Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Wow, Dean really packed on the pounds since leaving WWE lolo

I like Foochs, I hope you're doing what you can dude. Depression certainly is a thing (as are your other circumstances). :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Who the gently caress is Dean Ambrose?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

A miserable little pile of losses

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Mox ends up in AEW I'll be tentatively excited but I still hate how WWE has set an almost impossible to replicate standard for accessibility and affordability/bang for buck.

Also holy poo poo one of those things is not like the other. Eli Drake isn't offensively bad but he is CAW as all gently caress.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 1, 2019

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Hmm I wonder if escaping a prison is a metaphor for a specific company or something.

dean ambrose is getting a divorce??????????????

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Truthfully I have decidedly mixed feelings about this leaning heavily towards nothing more than depression and general bad milieu. A lot of that has nothing to do with wrestling but I also am leaning towards "blah" on the whole him going back to deathmatches thing if that is in fact what he's doing. He deserves to be a major star and I'm just loving done. Dude is never going to come back to WWE because they're loving idiots who treated him like poo poo and he absolutely deserves the freedom he now has.

I'm sure you guys are loving this poo poo though and it's what Jon wants so what the gently caress ever.

Edit: To clarify some of y'all yuk it up about this kind of poo poo (I think, I doubt the sincerity of concern from people who hate WWE and continually treat me like a moron for not watching NJPW) but the fact is that I'm not okay and while wrestling poo poo is the least of my problems it's certainly salt in the wound and I really really wish it didn't suck so often right now.

I don't think you're a moron for watching the WWE, you seem to mostly enjoy it. I think the morons are the people who hatewatch it out of habit or whatever when there are alternatives available which are at the very least worth checking out to see if you get anything from them, especially as it's easier than ever to do so.

Also hope whatever bad stuff you are going through gets sorted, depression is hell and SSRIs have made my life considerably more bareable, if you're not on anything.

That said, I think Moxley going out and doing deathmatch poo poo because he likes deathmatch poo poo or whatever is kinda rad. A whole lot about the ways WWE operates seems contemptuous of wrestlers who actually enjoy wrestling and are fans of it and are hell bent on grinding that out of them. So if Moxley wants to do that because it's fun, I wish him well and will watch because a well worked deathmatch is definitely something I can enjoy.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Dean Ambrose was like a raccoon that you rescued when it was a baby, but it's an adult now and you're not legally allowed to be taking care of a raccoon to begin with. so you have to let the racoon go, even though it's going to live in a storm drain and eat garbage. You could keep Dean Ambrose in your house and feed him nice food and keep him safe, but he won't be happy there. he needs to be living in a storm drain and eating garbage to be happy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

I don't think you're a moron for watching the WWE, you seem to mostly enjoy it. I think the morons are the people who hatewatch it out of habit or whatever when there are alternatives available which are at the very least worth checking out to see if you get anything from them, especially as it's easier than ever to do so.

Also hope whatever bad stuff you are going through gets sorted, depression is hell and SSRIs have made my life considerably more bareable, if you're not on anything.

That said, I think Moxley going out and doing deathmatch poo poo because he likes deathmatch poo poo or whatever is kinda rad. A whole lot about the ways WWE operates seems contemptuous of wrestlers who actually enjoy wrestling and are fans of it and are hell bent on grinding that out of them. So if Moxley wants to do that because it's fun, I wish him well and will watch because a well worked deathmatch is definitely something I can enjoy.

I appreciate that. All of it. Don't get it twisted, I appreciate good natured recommendations. What I hate is when people approach it like some sort of religious conversion or something. I'm a little down on WWE right now but I still generally largely enjoy it.

And if it's what Mox wants, more power to him, but if that's truly the path he wants to go down (which to be fair we don't know) I genuinely can't follow. I don't enjoy that sorta thing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Granted I have no idea for sure, but I don't see AEW being big on doing deathmatches and ultraviolent gory stuff. Maybe a bit more "color" in contrast with the more sanitized WWE style, stuff that's more reminiscent of the old-school feds like JCP-era NWA, but not the "slamming people through burning tables on top of a pile of light tubes and thumbtacks" kinda stuff. So if Mox does sign with AEW, I wouldn't worry that he's going back to doing those kind of things. I think he would rather have stories and characters that are a bit more realistic and intense, and not the "hokey poo poo" he had to do in WWE.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hope things get better for u samurai

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Granted I have no idea for sure, but I don't see AEW being big on doing deathmatches and ultraviolent gory stuff. Maybe a bit more "color" in contrast with the more sanitized WWE style, stuff that's more reminiscent of the old-school feds like JCP-era NWA, but not the "slamming people through burning tables on top of a pile of light tubes and thumbtacks" kinda stuff. So if Mox does sign with AEW, I wouldn't worry that he's going back to doing those kind of things. I think he would rather have stories and characters that are a bit more realistic and intense, and not the "hokey poo poo" he had to do in WWE.

