Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
People with scanner access: are you even able to find the rare stuff like cranidos and shieldon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

People with scanner access: are you even able to find the rare stuff like cranidos and shieldon?

Yeah our local discord has a scanner that scans for high IV and rare pokemon and reports them to discord with a bot.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I just hatched a shiny Shinx! I may die of shock.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Is it just insane luck or are the shiny rates jacked up right now? I got a shiny Diglett yesterday, two more today, and a shiny Cubone just now.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Oyster posted:

Is it just insane luck or are the shiny rates jacked up right now? I got a shiny Diglett yesterday, two more today, and a shiny Cubone just now.

I think Digletts are boosted. A ton of people on my local discord have found one or two. I haven't found one yet, but hope springs eternal.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Oyster posted:

Huh, could be. Me and my girlfriend both got a shiny today (me a sandshrew, her a diglett) but neither of us got any at all in the previous two events.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Oyster posted:

Diglett are definitely boosted, everything else event-wise seems to be boosted only insofar as more spawns = more checks

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if I was someone who worked at niantic i'd have people go do a manual review of all accounts that got all three lake trio pokemon in the first few hours/days they came out and do a nice big banwave before making them spawn more widely

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

flatluigi posted:

if I was someone who worked at niantic i'd have people go do a manual review of all accounts that got all three lake trio pokemon in the first few hours/days they came out and do a nice big banwave before making them spawn more widely

That'd be hilarious, which is why niantic won't do it (also because they'd inevitably hit some big-name hugely obsessive but not-spoofer fan that got them all legitimately somehow)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
God drat it I've checked like at least 100 digletts between yesterday and today and still don't have a shiny :(

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
200 here and the same

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Keep checking. Kid got 3 before I even got one. Now we have about 6 total. The odds are pretty decent overall.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Why is aerodactyl still in 10 km eggs

He should be extinct

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Finally got an Aerodactyl for the Meltan quest via a research task.

Now for 2 Omanyte / Kabuto, which should be at least somewhat easier to find.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

HookShot posted:

God drat it I've checked like at least 100 digletts between yesterday and today and still don't have a shiny :(

I caught like 250 Bunearys and no shiny. Lobunny is one of my favorite Pokemon. I have the worst shiny luck ever.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Took me quite some checks to find a shiny Diglett, and nothing else yet. But on my second, low-level account I got a shiny Sandshrew as the first thing I touched after the event started, from my couch at home! Low-level accounts always seem to get all the luck.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No shiny Diglett to speak of, but I can't stop giggling 'cause I just had the funniest moment I can remember playing this game.

See, I live close to this Church here:

and the father of a good friend died yesterday, so it was his wake today which happened there. I drop by as I came back from work for a bit. Nothing weird so far.

Of course the church is a gym, so as I'm leaving, I decide to check what team took over. Red, six guys, all at very low CP which means they have been there all day. I take all of them down, in three minutes or so, and finally leave. It's night, it's cold and I question why I even bother with this stuff.

Sitting outside at the entrance are two ladies in their thirties and I don't give much thought to it: it's a big town, even at night and cold there's always people around. Except the app is still open and I notice the gym is being attacked. I stare at the ladies, they stare at me and one of them says "it must have been him" in an accusatory way.

Awkward. As I walk home I realize the absurdity of the situation. These ladies came in to reclaim the gym again immediately after I took it down. I chuckle, "I guess people do take this game seriously".

Back home, I make some tea and get things ready to go walk the dog. Out of curiosity, I look at the gym again and it's been taken over by no less than five Instinct guys (my team). This is when I burst out laughing out loud. It just looked like I called all my friends to come avenge me.

I mean, no one had taken over the drat gym all day by the looks of it and then suddenly, it's toppled down thrice in the space of thirty minutes. A bloody battle at a Church on 11pm. Goddamn crazy world.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

I mean, no one had taken over the drat gym all day by the looks of it and then suddenly, it's toppled down thrice in the space of thirty minutes. A bloody battle at a Church on 11pm. Goddamn crazy world.

You should probably go back inside and confess your sin of knocking over a gym less than an hour before midnight. :colbert:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Johnigans if you’re on here I’d appreciate coordinating best friends as it’ll push me to 40. Shoot me a PM or post here when works best for you. I’m pretty flexible.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Duckman2008 posted:

Finally got an Aerodactyl for the Meltan quest via a research task.

