Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zurai posted:

Excellent. I'll end up at 12 then. Good thing I didn't have the "earn 13 or more XP this scenario" battle goal! I always struggle with that one. That's one of those which I'm not sure some classes can even really do. EDIT: Cragheart definitely can, I could have easily gotten to 14 if those Cultists had gone before me and summoned their skeletons, but there are other classes who just don't have a lot of great XP options by design.

My favorite is the "earn 7 or fewer XP this scenario" goal, which is trivially easy for a few characters and either crippling or effectively impossible for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Elephant Ambush posted:

Stay in the upper room and loot stuff. I will kill the demon and explicitly not get the chest.

I see. I guess you'll be kiting the demon for a bit then?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, some classes have to really concentrate for that one and for others that's just the usual.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

I see. I guess you'll be kiting the demon for a bit then?

It will take me 2 or 3 turns to kill it unless I get extremely lucky.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

It will take me 2 or 3 turns to kill it unless I get extremely lucky.

Okay, sure, but it's going to take me 2 turns to loot this room and then 2 more to head down to you.

I guess we can just skip the chest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Some Numbers posted:

:nsallears:

We can probably drop the pretense, as said before no one can pretend not to have previous knowledge so it's fine to operate by it if done in good faith (aka: not going to read ahead to learn something not already known). By the way, unfortunately I have left my remote computer off this morning, so the update will be delayed to late afternoon GMT.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

No, no, go ahead, open it

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

dwarf74 posted:

No, no, go ahead, open it

Gotta show off everything for the LP, right? :pseudo:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zack Ater posted:

Gotta show off everything for the LP, right? :pseudo:
Everything will be fine, don't listen to these guys, Some Numbers. You should open it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
An unopened chest is a sad chest.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
You know what? Screw it. I'll open it after I kill the elite demon.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Ambush posted:

You know what? Screw it. I'll open it after I kill the elite demon.
stop being so greedy and let other people get the chest, you monster

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

We can probably drop the pretense, as said before no one can pretend not to have previous knowledge so it's fine to operate by it if done in good faith (aka: not going to read ahead to learn something not already known). By the way, unfortunately I have left my remote computer off this morning, so the update will be delayed to late afternoon GMT.

I legitimately don't remember what's in that chest, so I was assuming EA was hinting at having the "loot no chests or coins" Battle Goal.

EA, if you remember something I don't about that chest, don't bother.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
it is a perfectly safe and normal chest containing wondrous treasure why is everyone being so weird about it

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dwarf74 posted:

it is a perfectly safe and normal chest containing wondrous treasure why is everyone being so weird about it

It might be a mimic! Bullwinkle has a phobia of mimics.

But the best way to conquer your fears is to face them head on.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Open the box

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
it's full of bees isn't it

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I hope not!

I hope it has cute little crabs :swoon:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Crypt of the Damned 8A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Rocky (Hand0, Discarded8, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Explosive Punch.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"EXPLOSIVE PUNCH (28) [Lvl2]
TOP: Destroy one adjacent obstacle -ATK4, Target all enemies adjacent to the destroyed obstacle - 2XP - LOSS
BOT: Move4"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 29 with Frigid Apparition and Gnawing Horde.

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"FRIGID APPARITION (29) [LvlX]
TOP: ATK3 - Consume ICE: STUN, XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - STUN (Target one adjacent enemy) - XP1 - LOSS"

"GNAWING HORDE (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus Summon Rat Swarm (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE4"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded1, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 35 with Skewer and Balanced Measures.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"SKEWER (35) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK 3, PBAOE (check image), Consume AIR: +1ATK, PIERCE1 - XP1
BOT: MOVE6 - XP1 - LOSS"

"BALANCED MEASURES (77) [Lvlx]
TOP: ATK* where * is the number of hexes you have moved so far this turn - XP1
BOT: MOVE* where * is the amount of damage you have inflicted so far this turn"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

My plan is to head into the middle of the big coin pile and hoover it up next turn.

While burning cards for XP along the way.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

You already have 5 coins coming from this dungeon, leave some for those of us without good Loot cards!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurai posted:

You already have 5 coins coming from this dungeon, leave some for those of us without good Loot cards!

And you have 8 XP vs my 3. What's your point?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I very plainly can't loot everything on my own, I just don't have the capacity for it. I'm not asking you to give up all or even half of it. I'm just saying leave a little bit for me. I'm requesting that you not eat literally every single coin next turn, which you could do and from what it sounds like is what you plan to do. I don't believe that is an unreasonable request and I don't feel like there was a reason to get confrontational about it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zurai posted:

I very plainly can't loot everything on my own, I just don't have the capacity for it. I'm not asking you to give up all or even half of it. I'm just saying leave a little bit for me. I'm requesting that you not eat literally every single coin next turn, which you could do and from what it sounds like is what you plan to do. I don't believe that is an unreasonable request and I don't feel like there was a reason to get confrontational about it.

