instead gave NK a pie to eat filled with dragonglass. Did not see that commin

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

*teleports behind u*

Arya: “heh, nothing personell kidking”

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Phi230 posted:

They weren't riding into battle they were fleeing in terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Milo and POTUS posted:

Did gary live?

Yes and no