Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well at least this somewhat makes up for the games with gold this month:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123215938692583424?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
GamePass is gonna eat GWG

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

quote:

• Wargroove (May 2nd)
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (May 2nd)
  • Black Desert (May 9th)
  • Surviving Mars (May 9th)
  • Tacoma (May 9th)
  • For The King (May 10th)
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (May 16th)
  • The Surge (May 16th)

Good stuff

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

Well at least this somewhat makes up for the games with gold this month:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1123215938692583424?s=21

lol I wanted to try out The Surge, what dies gamepass cost for one month?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

They’re doing $1 for 3 months right now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol I just bought the game last week for $10. Oh well.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Beastie posted:

lol I just bought the game last week for $10. Oh well.

It's one of the free PS plus games this month too :v:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The surge is great. It’s dark souls lite with sci if and also has 4K HDR now. Surviving Mars is really really fun city builder with tons of customization. I played a lot of it. I’ll try playing through Tacoma once it’s on there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Surge is really awesome and under appreciated. Looking forward to the sequel.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Really happy to see Wargroove on the list. I've been wanting to try it out as I loved the Advanced Wars games, but I've heard the difficulty can ramp up pretty quickly.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

It's one of the free PS plus games this month too :v:

Ah piss I own a PS4 with plus too. Oh well.

I put about an hour into it after I hit a wall in Sekiro (loving owns).

Surge is fun, runs great on One X. I guess I can't feel bad for paying for a good game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Ah piss I own a PS4 with plus too. Oh well.

I put about an hour into it after I hit a wall in Sekiro (loving owns).

Surge is fun, runs great on One X. I guess I can't feel bad for paying for a good game.

The Surge is still available to claim on PS4 until next Tuesday.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Honestly the gamepass is way better than gold now. I've stopped buying games on Xbox and I just play through whatever is on game pass.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Honestly the gamepass is way better than gold now. I've stopped buying games on Xbox and I just play through whatever is on game pass.

Seems to be what they're trying to do

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Noticed Microsoft removed their Youtube video announcing their Games for Gold for May. They have a history of doing this now whenever a video of theirs gets a lot of negative comments and is downvoted a lot lol.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Haha

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

The Pirate Captain posted:

The XBone Elite controller is IMO the best controller that's ever been made, but I still prefer the PS4 one for any type of 2D game that relies on the dpad for movement, like platformers or fighting games.

The Elite controller was one of my worst purchases: It's way too heavy (a controller should be light; don't make your gamepad artificially heavy just to get idiots to say that it "feels expensive") and has horrible build quality.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lambert posted:

The Elite controller was one of my worst purchases: It's way too heavy (a controller should be light; don't make your gamepad artificially heavy just to get idiots to say that it "feels expensive") and has horrible build quality.

its an excellent concept that is executed in the worst possible way.

its a standard bone controller with extra buttons, metal surrounds on the joysticks (this is actually a really good idea) and some customisation options. the actual electronics still suffer the same problems as the normal controller (sticks getting wobbly) and has unnecessary metal triggers and weight.

it should have had a built in lithium battery, upgraded gimbals with improved lifespan (or even adjustable friction maybe?) and an expanded range of customisable sticks/paddles for the rear buttons sold separately (like something that makes driving games easier to control)

I really like mine but im really annoyed that it will eventually need to be replaced for the same reasons i replaced my original controller - joysticks going wobbly and growing deadzones.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I remember asking a while ago but aren’t they supposed to come out with a newer version of it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They've gone on clearance a few times over the past 8 months which has made people think that there's a revision coming out but I don't know if there's any weight to that.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
it is pretty stupid that you have to buy the lithium battery for the controller separately

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’ve been playing a lot of Sekiro and lately I’ve wondered if the extra play in the r1, L1 buttons makes me do not so great at it when perfect timing is needed. The paddle and ability to jump or sprint while moving the camera is great, so great for certain bosses. But I wonder how much the genera design fucks it, or even the fact that it’s not plugged in?

Edit: loving lmao I was browsing the Sekiro subreddit and someone posted this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sekiro/comments/bjomkj/no_game_has_ever_challenged_the_left_bumper_like/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 2, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Yeah I never play fromsoft games on Xbox because the PS4 bumpers are so much more comfortable to use as a main button. Xbox bumpers are good for running or throwing nades and that’s about it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Can confirm that gamepass was the best $3 I ever spent on video games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Can confirm that gamepass was the best $3 I ever spent on video games.

Love running out the clock on Xbox One by spending $1 at a time on GamePass and buying nothing

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I never play fromsoft games on Xbox because the PS4 bumpers are so much more comfortable to use as a main button. Xbox bumpers are good for running or throwing nades and that’s about it.

It took me so long to remember which were RT/LT and RB/LB.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I played sekiro on pc with xb1 controller and yeah. They need to redesign them so they have the same feel across the whole button. The inner and outer edges of the button, because its so long i guess, have different throw distances, make different noises, etc.

R1/l1 on ds4 is a compact button that has a uniform feel across it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
HOLY poo poo :siren: Trials Evolution is now backward compatible on the Xbox One! :siren:

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Get out of there with these bad Elasto Mania clones.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

DrNutt posted:

HOLY poo poo :siren: Trials Evolution is now backward compatible on the Xbox One! :siren:

Awesome, love this game. Playing it now. Cool that my time records are still there.

I know Fusion was kind of a meh stinker, how's the new one that just came out?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think it has lootboxes

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Just upgraded to a One X Fallout 76 edition for $280 thanks to eBay and I have a dumb question. There's no extreme benefit to moving bigger games on the internal drive, right? I started by moving games like Forza Horizon 4 and the Master Chief Collection to the internal but then I wondered if it really mattered at all.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Just upgraded to a One X Fallout 76 edition for $280 thanks to eBay and I have a dumb question. There's no extreme benefit to moving bigger games on the internal drive, right? I started by moving games like Forza Horizon 4 and the Master Chief Collection to the internal but then I wondered if it really mattered at all.

Usually no. Some externals might be too slow and cause issues like desynced audio but that isn’t common.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I put whatever games I'm playing on my external drive for faster loading and move them to the internal when the external is getting close to full.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SAD indeed.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Real hurthling! posted:

I think it has lootboxes

It has lootboxes but it also has the least embarrassing licensed music in the entire series. It's also for the most part just prettier trials. That said it just hasn't grabbed me the way Evolution did and I think at this point it's safe to say that Evolution is the best of the series, although I'm sure there are probably some purists that are all about Trials HD.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

From Dust is now apparently backwards compatible so you can finally play that puzzle god game that has 16 chill levels and two real pieces of poo poo

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
So, xbox sad brings horizon 3 and is more expensive, xbox s brings horizon 4 and is cheaper, cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Should built it out of ham bacon and syrup so it could be cheaper in canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ahh, Microsoft Store Canada finally unfucked the SAD price so it's $299CAD as well. So we've gone from saving negative 80 dollars to saving zero dollars for a less capable console with an older game bundled in.