Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Materant posted:

Kid would have gone back to Britain, not France. Also it's been less than a year since the last game.

Fair, but Yuri didn't remember the gold bat either. Not like Halley was any more memorable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Finally caught up in time to see us recruit the absolute best party member. It seems that Keith was the only member of the Valentine Siblings to miss the wackiness gene.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Geostomp posted:

It seems that Keith was the only member of the Valentine Siblings to miss the wackiness gene.

Have you heard the man speak?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Have you heard the man speak?

Or cast a spell/summon a demon with his little wiggle gestures while humming a tune

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Victis posted:

Or cast a spell/summon a demon with his little wiggle gestures while humming a tune

Or his reaction to highly magical weapons? Or unexpected guests?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Keith is definitely cuckoo, but he's just mildly eccentric compare to his brother.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

It's genuinely hard not to come off as significantly less weird than Joachim. Don't worry, though; we'll meet those characters eventually.

Nimsant
May 7, 2015
Hi!
I have caught up to this LP, and it is much fun

I have not played SH2 before (only Koudelka and SH1) and I am playing along now.
I realize I miss this kind of PS2 RPG games.

I have been thinking, what kind of alternate outfit could make Gepetto's doll look less creepy.
So I made this. Do you think this works?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nimsant posted:

Hi!

I have not played SH2 before (only Koudelka and SH1) and I am playing along now.

I have been thinking, what kind of alternate outfit could make Gepetto's doll look less creepy.

Oh poo poo! That's a perfect improvement in every way!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 27, 2019

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Nimsant posted:

Hi!

This works far better than it has any right to. It looks like a crazy puppeteer wizard robe on him instead of the gravity defying fanservice it was on its original wearer.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Thankfully you don't need to dodge lightning a hundred times to get Gepetto's best weapon.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I appreciate that the line of the beard suggests he also has massive norks at first glance

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

and Lulu's stupid dress was basically the designer being a dick to the programmers "Hah, Animate every single one of these belts!"

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Apparently cosplayers who have made realistic replicas of Lulu's dress say that the belts end up so drat heavy it's basically impossible to do anything in.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

Apparently cosplayers who have made realistic replicas of Lulu's dress say that the belts end up so drat heavy it's basically impossible to do anything in.

Not surprised, I'd say that looking at the visible belts, not including any lower levels of weaves or whatever the hell that is, it'd probably be at least 40 pounds someone could see. So probably bare minimum 60 pounds of leather and clasps.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Maybe Lulu just never skips leg day. If boots were a weapon option she'd Break Damage Limit by the time they left Besaid.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Nimsant posted:

Hi!

Perfecto :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Robindaybird posted:

and Lulu's stupid dress was basically the designer being a dick to the programmers "Hah, Animate every single one of these belts!"

And that's why she's almost always shown at chest-height.

Well, one of the three reasons.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If that's the case, those belts aren't there because she's a sexy goth chick/Nomura was dicking with the animators. Those are just power limiters holding her back.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It's weighted training clothing.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Lulu used magic dolls solely because she feared that her kicks would be as destructive as Sin itself.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

HR12345 posted:

If that's the case, those belts aren't there because she's a sexy goth chick/Nomura was dicking with the animators. Those are just power limiters holding her back.

this is also true of her necklaces

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Nimsant posted:

Hi!

This is top notch. Also, sorry for the lack of updates. I am busting my rear end with work and work travel lately and the little free time I have is not something am spending on a LP update. Sorry. Next month... should... be better. P-Probably... probably...

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

This is top notch. Also, sorry for the lack of updates. I am busting my rear end with work and work travel lately and the little free time I have is not something am spending on a LP update. Sorry. Next month... should... be better. P-Probably... probably...

Chief, don't worry about it; I think most of us in this thread are working stiffs ourselves, so we'll understand if you can't spend every waking moment on an LP. If you need to, take a break.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Dark Id posted:

Joke's on you; I got obscenely lucky and found a mint-condition copy of SH:Covenant in a Cash Converters today, for a steal of a price no less, so I get to play it myself!!

Seriously though, don't sweat it and take care of yourself.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Hey, I'm still alive. Work is kicking the poo poo out of my rear end. Short update to prove I'm not dead...

Episode XVIII: Wino

Music: Old Smudged Map ~ Europe

Did you know there is a Wine Cellar in France? Just the one. We're going there now to rescue those kidnapped orphans. With hope, this time they won't turn out to be necromancers or a Shang Tsung.

Music: In Darkness of a Labyrinth ~ Dungeon

Joachim is now team leader for this dungeon. I find his run cycle very funny. He looks like he shat his pants...

Observe! Anyway, after we walk a short trek into this region we find...

Where are the children?! Don't try to get in our way!

Music: Vicious 1915 ~ Battle in Europe

Diplomacy has failed! It's the same Thugs and Fat Thugs we saw back in Le Havre. They didn't stand a chance against the party when an old puppeteer with a weird Lolita magic doll was our fourth companion.

Now that it has been replaced by a vampire luchador wrestler?

Music: Result ~ Victory

<flexes> Master! A man's road is a hard one!

Yeah... It doesn't improve their chances...

Last few bars of Joachim's Theme then silence.

