Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
On the other hand there’s a lot of food for the Dragons now

Unless they want to resurrect anyone. Maybe Beric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

lmfao

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gatts posted:

On the other hand there’s a lot of food for the Dragons now

Unless they want to resurrect anyone. Maybe Beric.

I kinda hope he's just up and around with no explanation next episode, but that he's gone really weird (the Hound said he'd been brought back 19 times, right?).

I don't mean zombie Mountain like, but just have something incredibly off about his behavior.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

A Strange Aeon posted:

In the after the show thing, they said the Night King only died because Arya stabbed him in the exact spot the Children of the Forest had used the dragonglass to create him from or something. Does that make any sense to anybody?

How did Arya know that that was the spot to stab?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

tpink posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o&t=40s

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

tpink posted:

It looked like she just stabbed him where his heart would have been? Which the hound taught her. "That's where the heart is".

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

Dreaddors alive ?????

Your name isn't ringing a bell?
but yes, despite my daily wish of death, I am alive.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dreaddor posted:

Your name isn't ringing a bell?
but yes, despite my daily wish of death, I am alive.

*Worgs into forums poster*

Command: Take him, dead or alive!

Poster: Dead or alive!
Dead or alive!
Dead or a live
Dreaddor live
Dreaddor ali
Dreaddor
Dreaddor
Dreaddor

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

tpink posted:

They didn't explain that part--I dunno if the video is on Youtube or what, where they mention it. It's the official thing on HBO GO that's like a few minutes with the directors after each episode.

While looking for the video, though, I found this funny article that quotes Maisie Williams:

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/game-of-thrones-episode-3-season-8/

“It was so unbelievably exciting,” she said. “But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them.

“It has to be intelligently done because otherwise, people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

A Strange Aeon posted:

They didn't explain that part--I dunno if the video is on Youtube or what, where they mention it. It's the official thing on HBO GO that's like a few minutes with the directors after each episode.

While looking for the video, though, I found this funny article that quotes Maisie Williams:

“It was so unbelievably exciting,” she said. “But I immediately thought that everybody would hate it; that Arya doesn’t deserve it. The hardest thing is in any series is when you build up a villain that’s so impossible to defeat and then you defeat them.

“It has to be intelligently done because otherwise, people are like, ‘Well, [the villain] couldn’t have been that bad when some 100-pound girl comes in and stabs him.’ You gotta make it cool. And then I told my boyfriend and he was like, ‘Mmm, should be Jon though really, shouldn’t it?’”

Lol Maise even tried to get them to tone down the stupid urchin fight in the previous season

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

lol i just remembered the sand snakes fight

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

This video (1 minute) sums it up pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrU1SGDdViY

BTW nice gap in the armor right over your heart you dumb fuken ice king.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
You show me someone who doesn't think stabbing the motherfucker in the back is awesome and I'll show you a PYF poster.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

lol i just remembered the sand snakes fight

Oh for gently caress's sake.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I have never wanted to click on something less .

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I watched one of the behind the scenes vids and George Lucas visited the set when they were filming ep 1 of this season lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have never wanted to click on something less .

It's just him ranting the same way we've been except without the occasional person shouting "I liked it and you're all killjoys!"

Now you don't have to watch it. You can read it right here in the thread!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He's making 6 figures. Doesn't have a real boss. And is earning that $$ doing what we do for free.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

I watched one of the behind the scenes vids and George Lucas visited the set when they were filming ep 1 of this season lol

They asked George how to over-produce things especially the cheesy CGI army fighting spectacles.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
Watching the actors in the bts footage pretend that the arya/nk thing isn’t the dumbest loving thing ever is hilarious

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
jon/sam didn't stab the other white walkers in the heart, right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Night King's heart is between his ribs and pelvis on his left side.

