Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Muppets On PCP posted:

just get a half dozen of the same string and tune them to the same pitch

I want standard tuning god drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
So you want six identical gauge strings, on a normal guitar tuned to E standard? Do you prefer rigid, unplayable strings that could snap, damage your guitar, and likely hurt to fret or do you want floppy as poo poo strings that feel like damp noodles? Cause you potentially get both.

Verizian fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 26, 2019

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think you want a "harp"

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sounds like you want a bass VI and a pitch shifter.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What cool thing are you trying to achieve?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Verizian posted:

So you want six identical gauge strings, on a normal guitar tuned to E standard? Do you prefer rigid, unplayable strings that could snap, damage your guitar, and likely hurt to fret or do you want floppy as poo poo strings that feel like damp noodles? Cause you potentially get both.

Well yeah, that's why I never did it. It's unattainable.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

What cool thing are you trying to achieve?

Nothing, I just prefer the high three strings to be super thick because I started with Classical Guitar and the nylon only strings are a lot thicker than the e/B/G strings on electric. I just don't like the feel of them. That's it. lol

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

s.i.r.e. posted:

hahaha

Hey that reminds me does anybody know where I can get a sleek, fast sports car that also happens to be a completely functional tractor/backhoe?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Get a set of thick jazz flatwounds? :shrug:

What's confusing me isn't that you want thick treble strings, but that you want thin bass strings.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Siivola posted:

you want thick treble strings, [...] you want thin bass strings.

contact stringjoy and kalium or whoever with the above request.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Siivola posted:

What's confusing me isn't that you want thick treble strings, but that you want thin bass strings.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GBLXL--ghs-gbxl-guitar-boomers-electric-guitar-strings-010-038-light-extra-light

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Siivola posted:

Get a set of thick jazz flatwounds? :shrug:

Can you get wound e and B strings though? At least mine aren't, and they're 12s or 13s or some poo poo. And they still hurt to play due to the high tension.

Related: are barre chords even a thing with the ridiculous strings mentioned, because my hands are way too weak for that. Maybe it's just because my bass strength doesn't apply to barre chords though.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Uhhhh that's a good question. Probably not? Looking at D'addario's catalogue, the thinnest wound string they offer is a .17 chungus that you could sort of use as the B I guess.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://stringtensionpro.com/ will let you put together gauges and tensions for pretty much any scale/tuning

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CheesyDog posted:

http://stringtensionpro.com/ will let you put together gauges and tensions for pretty much any scale/tuning

Oh man this is cool, but... I completely broke the site when I couldn't select the construction of the strings and tried hitting continue.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Since this place is often the intersection of "stupid music poo poo" and "awesome music poo poo", this came up in my recommended vids today.

For those who like a little more woodwind in their technical death metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vL1uAXn7s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
No doxx me plz

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey you guys remember that super cool old dude who posted great guitar and vocal covers and was 50/50 guitar/religious content?

All of this was in the comments under a video of his linking to another video about some pro brexit thing

lmao

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

Hey you guys remember that super cool old dude who posted great guitar and vocal covers and was 50/50 guitar/religious content?

All of this was in the comments under a video of his linking to another video about some pro brexit thing

lmao

Yeesh
I'm not surprised. But yeesh.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481

Basically this, over and over again.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Jesus wept.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
looks like you guys just weren't ready for the real TruthSurge :smuggo:

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

It's just Common Sense, brother

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pondex posted:

Yeesh
I'm not surprised. But yeesh.

maybe he will tell england they should try building a wall

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
they tried that once. didn't keep the britons or picts out

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a44UedChM9c

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFv55zoTPaU

Nerd fact: Peterik wrote "Eye of the Tiger"

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 1, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Arguably an improvement.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

I know this dude. Fantastic drummer, played with some wicked bands, and the niche he's made for himself on YouTube is awesome. Check out his other videos.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wark Say posted:

Arguably an improvement.

lol those dumb idiosyncratic fills tho

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:stare:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Stevie Ray Yawn

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

good thing he's holding the guitar or else i'd have guessed he plays the *tips hat* m'lodica

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I've never actually owned a tube amp in my life. What's actually going on here? I assume it's bad, but is the whole thing gonna blow up and ruin the amp?

It's me, I'm the stupid music poo poo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lester Shy posted:

I've never actually owned a tube amp in my life. What's actually going on here? I assume it's bad, but is the whole thing gonna blow up and ruin the amp?

It's me, I'm the stupid music poo poo.

They're rocking too hard; need specially reinforced gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhkfz535fR8&t=97s

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think they’re having a bit of fun with an led but if that was one of the 6L6s it would indicate that the tube is getting runaway current/overbiased and is extremely not happy.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

guitar maker: ok what kind of guitar do you want?

*makes :jerkbag: gesture*

guitar maker: got it!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just the reminder that Romeo Rose is still out there is chilling and funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kilometers Davis posted:

lmao

Weeeelp.

I remember looking up "Rubberband Man" by The Spinners and seeing a comment of his about how he was "listening to this song when it first came out, which was an INFINITY ago to you Millenials." And instantly thinking that he was kinda douchey but god drat.