Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Legs Benedict posted:

what was supposed to happen

Fix the Invitation of the Nine, maybe?

I don't know why I'm still playing. I mean, I do: it's because of mental illness, but I don't want to admit that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because the game is fun.

But Forsaken is 7 months old now and there's nothing to chase after anymore. It's normal to get tired of games, no one is forcing you to put in 20 hours of destiny a week. Go do something else that's fresh and fun. :shrug:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I got Prometheus catalyst so i took it into PvP and its a piece of loving poo poo.

Like what the gently caress. Why it's it so much worse than the other two

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

I got Prometheus catalyst so i took it into PvP and its a piece of loving poo poo.

Like what the gently caress. Why it's it so much worse than the other two

It's fun at mowing over adds in pve but it sucks major rear end in crucible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The auto reload kicks rear end in pve, but coldheart hits so much harder it's pretty much not worth it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Rasheedtheus Lens

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

The auto reload kicks rear end in pve, but coldheart hits so much harder it's pretty much not worth it.

well that and the ch catalyst giving a major boost to stab :v:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

They never should have nerfed the ammo regen

Fun hating fucks

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've never used Prometheus outside of the laser tag weekend

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I went back and watched the age of triumph reveal

Goddamn bungie poo poo the bed in d2

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Age of Truoump

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PathAsc posted:

I went back and watched the age of triumph reveal

Goddamn bungie poo poo the bed in d2

Lol

I remember the trailer being the first time after like 2.5 years that I realized Atheon wasn’t pronounced Aetheon

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Atheon was such a sick fight; time traveling to the past and future, playing as captain America before he became a normal class, everyone grouping up to just lay into him before frantically scrambling as the shield falls, so good

Guardians Make Their Own Fate

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Atheon was such a sick fight; time traveling to the past and future, playing as captain America before he became a normal class, everyone grouping up to just lay into him before frantically scrambling as the shield falls, so good

And every raid boss since has been a "Do Something > Boss stands still for dps"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also every boss since then has had osha certified guard rails.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

And every raid boss since has been a "Do Something > Boss stands still for dps"

Crota at least made it cool again by making the whole raid unload into the freaking sun

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

Also every boss since then has had osha certified guard rails.

Lol thank you

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Turn on your monitor lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The only boss that moves is Insurrection Prime and everyone melts down when he "glitches" and goes somewhere inconvenient for DPS

Raids are bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Atheon moves, it's just hard to see because the strats manage him so effectively. Crota can move but if the attempt is going to plan he'll never deviate from his script. Oryx, Aksis, and Riven technically move but are more like animated pieces of scenery than enemies. Calus and Argus don't move at all. I never played Spire of Stars, lol.

I actually like that Insurrection Prime moves, the whole raid is about chaotic scrappy improvisation and less about memorization anyway. Should definitely be easier to manage, though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Atheon moves, it's just hard to see because the strats manage him so effectively. Crota can move but if the attempt is going to plan he'll never deviate from his script. Oryx, Aksis, and Riven technically move but are more like animated pieces of scenery than enemies. Calus and Argus don't move at all. I never played Spire of Stars, lol.

I actually like that Insurrection Prime moves, the whole raid is about chaotic scrappy improvisation and less about memorization anyway. Should definitely be easier to manage, though.

Crota stomped us regularly because we were very bad at that script lmao

I really want to replay Destiny 1 stuff, just port it in the game already Bungie I don't care if it looks like poo poo

quote:

Our first Atheon kill someone missed an Oracle so I hauled rear end back in to blast it to pieces before we squadwiped as everyone else unloaded into him. With Crota our swordsman died and the squad shrieked at me to stop panicpunching him in the dick and pick up the sword that didn't fall through the level for once and a single dickstab killed him moments before the oversoul detonated. We didn't actually know that Oryx had a final "shoot me in the face" phase so as we were celebrating someone went "oh gently caress" and we turned around to fart out the rest of our gjallahorns on him to win.

We don't have any exciting stories about Calus he just sucks and we never bothered with the raid lairs then real life stopped me from doing the new (really cool looking) raids. The shattered throne dungeon was cool though.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 1, 2019

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Crota stomping into the safe room is glorious and funny

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Crota can move but if the attempt is going to plan he'll never deviate from his script.

False, Crota routinely likes to take a friendly stroll right into the crystal room at his leisure.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The best Crota strat I've seen though, is to have someone carry you through it, watch him gently caress up being swordbearer, and then keep watching as he just ragequits both the raid and party chat for the night.
:discourse:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Guardians Make Their Own Plate

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

The best Crota strat I've seen though, is to have someone carry you through it, watch him gently caress up being swordbearer, and then keep watching as he just ragequits both the raid and party chat for the night.
:discourse:

The mere act of observation changes the outcome. Sounds like you screwed everything up for them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

The mere act of observation changes the outcome. Sounds like you screwed everything up for them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But by not observing it the fight would never progress. :shrug:

Everyone would just stand around wondering what reality is.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My first clear on crota involved the leader going "I'm pulling the plug now"

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

I never played Spire of Stars, lol.

He doesn't move.

He just sits on his pedestal like a pussy

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Sounds like my first dozen clears

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
My first clear of Crota involved me being spawned in to the boss fight and everyone wiping a lot and me asking how it was different from a strike. Also what's a Crota?

I was very bad at Destiny pre-sidearms.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

moist turtleneck posted:

wrecks wife starts bitching on comms background because her streaming episode of riverdale is interrupted

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

wintrrmute posted:

wrecks wife starts bitching on comms background because her streaming episode of riverdale is interrupted

He's married?!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

Why was your rich grandma named Crota lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If I'm well enough to pull my own plug you bet your bippy I'll do it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
sorry ladies, I'm spoken (and paid) for

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I'm just hoarding those Masterwork shards now. Since it's 7 a pop from doing the clan XP stuff, it's pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress yes wrecks

Destiny in life is good, the gunfeel is the best

Never stop posting these, seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T41l_HPfJoM