Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Skyl3lazer posted:

yeah jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez the dichotomy between this show s1 and now is dexter s1 vs s7

Like I thought it was going to be more nuanced and complicated but nope roll for initiative, critical sneak attack for 4d6 plus 3d12 bonus damage for enchanted weapon minus 1d6 because she didn't take the weapon proficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

sam & jon are at the big hole in the wall w a bunch of new nightwatch recruits

sam: jon i dont get why we went back here the night king is dead and also the wights and all the wildlings moved south

jon: because sam... winter.. is coming... [jon scowlys northwards while wind blows his hair]

camera pans north through the wall over glaciers n maybe af rozen river or something before zooming in on a little white baby on a big mountain peak

the baby's eyes open up. they're blue magic eyes.

cut to black

audience erupts into applause. weaker willed audience members break into tears.

There will probably be one of the children of the forest tending to it as well because gently caress internal consistency at this point.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would have been kinda funny if Tyrion killed Cersei when she was on the toilet too.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Calaveron posted:

Like I thought it was going to be more nuanced and complicated but nope roll for initiative, critical sneak attack for 4d6 plus 3d12 bonus damage for enchanted weapon minus 1d6 because she didn't take the weapon proficiency

She clearly took the weapon proficiency

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
So Bran totally thought he was dying so gently caress it imma fly around like a bird for an hour.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Was GRRM the author who wrote a sex scene that was like "he didn't know where he ended and she began"

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

So Bran totally thought he was dying so gently caress it imma fly around like a bird for an hour.

pretty sure they said when he wargs, the NK can home in on him, so he wanted to make sure he was discovered so he could be ambushed like they planned I guess except no one was there to ambush him except Arya.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high
Also if GoT brutally kills its most prominent WoC, has its leading female character go mad and have to be killed by a guy, and then has ITS other major female character be a brutal traitor, the sheer quantity of hot takes will melt the entire Internet down

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Opferwurst posted:

People say that a lot, but has Grum ever commented on this interpretation? IRC the first books came out in the 90s when climate change was still a minor concern for most people. And the way the Others/White Walkers are portrayed is also not very consistent with the effects of climate change(more extreme weather, droughts, floods, food insecurity, social instability, accelerated animal and plant extinction, etc.) How are evil ice zombies a good metaphor for that?

e: in the books, there are no signs of the Others being created by the children or hmans or being somehow unnatural in general. There is no "sins of our fathers" element to them there

Martin has been writing environmental disaster fiction since the 70s, there's no way he wasn't concerned about climate change and melting polar ice caps in the 90s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuf_Voyaging

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

banned from Starbucks posted:

ive always wondered...the babies that the NK turns into white walkers...do they have to grow up or do they just morph into the old man walkers? Are there white walker toddlers? teens?

That scene had no point. GRRM told them "The North has some pact with them and/or the cannibals up north to feed them babies to keep them from invading, but I havent decided which it will be revealed to be in the later books, perhaps a plot by the Targ guy who was there to destroy the world by causing the invasion by making the NW break said pact some how, if the Lannisters secured the throne." D&D didn't think much on it or rather said "well, we wont have time for all that, but that scene sounds like it would still be cool to include." By the time it got through editors and censors (I believe networks even HBO are squeamish about dead children or babies, particularly being killed on screen,) we have a meaningless shock scene that was patched up to be merely a intriguing cliffhanger mystique scene and in the grand scheme of things turned out to mean absolutely nothing. Any intrigue or ideas that it was actually supposed to lead to are out the window, we never see that zombie baby again, NK never uses his turn dead spell again. I cant think of any off hand, but there was a couple of scenes like that, that seem to point to things that may or may not be in the later books but definitely aren't in the show, but they also cant actually go into it because of time, contractual obligation not to spoil the book details, censors, budget or whatever else. Other times they seem to be straight up filming fan theories and confirming things that are probably not going to be in the last books, just because they didnt think of anything better. Considering the competence on the whole, I would say they just forgot they filmed that scene all together and there are no children or toddler walkers because that's not very menacing for TV and Jon Snow slaughtering children by the dozen would be too Star Wars.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was just thinking today how Grey Worm and Missandei are like the only two people of color left on one of the whitest shows imaginable. If they both get killed just lmao, good job HBO :bravo:

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Now that the Night King is dead winter will never come, which is a metaphor for the sixth book

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Leaks by a person who knew episode 3 details likes Arya killing the night king

This isn't the same person. They're slightly modified ones from last year

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.
These are real. Some of the first ones should happen next week.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like long form spoilers that just don't mention Bronn, because you'd think that would lead to a somewhat spoiler-y moment.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

bobjr posted:

I like long form spoilers that just don't mention Bronn, because you'd think that would lead to a somewhat spoiler-y moment.
Hard to have him do anything important when he can't be in the same room as the only "antagonist" left.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bronn gonna hang out and live in castles banging broads.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Star Guarded posted:

Hard to have him do anything important when he can't be in the same room as the only "antagonist" left.