Why don't you just morph yourself?
I do it all the time. It's VERY useful...
<looks at Yuri> I already told you. Yuma has my mask.

What's that got to do with anything?
Tsk tsk.

A hero has to have one or two weak points, you know. Nobody loves a perfect superhero.
Nobody would like a super man!

Your brains are enough of a weak point, if you ask me.

Nobody asked you, Yuri. You don't have to be such of a dick. Joachim is living his best life.

I, however, am not. Having a bad time of it lately if I'm being real. And this dungeon is not helping? It is a very dull series of corridors like this...

...Broken up by side rooms to the west or east like this. And of course...

Music: Vicious 1915 ~ Battle in Europe

And, of course, random battles. It's just the Thug and Fat Thug jobbers in this first segment. If they get a chance to attack mistakes have been made.

Beyond that, the side rooms are stacks of boxes the party needs to navigate. At the far end we find...

Treasure chests with some loot such as another Bhodi Bracelet. We'll put this one on Blanca since he is taking over for Gepetto as support unit for this dungeon. If necessary (it is seldom is but hey.)

On the way out there is also a Seal of Wisdom. I haven't mentioned it yet but Seals still work like they did in Shadow Hearts 1. You can use them in the inventory for +1 or in Battle for +2 and +3 if you hit the Judgment Ring Hit Area. I used all of these off-screen in battle for maximum effect. Definitely didn't save scum because this is a dumb system.

Anyhow, there is a few corridors of wine cellars before...

You're right. ...This atmosphere is aromatic, spicy and pungent, a medium-bodied atmosphere with a crisp finish...

What the hell are you talking about?!
REALLY?! That was a good bit and NOTHING from you all. Tch. Alice would have gotten that one...
Let's just be careful, that's all.

Video: Episode 18 Highlight Reel
(You should click every video with Joachim being on his bullshit.)

Joachim Valentine Concept Art - France's Butt!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Take all the time you need to deal with real life stuff, these let's plays are hilarious and well loved but everyone in this thread understands you're also an adult with a job and a life and that comes first :)

Anyway, Joachim continues to be the best character. I very much respect his commitment to the craft in regards to refusing to use his vampire powers outside of costume.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I like to think that part of the reason Joachim runs like that is because his pants are a tad too tight on him. But he wears them anyway, because Joachim.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sorry life is crapping on you, but thank you for bringing amusement into our lives with your LPs.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Yes, the Indian god, Krishna. From India. And nowhere else.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Hey, Seals are back. There is no longer the in-battle thing they had in the first game. Just use them. You get a stat boost! The End! Use them! That's one more point of resistance against magic attacks! I don't honestly know if that mechanically means a goddamn thing. But it sounds good on paper!

The Dark Id posted:

On the way out there is also a Seal of Wisdom. I haven't mentioned it yet but Seals still work like they did in Shadow Hearts 1. You can use them in the inventory for +1 or in Battle for +2 and +3 if you hit the Judgment Ring Hit Area. I used all of these off-screen in battle for maximum effect. Definitely didn't save scum because this is a dumb system.

D00D like c'mon, i get that life's crapping on ya, but can we at least not have self-contradicting descriptions.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Come on you assholes*, Yuri made an actual good joke there, how the hell are you not getting it? EVERYONE knows how pretentious sommeliers (but I repeat myself) go about wines.

*Looking at Karin, Geppetto and Blanca here. Joachim can be excused on this.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Omobono posted:

Come on you assholes*, Yuri made an actual good joke there, how the hell are you not getting it? EVERYONE knows how pretentious sommeliers (but I repeat myself) go about wines.

*Looking at Karin, Geppetto and Blanca here. Joachim can be excused on this.
I feel like Blanca is also excusable on account of being a dog. Dunno how many people give their dogs wine or take them to wine tastings, even in France.

However that was a legit good joke there, Yuri. I chuckled, at least.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Surprisingly cultured Yuri is a good joke.

Thanks for continuing to entertain us while life is making GBS threads on you TDI. Don't be afraid to take a bigger break if you need to! We can probably shitpost every now and then to keep this off the archives too.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

I feel like Blanca is also excusable on account of being a dog. Dunno how many people give their dogs wine or take them to wine tastings, even in France.

On the one hand, yes Blanca is a dog. On the other, he's probably smarter than the rest of the party by a notable amount so it probably was a reasonable expectation.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Zoig posted:

On the one hand, yes Blanca is a dog. On the other, he's probably smarter than the rest of the party by a notable amount so it probably was a reasonable expectation.

Or:

Blade Wolf posted:

I understand your attempts at humor. I simply do not find them entertaining.

Edited quote to be more accurate.

Gilgamesh255 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 1, 2019

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

Merlot? What kind of animal do you take me for?

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Regallion posted:

D00D like c'mon, i get that life's crapping on ya, but can we at least not have self-contradicting descriptions.

Whoops. I misremembered a 15 year old JRPG mechanic! Hey, don't be like this loving rear end in a top hat....

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Sending good vibes to you and your family, Id :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Happy Landfill posted:

Sending good vibes to you and your family, Id :smith:

That is an awful thing for anyone to have to go through and I hope your daughter pulls through, Id :ohdear:.