They signed Jimmy Havoc and he's boring as gently caress after about 5 minutes in the ring in any given match unless he's going through burning tables wrapped in barbed wire and light tubes, so maybe they will.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I mean, they definitely hired Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, Darby Allin, and now potentially Mox with some kind of alternative style in mind, and they’ve said they embrace all forms of wrestling. Not for TV I’d imagine, but a deathmatch here and there on PPV seems likely

Also based on what I’ve seen you really don’t wanna pay Jimmy Havoc for his wrestling ability

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 1, 2019

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The Hardcore Championship will be a thing again!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'M SO HAPPY

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1123450232782696451

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY :woop:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Boy that was some strong metaphor in that there video.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1123546323712651265

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'll only be happy if Jon denies all history of working in WWE and claims that the prison video isn't a metaphor and that he's actually been in jail for the past eight years.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'll only be happy if Jon denies all history of working in WWE and claims that the prison video isn't a metaphor and that he's actually been in jail for the past eight years.

'I am an INNOCENT MAN!'

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If Jon really goes back to death matches it feels like a good thing. He's doing what he wants and it'll probably raise the profile of some of the good death match guys out there. Janela's shows have been getting it out to wider audiences and a spring break with Jon Moxley would probably do really well.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

I’ve been saying that for two years straight here.

poo poo two years ago I was a drunk mess and I still had better sense than some here.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mox leaving a hell job that he hated to finally return to doing something he loves that is, hilariously enough, way less of a strain on his body than doing house shows 300 days a year is a thing to celebrate, friend.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

yea, doing the deathmatch stuff once or twice a month would be bad cosmetically, but is probably a hell of a lot better on his body overall than working WWE 20 days a month.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If this all leads to a universe where we get a picture of Renee hanging out with Zandig I'm 2000% in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

spongeh posted:

Boy that was some strong metaphor in that there video.

Being chased out by a Big Dog?

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 1, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that dog is probably only 80 to 90 pounds in weight.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/alljapan_eng/status/1123581576317743104

History Comes Inside! posted:

They signed Jimmy Havoc and he's boring as gently caress after about 5 minutes in the ring in any given match unless he's going through burning tables wrapped in barbed wire and light tubes, so maybe they will.

he was easily the least interesting wrestler in Deathmatch Survivor this year. If you're boring in normal matches there's only so much the wacky poo poo can get you. The top deathmatch guys have the fundamentals down too (see: Masashi Takeda having one of the best matches of WM weekend in a grappling contest with Jonathan Gresham)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Nobe Bryant is my favorite Kobe Bryant cover band

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jimmy Havic looks cool when he comes out in all his gear and then he takes off the mask and poo poo and looks like a total dork lmao

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sportsgenius86 posted:

yea, doing the deathmatch stuff once or twice a month would be bad cosmetically, but is probably a hell of a lot better on his body overall than working WWE 20 days a month.

moxley and janela vs pagano and joe lider

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
In an interview Janela said aew would be having death matches but only as a way to end feuds and in the style of the barbwire match he had with David Star at Beyond some months ago.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1123594954696220672

FunMerrania fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 1, 2019

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Moxley leading WWE to believe he was just taking some time off or retiring and then immediately diving into bloody deathmatches loving owns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we're gonna feel real silly when Moxley shows up in the rafters wrapped in barbed wire on the next Smackdown.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Randy Bo Banders has a lot to answer for here

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/1123483945453195266

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tough talk coming from mr ramp snake

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

someone please photoshop randy orton's tattoos on TPB randy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

we're gonna feel real silly when Moxley shows up in the rafters wrapped in barbed wire on the next Smackdown.

I mean, death matches in the WWE would at least be a fun spectacle. They bring in Jun Kasai for the death match version of the Cruiserweight Classic & parents have to explain to their kids why that man has so many scars all over his body. "He took a top rope power bomb onto a board of razorblades."

Fox will love it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wow, TPB reference. It kinda blows me away how big that show grew from a short film about a guy named Ricky who killed people's unwanted pets for a living

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I mean, death matches in the WWE would at least be a fun spectacle. They bring in Jun Kasai for the death match version of the Cruiserweight Classic & parents have to explain to their kids why that man has so many scars all over his body. "He took a top rope power bomb onto a board of razorblades."

Fox will love it.

Its a network only show so that they can sign every death match wrestler and kill the only thing the indies have left.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I'd love for AEW to have a rotating Hardcore or Deathmatch title that could passed around. Maybe make it open challenge so you could get one offs coming through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1123896558251139073?s=19

Live every day with the confidence of Maki Itoh being about to wrestle Aja Kong.