Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
German Marquez is throwing a no-hitter this is so great for my ratioAHFUCK Jesus Aguilar really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Bregor posted:

Yes, for redraft anyway. I might even try for Shaw/Wheeler. Aguilar could lose time to Thames the longer he stays cold. Although Aguilar does seem like the kind of hitter who’s gonna go apeshit at any moment.

Do go on

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Leclerc jesus gently caress

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Currently winning this week with a .156/.257/.313 line.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

fawning deference posted:

Leclerc jesus gently caress

Out as the closer now.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Mollymauk posted:

Out as the closer now.

I have Shawn Kelley for saves but man Leclerc being dogshit makes my bullpen just average instead of really good. If he loses the job I will have to drop him I think.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Edit: he should be dropped yes?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

He's gone. c:lol:ser carousel

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
LeClerc was one of those dudes I targeted before the season to draft late in rounds and someone snagged him before me in every league. I dodged that bullet (and landed on the Cody Allen grenade).

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Guys I targeted in leagues:

Doolittle
Alvarado
Phillies pen
Trevor May
Drew Steckenrider

gently caress pitching.

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

I have high apple pie in the sky hopes.
The only way to win the closer carousel is to keep throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.

Managers lie. In my experience "closer by committee" usually means "we haven't found our guy yet." (Some caveats apply, sure).

But if you keep churning you can come away with 3-4 guys that get you saves. It's just a question of whether you guess correctly and stick with it, or just throw up your arms and punt it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

DGladding posted:

The only way to win the closer carousel is to keep throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.

Managers lie. In my experience "closer by committee" usually means "we haven't found our guy yet." (Some caveats apply, sure).

But if you keep churning you can come away with 3-4 guys that get you saves. It's just a question of whether you guess correctly and stick with it, or just throw up your arms and punt it.

You bastards are making it difficult to land any guys in the keeper league. :argh: Total guessing game for me right now outside of trading for Vazquez.

Other leagues I am loaded though, I've got 4-5 guys in some leagues.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Last year I drafted like half a closer and then ked the league in saves.

This year I drafted Leclerc, Robertson, and people I'm forgetting. I still plan to lead the league

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

You bastards are making it difficult to land any guys in the keeper league. :argh: Total guessing game for me right now outside of trading for Vazquez.

Insert "that Hansel is so hot right now" meme here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I considered trading chapman but then I looked at who my closers actually are (because I set and forgot) and realized that I probably shouldn't punt saves :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I saw Leclerc struggling and had Shawn Kelley for just this reason, but dropped him two days ago to try out Luke Jackson in Atlanta. Kelley still on waivers. :smith:

DGladding
Apr 2, 2019

IcePhoenix posted:

I considered trading chapman but then I looked at who my closers actually are (because I set and forgot) and realized that I probably shouldn't punt saves :lol:

The "vulturing saves" conversation has no room for Chapman-Diaz-Yates owners, interim commish.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

everyone in Texas thinks Leclerc is tipping his pitches somehow, they just haven't figured out how specifically. I would expect he ends up back as the closer before all too long but I don't blame anyone for cutting loose because it's not like his command is looking any good independently of that

Bregor
May 31, 2013

So is Scherzer just bad now or what

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Bregor posted:

He's a pitcher, soo.... yeah.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bregor posted:

This. Goodness gracious Max you were my boy :smith:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kluber :rip:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Scherzer, deGrom, Sale, Kluber?

Nah, gimme Glasnow, German, Minor, and Gant.

F u c k p i t c h i n g

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Saving me from myself running him out there at this point tbh

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bregor posted:

Scherzer, deGrom, Sale, Kluber?

...Syndergaard, Nola, Snell, Mikolas, Buehler...

