Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Take the boss' chair and put it at someone else's desk

Anarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Oh someone did that. They went "Len we found you a new chair" and gave me one that was more comfortable to sit on but also had a busted hydraulic. Then they tossed my old one in a dumpster.

In order to get a nonbroken chair I need to wait for someone to point out first because the only free chairs are broken and I'm lowest on the totem pole.

The old boss is just an awful person who likes making people miserable. And even though she isn't out boss she still runs the office because new boss has no spine.

Take the old boss' chair and put it at the new boss' desk.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Take both bosse's chairs and throw them in a nearby ditch. Call in sick until you get fired, collect your last paycheck and then set the building on fire at night :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's like the galaxy brain meme in post form :allears:

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

Outrail posted:

How do they get projects if everyone knows they're poo poo?

A coworker of mine said:

quote:

if they are hiring Accenture for anything, the person making the buying decision is clearly of the sort that has their email printed for them by a secretary.

(These people still exist. I've met one in a VP position as recently as 2 years ago. To be fair, he did respond to emails on his own, but only after scanning the printed version. And yes, he responded always in cobalt blue, comic sans.)

True Story

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I wonder how he figured out how to change the font and color

Or maybe someone else did that as a joke and he can't figure out how to change it back

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Shame Boy posted:

I wonder how he figured out how to change the font and color

Or maybe someone else did that as a joke and he can't figure out how to change it back

Very likely the latter.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/foxdefeated/status/1123551372534845441?s=21

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'd call that a blessed image

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah. Flood them with practice interviews.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

What awful behavior, I'm sure glad the neutral news source Axios is here to report on this disgusting insult to poor innocent big banks

See? The banks are so kind that they sponsor important news! How can Literally Hitler Elizabeth Warren hate them?! I bet she hates puppies too!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wow, that's the corporate equivalent of "it was a compliment, calm down bitch" and now I'm mentally imagining JPMorgan as wearing a fedora and poorly menacing water bottles.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

T-man posted:

Wow, that's the corporate equivalent of "it was a compliment, calm down bitch" and now I'm mentally imagining JPMorgan as wearing a fedora and poorly menacing water bottles.

"But we're such a nice corporation, those STUPID BITCH WHORE customers just never get to know us first"

I assume the equivalent to friendzoning a bank is using a free checking account carefully so that you never get any fees charged and also never ever taking out any lines of credit.

Or better yet, get a loan at a ~bad boy~ credit union instead and use your bank checking account to pay it so the bank knows

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Wait, that contemptuous tweet about "it's all your fault you are poor, just have more money lol" was supposed to be offering advice?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

I assume the equivalent to friendzoning a bank is using a free checking account carefully so that you never get any fees charged and also never ever taking out any lines of credit.

it's doing that ultrapoints poo poo where you get a bank to pay you a few hundred to open an account, then close it the moment you can

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enfys posted:

Wait, that contemptuous tweet about "it's all your fault you are poor, just have more money lol" was supposed to be offering advice?

maybe they're right though you know?

like go get the money

just go take it by force

as they did

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Billionaire: poor people should kill themselves
Warren: don't tell people to kill themselves
Media outlet paid by billionaire: Warren attacks charitable business man for offering fool proof retirement planning advice

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crosspostin' from the 'pos:

If only we knew... Oh well, hopefully with that $30 million in funding we can finally find the cure to homeless people.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Enfys posted:

its good advice, it worked for them

Shame Boy posted:

Crosspostin' from the 'pos:

If only we knew... Oh well, hopefully with that $30 million in funding we can finally find the cure to homeless people.
:thermidor:
dude is worth over 7 billion dollars (up over 1 billion ytd) he's sitting on over a quarter of what it would cost to effectively end homelessness in the country. There is no problem in the world my net worth is a quarter of the way to solving. Hell you could leave him with hundreds of millions of dollars, and still be over a quarter of the way to ending homelessness.
"How do we solve this problem?"
"Could maybe you and 3 of your buddies settle for owning only a thousand times more than the average US household?"
"no"

hell gently caress HIM for donating less than 3% of his profits so far this year and getting a handy for it from the media.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

dude is worth over 7 billion dollars (up over 1 billion ytd) he's sitting on over a quarter of what it would cost to effectively end homelessness in the country. There is no problem in the world my net worth is a quarter of the way to solving. Hell you could leave him with hundreds of millions of dollars, and still be over a quarter of the way to ending homelessness.
"Could maybe you and 3 of your buddies settle for owning only a thousand times more than the average US household?"
"no"

hell gently caress HIM for donating less than 3% of his profits so far this year and getting a handy for it from the media.
Don't forget that he gets to deduct that, so really it's probably only about 18 million of his money, and 12 million in government funds.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

its good advice, it worked for them

"no"

"But what could possibly be the cause of so much homelessness here in San Francisco?" I ask completely unironically while gazing out across the bay towards my yacht from my second penthouse

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is there a way to see how much revenue multinationals received per country? I know they all park their profits in Switzerland, Ireland or whatever tax haven is popular these days, but is it possible to see the total french/german/usa revenue that e.g. apple acquired in 2018?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Last I checked there were 2 empty investor owned houses for every homeless person in the USA.

Granted i'm not sure how they define 'empty.' I'm wondering if vacation rentals are being counted in those numbers (they should be imo, even if not strictly 'empty' it's not being used as a primary residence).