A wizard did it.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

You guys are such ageists... your perky little heart might be inside your ribcage when you're 25, but just wait until you're his age. Gravity is a hell of a thing.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Infinite Karma posted:

You guys are such ageists... your perky little heart might be inside your ribcage when you're 25, but just wait until you're his age. Gravity is a hell of a thing.

You're thinking about night king's balls.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm beginning to think the writing on this "game of thrones" show isn't up to snuff. Example: Onion Knight without onions? c'mon!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Colonel Cancer posted:

You're thinking about night king's balls.

Aren't we all?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

A Strange Aeon posted:

In the after the show thing, they said the Night King only died because Arya stabbed him in the exact spot the Children of the Forest had used the dragonglass to create him from or something. Does that make any sense to anybody?

This is made funnier by the fact that she clearly wasn't aiming anywhere in the first place and only go that hit off because he was holding her at the exact right position for her to drop the knife originally planned for his upper torso into another hand and stab him in the gut. Maybe she knew he would spin around and grab her by the throat? Did she read the script too?

Even their dumb-as-gently caress retconning explanation makes no sense.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Waltzing Along posted:

Aren't we all?

I hope so!

NK is no less than 10000 years old, his balls must be dragging behind him for meters. Woah.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope so!

NK is no less than 10000 years old, his balls must be dragging behind him for meters. Woah.

Yeah but think of how cold they are.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

I can't wait for the siege of the Red Keep when *rolls dice* Brieanne saves the Hound from the Mountain by throwing her sword while surfing on a shield down some steps. When someone can post the scene when Catlynn told Brieanne "surfs up!"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Peeler posted:

This is made funnier by the fact that she clearly wasn't aiming anywhere in the first place and only go that hit off because he was holding her at the exact right position for her to drop the knife originally planned for his upper torso into another hand and stab him in the gut. Maybe she knew he would spin around and grab her by the throat? Did she read the script too?

Even their dumb-as-gently caress retconning explanation makes no sense.

I'm starting to think they're just making poo poo up as they go along!!!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A :dong: of :butt: and :supaburn:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope so!

he tied them up around his torso, arya actually hit his left nut

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A hospice patient's final request was to watch the Battle of Winterfell. The 'Game of Thrones' cast did her one better

Imagine your dying wish being to see this giant battle and you get that dark mess

Poor lady I bet she couldn't see a loving thing the entire episode :(

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It really was a great episode minus plot coherency. get a better screen if you can't see the shades of black jfc

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Snow Cone Capone posted:

A hospice patient's final request was to watch the Battle of Winterfell. The 'Game of Thrones' cast did her one better

Imagine your dying wish being to see this giant battle and you get that dark mess

Poor lady I bet she couldn't see a loving thing the entire episode :(

"And I want to wish you a very smooth transition" is a really weird thing to say to a dying person imo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

It really was a great episode minus plot coherency. get a better screen if you can't see the shades of black jfc

can someone blow up :goonsay: to like 4k resolution so I can apply it to this post

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Pitdragon posted:

"And I want to wish you a very smooth transition" is a really weird thing to say to a dying person imo

eh kinda but if I was an extra-level actor who got told "this dying lady is watching an episode of a show you were in for 10 seconds 5 years ago, what do you have to say to her" I could see myself saying something like "uhhh I hope your death doesn't suck too bad" in a panic

VVVVV nah I agree it's awkward as gently caress lol I just blame the guy who thought it was a good idea to make the video, not the actor who got put on the spot like that :haw:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 2, 2019

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Snow Cone Capone posted:

eh kinda but if I was an extra-level actor who got told "this dying lady is watching an episode of a show you were in for 10 seconds 5 years ago, what do you have to say to her" I could see myself saying something like "uhhh I hope your death doesn't suck too bad" in a panic

yeah i guess ive been on the forums too long, in my mind it sounds more like hes describing a future bowel movement or something. guy took the time to record a message and that was nice of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Should have told her "welcome to the Night King's Army" lol that would have been EPIC FANDOM moment for this person to end their life with!!!!