That's true, but even then you'd think "Bronn kills/doesn't kill Tyrion/Jame" would be mentioned.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bobjr posted:

That's true, but even then you'd think "Bronn kills/doesn't kill Tyrion/Jame" would be mentioned.

It is mentioned. He doesn't kill either of them.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Star Guarded posted:

Wait is that thing about the actors true

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well the DM had a narrative arc planned that strongly pointed to Jon killing the Night King, but then Arya rolled 20 on initiative, so what are you going to do?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Its Coke posted:

Wait is that thing about the actors true

Hard to say if they can't be in the same room but they do hate each other because they had a bad break up literal decades ago.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

last scene is going to be a baby white walker opening his eyes

Can't be because killing the nightking killed all the white walkers. We haven't seen a white walker fight in the past 2 seasons.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

they're all in the winter daycare with the night's queen

In all honesty I hope it turns out that the Night King's was just a scouting force and more White Walkers show up. On the other hand I am probable just in disbelief that the White Walker story line is could possibly end on such a lame way.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 30, 2019

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I love the 'Missandei is captured' bit. Like that means anything at all. Has she even talked to someone other than Gray Worm in years?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

kater posted:

I love the 'Missandei is captured' bit. Like that means anything at all. Has she even talked to someone other than Gray Worm in years?

I only imagine an interrogation scene where Cersei tries to get information out of her only for her to have no idea what's going on.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

kater posted:

I had to stop and replay the scene where she broke into Tyrion and Sansa's repartee, because it was so bizarre and awkward that I thought I'd missed a line.

I'm starting to think that those "we fed a bunch of X to an AI and this is what came out"-memes weren't bullshit after all.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

kater posted:

Wasn't she right next to Dany when they all met up at the Dragon Pit to discuss the WW and wights last season? She at least came in with Tyrion. Cersei and crew may think she's her right hand woman and knows all the details/secrets they want

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who's going to be there to drop semantic arguments to hint at things that are irrelevant if Missandei is captured?

"Hot Pie could be referring to a pie warm in temperature, Khaleesi, but it may also be referring to his physical attractiveness."

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Missandei ...a translator in a land where everyone speaks the same language.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do you think the nightking closed his eyes before he exploded? I like to think he did or ayra failed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Do you think the nightking closed his eyes before he exploded? I like to think he did or ayra failed.

You can see his face when he shatters and his eyes are open.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

I don't get how Jamie betrays the North lines up with Jamie dies fighting Euron?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You can see his face when he shatters and his eyes are open.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Z. Autobahn posted:

I don't get how Jamie betrays the North lines up with Jamie dies fighting Euron?

Jaime fighting for the Lannisters isn't betraying the North anyway. He swore to fight for the living in the War for the Dawn, not for the Stark/Targaryen alliance forever and ever.

And he could totally stay on the Lannister side while thinking "gently caress Euron" and fighting him to the death.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jaime fighting for the Lannisters isn't betraying the North anyway. He swore to fight for the living in the War for the Dawn, not for the Stark/Targaryen alliance forever and ever.

And he could totally stay on the Lannister side while thinking "gently caress Euron" and fighting him to the death.

Ugggggh I'm coming around to these spoilers being legit and I'm genuinely not gonna wanna be on the internet for like a month after

committing to the super fun adventure friends fan service hour only to then zig into everyone betrays and kills everyone else for a downer ending is like... the worst possible path, so good job D&D I guess

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

those dumb spoilers kick rear end

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The only purpose of the nightwatch for almost all of its existence was to police the wildlings and there are going to be wildlings again soon. People will move north again for the same reasons they moved there in the first place, for the same reasons they moved to Siberia. To settle unoccupied farming land, escape authorities, escape taxation or laws, trade, etc.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

I 100% buy some dumb poo poo like "the threat of death will return, it always does", so we'll always need a night's watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So will Jon kill Dany in e5 or e6?