Anyway besides the techie income boom causing effects on the housing market at the hubs which propagate out, we've also got real estate values being run up speculatively and this time we also have cool things like AirBNB which enables landlords to easily gain rents far above what they could have otherwise gotten by simply putting the property up for rent onto a global market. Scope out the landlord thread on these here forums for landlords conspiring to drive tenants out so that they can close the rent gap.

I think a good fifth of the town I live in is just vacation rentals.

I dunno what needs to be "studied" exactly. The existence of a housing market is predicated on the fact that some people are going to go without because that is how markets function. Therefore if we want all people to be housed then we need to provide some minimum housing outside of the market system. Bing fuckin' bong.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 21:54 on May 1, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
In my tourist town there's a major problem with housing shortages and affordability. Out of towners like to own a vacation house so there's loads of vacent houses that get rented out to air bnb. There's also two or three housing developments going up with $800k houses. Meanwhile most people are on low wages due to rural living and can't afford to own a house or rent and are moving away.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Outrail posted:

In my tourist town there's a major problem with housing shortages and affordability. Out of towners like to own a vacation house so there's loads of vacent houses that get rented out to air bnb. There's also two or three housing developments going up with $800k houses. Meanwhile most people are on low wages due to rural living and can't afford to own a house or rent and are moving away.

Coooooool

Do your local restaurants and hotels constantly bitch to the news that they can't find anybody to work 7 days a week. 12 hours a day for minimum wage with no overtime pay, only during the busy season, because they don't want to pay 86% of their income to hot bed in a basement apartment?

Also, here's some news

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/biggest-airbnb-hosts-canada-corporations-1.5116103

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Powershift posted:

Coooooool

Do your local restaurants and hotels constantly bitch to the news that they can't find anybody to work 7 days a week. 12 hours a day for minimum wage with no overtime pay, only during the busy season, because they don't want to pay 86% of their income to hot bed in a basement apartment?

Not yet, but I would have had a chance at buying a house 5 years ago and that's gonna be reeeealy hard now.

Lol these people aren't what air bnb said they were. Should be a thee property cutoff.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Outrail posted:

Lol these people aren't what air bnb said they were. Should be a thee property cutoff.

Yeah also this. AirBNB wasn't supposed to just be a management suite for big landlords. Or maybe it was heh but it wasn't advertised as such.

Although "big" is relative because there are companies that own hundreds of thousands of units :)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah also this. AirBNB wasn't supposed to just be a management suite for big landlords. Or maybe it was heh but it wasn't advertised as such.

Although "big" is relative because there are companies that own hundreds of thousands of units :)

I'm just a small business owner with $75 million dollars in short term rental stock I've removed from the housing stock in markets with severe housing shortages just trying to scrape together enough money to feed my kids.

They only eat gold leaf, caviar and black truffles.

Please lower my taxes, they're starving!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i wonder if there's like a tweetdeck/etc for airbnb for short term rent empires to manage their listings

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i applied for an unpaid internship back in my college days and it wasn't even a real interview. it was basically a 5 minute introduction and a "you've got the job if you want it, start monday" so not even any interview practice.

i turned it down because i got accepted for a paid internship the following week

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Outrail posted:

why should you be able to list any address but your primary on it?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

duz posted:

why should you be able to list any address but your primary on it?

Because it is now and has always been a way for people to run (often illegal) rental businesses, not some mass movement of people just letting a stranger crash in their den or w/e they try to pitch it as, and AirBNB absolutely knows this is where their money comes from.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Moridin920 posted:

This is called getting woke :(

It's called being "woke" because you'll never have a good night's sleep again. Anger and guilt will plague us until suicide not only seems like an option, but the only ethical choice.

gently caress, I thought I was done with it, but god drat it keeps coming back.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's called being "woke" because you'll never have a good night's sleep again. Anger and guilt will plague us until suicide not only seems like an option, but the only ethical choice.

gently caress, I thought I was done with it, but god drat it keeps coming back.

not gonna lie sometimes i legit do feel this way, that my mere existence is problematic and there's only one way of halting that

what the gently caress can you even do when your entire society and your presence is directly harmful to the world

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Shipon posted:

not gonna lie sometimes i legit do feel this way, that my mere existence is problematic and there's only one way of halting that

what the gently caress can you even do when your entire society and your presence is directly harmful to the world

It's times like that you realize how billionaires justify their existence. Like, you're already hurting the world, so why not just relax and enjoy yourself? And hey, the more you hurt the world, the more you benefit, the more friends you make, the stronger you seem, the better you feel. So you take, and you take, and you take, AND YOU TAKE, AND YOU TAKE AND YOU TAKE AND YOU TAKE AND YOU loving TAKE AND YOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUFUCKINGTAKETAKETAKETAKE

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress that it's the richers who are the problem not me

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
They are eaters without use. Useless Eaters, one might say.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's times like that you realize how billionaires justify their existence. Like, you're already hurting the world, so why not just relax and enjoy yourself? And hey, the more you hurt the world, the more you benefit, the more friends you make, the stronger you seem, the better you feel. So you take, and you take, and you take, AND YOU TAKE, AND YOU TAKE AND YOU TAKE AND YOU TAKE AND YOU loving TAKE AND YOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUTAKEANDYOUFUCKINGTAKETAKETAKETAKE

Hey dude, why don't you take... a chill pill!!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Screaming Idiot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEPfSUKBREg

for real though the first world is monstrous and having any real amount of money is by default unethical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/vitaminwater/status/1122940111371608065