Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1123718025000124417?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm not mad at aoc and there's nothing you can do to change that

Nor am I - she makes mistakes sometimes, but at least I can believe that she's honestly and genuinely trying.

And then there's Congresswoman Omar, and I also think that she is pretty great too.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

where's the lie?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

tacodaemon posted:

the news about trans rights and also about Caster Semenya seems to be getting to Parker

https://mobile.twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1123722599903711235

i didn't kno about this and it's absolutely appalling

gently caress these ppl

trans rights

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dammerung posted:

To be honest... yeah. I dunno, it might just be because I've been so worn down from constantly feeling worn down from all the news about the Trump Administration refusing to honor subpoenas and appear before committees, but it was kind of nice to think, for even a few minutes, that there was going to be some sort of pushback at all. I'm honestly not sure how much Congress can realistically do, but just seeing them do more than metaphorically wring their hands through strongly worded statements and Tweets did make me kind of happy. I really do want to believe that things will get better and that the work we all did in organizing, campaigning, and fighting for more progressive candidates for the House in 2018 and the resulting blue waves would pay off in dividends. It might have been a bit unrealistic of me to think, but I'm a dreamer at heart.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TRUMP!

NEVER TRUST THE POLS

ONLY TRUST IN MORE ORGANIZING

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Shageletic posted:

NEVER TRUST THE POLS

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Shageletic posted:

NEVER TRUST THE POLS

Heck yes! We beat some pretty awesome pavement back then, it was an amazing effort and worked out very well for our district.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dammerung posted:

To be honest... yeah. I dunno, it might just be because I've been so worn down from constantly feeling worn down from all the news about the Trump Administration refusing to honor subpoenas and appear before committees, but it was kind of nice to think, for even a few minutes, that there was going to be some sort of pushback at all. I'm honestly not sure how much Congress can realistically do, but just seeing them do more than metaphorically wring their hands through strongly worded statements and Tweets did make me kind of happy. I really do want to believe that things will get better and that the work we all did in organizing, campaigning, and fighting for more progressive candidates for the House in 2018 and the resulting blue waves would pay off in dividends. It might have been a bit unrealistic of me to think, but I'm a dreamer at heart.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TRUMP!

the only true politics understanders in tyool 2019 are Death Krew

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mariana Horchata posted:

i didn't kno about this and it's absolutely appalling

gently caress these ppl

trans rights

:hai:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

BREAKING: America just gives up, just, ugh, gently caress it, AP reports.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
WATCH: Ilhan Omar is Cool and Good.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shageletic posted:

NEVER TRUST THE POLS

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lmao remember when all the political scientists were giddy with excitement about how trump's campaign had literally zero ground game, so they would be able to measure how much of a drop off in votes collected you would get without it

but uhh then he won anyway

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dammerung posted:

Heck yes! We beat some pretty awesome pavement back then, it was an amazing effort and worked out very well for our district.

Maybe you should get back on it. I know it makes me feel better.

What we're trying to do in Queens right now is get a public defender to be our DA thta explicitly against the concept of incarceration and get more protections for undocumented and it feels very doable!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ismt mediate a CAP/DNC thing lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zyla posted:

lmao remember when all the political scientists were giddy with excitement about how trump's campaign had literally zero ground game, so they would be able to measure how much of a drop off in votes collected you would get without it

trump didn't even have Bernie's patented Harass Women organizing app

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Republicans: nah, we're not gonna do that
Dems: well gently caress

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

Yeah they forgot that getting more votes doesn't actually matter in a democracy. Pretty big rookie mistake tbh

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Shageletic posted:

Maybe you should get back on it. I know it makes me feel better.

What we're trying to do in Queens right now is get a public defender to be our DA thta explicitly against the concept of incarceration and get more protections for undocumented and it feels very doable!

Of course, as soon as I get home! Sending out emails and communicating from overseas hasn't been quite the same, and I miss actually being with a community of hard-working people.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shageletic posted:

NEVER TRUST THE POLS

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

trump didn't even have Bernie's patented Harass Women organizing app

trump absolutely had twitter my dude

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/buzz_clik/status/1123377328455704576

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dammerung posted:

Of course, as soon as I get home! Sending out emails and communicating from overseas hasn't been quite the same, and I miss actually being with a community of hard-working people.

Awesome man. Glad to hear.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I cannot wait to punch people and scream ITS BERNIE, BITCH

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
and also facebook

im beginning to wish view to a kill was a documentary

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GrimGypsy posted:

I bet you can still find some down around alphabet city and chinatown

alphabet city is very gentrified now.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I
JO

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gringostar posted:

trump absolutely had twitter my dude

:golfclap:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

anyone have the joe-tse pic?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fat bitch missing hopey

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Iowa more like raiowa

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/animatedtext/status/1123730797570211840?s=19

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Al! posted:

that's weird, i was told you were a secret billionaire

that was kind of weird wasn't it

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

lol

when do we devolve into riots and looting cause i want a tag huer watch

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/daisybanaisy/status/1123664180811325441

Cao Ni Ma has issued a correction as of 00:38 on May 2, 2019

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reverse Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Mephistaepheles/status/1123667523105378309