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wasn't Snell nasty before his injury?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Bregor posted:

he's actually pitching better this season than any other. he's been insanely unlucky with babip, his bullpen has given up like every runner he's left on base, his own lob% is crazy, and his defense has been atrocious. none of the runs tonight were his fault, at all. robles completely botched a routine fly and ozuna interfered with kieboom in the first.

it's unreal the bad luck he's suffered so far. everyone should be going after him hard if you can get him at like 80 to 90c on the dollar

e:

https://twitter.com/DevanFink/status/1123785657938264064

this is like the most obvious buy low situation imaginable. dude is killing it and everyone around him is letting him down

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 2, 2019

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
DeGrom was back to his usual tonight, but so was the Mets offense.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also

Abel Wingnut posted:

folks, you're going to want to stash yordan alvarez

thank me in august

baseball america posted:

Yordan Alvarez, OF/1B, Astros. It’s hard to have a better day than Alvarez had on Wednesday. In the first game of a doubleheader, Alvarez went 4-for-5 with three RBIs. The Astros’ No. 3 prospect had two singles and two doubles from the cleanup spot. In the second game, Alvarez hit his 12th home run of the season (one off the minor league lead) while going 2-for-3. So for the day, he was 6-for-8 with 11 total bases.

i really do not believe tyler white is long for the astros' starting lineup

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Monday_ posted:

DeGrom was back to his usual tonight, but so was the Mets offense.

The weather last night was also wet garbage, so the fact that he still pitched so well is heartening.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Abel Wingnut posted:

also

i really do not believe tyler white is long for the astros' starting lineup

I mean I love it and all but is he going to leapfrog Kyle Tucker? They've also got to add him to the 40-man.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i don't think that's a concern? yes, both alvarez and tucker are nominally outfield prospects, and the astros' fo keeps at that line for valuation reasons, but yordan patently isn't good in the outfield--at all. he's destined for 1b or dh, and the astros have a black hole there now. meanwhile, tucker is a great hitter and a great defender in the outfield. he is exactly what they look for in an outfielder.

their proclivities sort the situation out rather seamlessly. so no, i don think they impede one another's advancement.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 2, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

I mean I love it and all but is he going to leapfrog Kyle Tucker? They've also got to add him to the 40-man.
I think he'll probably jump Tucker at this rate, but the Astros will look for a trade partner to give them a little something for maybe Kemp or whoever they give up to make a space. Could still be a little bit but as long as he keeps hitting they'll have to find a way.

another guy down on the farm I added lately is Zac Gallen for Miami. What I like about him is that he is going deep in games and racking up IP so if you're in a league with QS that could be something to look at...

Austin Hays from the Orioles is starting to do a little bit of hitting after being out all season due to a sprained thumb. He did play in Spring Training and over 12 games went 13/37 and hit 5 home runs. Big thing is Roch from MASN, which is a team-controlled media outlet, said he could be up soon and might be up already if not for the injury, so the team itself is basically allowing that they'd be willing to call him up. That's one to watch.

Finally there's Cavan Biggio, second baseman for Toronto's AAA, 20 walks to 16 strikeouts with some power and speed. 1.120 ops... everyone's raking really with this juiced ball tbh, but should still be able to displace 33yo Eric Sogard if he keeps it up, youd think

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 2, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I see Eddie Rosario is on one of his patented 0-for-23 runs. Can't really complain after last week but drat is he streaky.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well Thor is back

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the_american_dream posted:

Well Thor is back

He even hit a HR for the game's only run. DIY win right there.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

jabro posted:

He even hit a HR for the game's only run. DIY win right there.

gently caress the DH.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Good thing I left him on my bench. :yeah:

Also, RIP Carlos Rodon.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Thor's outing makes me feel a little better about Kluber getting hurt, seeing as I turned a waiver claim in to the god of thunder. But I still wish Lindor and Blackmon did not go the two picks before Klubot, or I would have had one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is there anything that can be done to make a dead league fun, or at least interesting? This has been one of the worst fantasy seasons I've ever been in because every single one of my leagues is just completely silent. I always expect half the owners to disappear after the draft, but this time around even the active teams just wordlessly reject any trade offers. There's no negotiating or anything. It's boring as all hell.