I'm not eating every coin, I'm running to D3 and then playing a Loot 2 next turn. The three coins on E1, F1 and G1 are all yours.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I literally can't get to a spot where I can loot everything with the cards I played this turn.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I literally can't get to a spot where I can loot everything with the cards I played this turn.

I forgot that Scurry was both your top move and your Loot 2. No problem then, sorry bout that! I assumed you were moving to E3 and Loot 2-ing from there.

EDIT: I spent Friday night (after a lovely and super stressful day at work) with a player whose primary contributions to the party were sucking up all the loot and exhausting from card loss several turns before the end of the fight, so I'm probably a little oversensitive to it at the moment. Sorry again!

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 30, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zurai posted:

a player whose primary contributions to the party were sucking up all the loot and exhausting from card loss several turns before the end of the fight

quasicoop.txt :v:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Crypt of the Damned 8B

- None!

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Moves1 to E1
- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (top)! Destroys Obstacle in E2! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).
EARTH is now strong.

Rocky wants to vent.

29. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Frigid Apparition (bot)! Moves4 to D3. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Master Splinter uses Gnawing Horde (top)! Summons Gnawing Horde (HP6, MOVE1, ATK2, POISON) in E4! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

More rats! They're in the wrong hex, but I've realized it and fix their position before the next screenshot :v:

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Moves6 to C3 through B1, C1, B1, B2, B3. Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Earth Demon 1(E) for 7 (6base, +1mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Earth Demon 1(E) is at 6 HP
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token(s).

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger

62. Earth Demon posted:

- Earth Demon 1(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 5 (4base, +2mod, SHIELD1) damage!
Bullwinkle is at 2 HP.
Warding Strength's 6th trigger! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
EARTH is now strong.

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'till we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Hostile Takeover
- EARTH is now waning.
- ICE is now inert.

Well that was a superheavy title championship bout!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 1, 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Zurai posted:

EDIT: I spent Friday night (after a lovely and super stressful day at work) with a player whose primary contributions to the party were sucking up all the loot and exhausting from card loss several turns before the end of the fight, so I'm probably a little oversensitive to it at the moment. Sorry again!
Yeah I've played with a Scoundrel too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'till we take to the street
For the kill with the skill to survive

LMAO

Yeah the demon dies next turn and I will not be opening the chest. Soz m8s.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Elephant Ambush posted:

LMAO

Yeah the demon dies next turn and I will not be opening the chest. Soz m8s.

You know you can lose a card to prevent loss of HP from any source :p

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Phelddagrif posted:

You know you can lose a card to prevent loss of HP from any source :p

Yes but that's super risky in this situation

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I'm just going to continue throwing a fit for XP and looting coins one by one until I run out of coins or the scenario ends.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm going to Loot 2 this turn and then do what I can for XP and leave you the three above.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Hey people, I thought I was going to be able to get an update up this morning (I thought my plane was at 13.15, but it lands at 13.15 instead). I'll be out of town until Sunday, I'll be back on Monday!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Hey people, I thought I was going to be able to get an update up this morning (I thought my plane was at 13.15, but it lands at 13.15 instead). I'll be out of town until Sunday, I'll be back on Monday!

Good luck! Have a good weekend!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

I hope "Eye of the Tiger" stays stuck in your head the whole time. :)

Be safe!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm back! a bit late since I had to catch up with some stuff at the office, so we'll only have Step A for now :) Please send me your step B instructions if you haven't already done so!

Crypt of the Damned 9A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand5, Discarded0, Active1, Lost4) is acting at initiative 20 with Scurry and Feedback Loop.

20. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Some Numbers) posted:

code:
"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE3 - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"

"FEEDBACK LOOP (79) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks gain SHIELD1 (till end of round) - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: MOVE4 - Jump - If you end the movement in the same hex you started in, perform MUDDLE (Target all enemies moved through)."
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded1, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 38 with Earthen Clod and Crater.

38. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Zurai) posted:

code:
"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded3, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 61 with Overwhelming Assault and Trample.

61. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Elephant Ambush) posted:

code:
"OVERWHELMING ASSAULT (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK6 - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE3 - PUSH2 (Target one adjacent enemy)"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm looting and swapping my Augment for more XP.