Now for 2 Omanyte / Kabuto, which should be at least somewhat easier to find.

Win a level 3 raid or higher task spawns Omanyte which was the trick I did to get that taken care of. Seems pretty common!

Coffee_Break
Apr 30, 2008

HookShot posted:

Same. Or Shrews or Bones or anything shiny. :(

DuckWiffle and FoxyFisticuffs we're 1 day away from Best Friends. Let me know if you care about XP and want to time that correctly! (Shortkate1 in MI)

Happy hunting all! :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oyster posted:

not for me

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Just did a battle and got nothing for it, not even any stardust.

I haven't seen a sinnoh Stone since they did five in a day.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Who's a big idiot that specifically waited until the 1st of May to get a breakthrough but then opened it at 0633? This guy. :smith:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

LumpyGumby posted:

Just did a battle and got nothing for it, not even any stardust.

I haven't seen a sinnoh Stone since they did five in a day.
I'm at 62 now. I think the last time the topic came up I was at 59. Perhaps the drop rate has slowed a bit.

Thinking of deleting about 40 or so to make space in my inventory...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

seiferguy posted:

Win a level 3 raid or higher task spawns Omanyte which was the trick I did to get that taken care of. Seems pretty common!

Yep, just banked two of those plus a third with a rare candy reward, then finally managed to find and knock down a tier 3 raid to get my two Omanyte. This took way longer than it should have but that's on me.

Now watch as it takes another month to get either of the two Aerodactyl-spawn spawning research requests, while I continue to hatch Aerodactyls on a regular basis out of eggs that don't count.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Entropist posted:

I'm at 62 now. I think the last time the topic came up I was at 59. Perhaps the drop rate has slowed a bit.

Thinking of deleting about 40 or so to make space in my inventory...

How do you get them? Are they a 7th day stop reward like all the other evo items?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

seiferguy posted:

well drat I delete that one a lot because no one around here does raids

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Didn’t find any shiny digletts but I did hatch a shiny Aerodactyl at least :shepface:

I did catch a lot of digletts though. Ideally I would like some kind of chain system or maybe a small hidden counter that raises the shiny chance as you keep catching event Pokémon but I feel like Niantic has been even less effort than normal lately.

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 1, 2019

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
got my shiny diglett! also hatched a Lickitung and a Riolu so a good day

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Yesterday was disturbingly good to me, considering I can go months without seeing any.

This probably means I'm not getting another shiny for the rest of the year :suicide:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Is anyone else suddenly getting WAY less items from gyms/stops? I'm getting 2-3 items from everything I've been at today, including gyms taken by my team and with a golden badge.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

ZoninSilver posted:

Is anyone else suddenly getting WAY less items from gyms/stops? I'm getting 2-3 items from everything I've been at today, including gyms taken by my team and with a golden badge.

I thought so too for the past couple days. I’ll spin a stop and maybe 1 razz berry will show up on screen but if I check the journal it’s giving a normal amount of items.

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

ZoninSilver posted:

Visual bug. Basically the bubbles, that show you the items you got, will stop loading if you close the pokestop/gym screen. It will show everything you got only if you stay at the stop/gym screen.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

They also condensed the reward bubbles so it'll show +3 underneath an item you get 3 of, instead of 3 individual bubbles, which can make it look way smaller on screen.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Another dinner raid hour. Neat?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got a shiny Diglett this morning and did a Groudon Raid during lunch, which was nice.

What's less nice is how absurdly few legendary Raids are popping up at all. I work in a large-ish city. There are plenty of gyms. Almost nothing popping up. Sure, do a very limited time window for a special Raid boss and then don't put it anywhere.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

What's less nice is how absurdly few legendary Raids are popping up at all. I work in a large-ish city. There are plenty of gyms. Almost nothing popping up. Sure, do a very limited time window for a special Raid boss and then don't put it anywhere.

If it's not yet got to 6pm in your time zone, look forward to that. There'll be a Groudon raid on every single gym for an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Silver Falcon posted:

I got a shiny Diglett this morning and did a Groudon Raid during lunch, which was nice.

I live in a small town with very few people to do tier 5 raids, and yet I always see them spawning at 6 a.m. when no one is out