Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Auron might be my favorite character design in all of FF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

elf help book posted:

wakka saying yknow was cool, its his cool island tude

that dude belongs in the same dumpster as zell dincht

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Just remembered it’s called Yunapalooza lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

wakka isn't even good at blitzball, it's better to recruit someone else for the team.

at least zell has a girlfriend.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Please Nintendo announce a new video game or something. Get these freaking weebs out of here.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i just looked up zell's girlfriend and man, final fantasy 8 was wild

quote:

When the friends of the Library Girl quiz Zell to see if he's compatible with the her they deliver the results in a form of a "love meter" that has a maximum value of 5. The results don't depend on the answers the player chose, but on the number of times the player visited the library, and whether they witnessed the previous events for the quest. To get the best "score" the player must have visited the library at least 50 times.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wakka is the best party member

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

it's funny because most of them are actually pretty good voice actors so it virtually has to be the direction

A lot of the games were localized by the same people and they admit that they were still figuring things out:

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/04/16/the-writer-who-fixed-final-fantasy/

quote:

What project from the past 20 years do you wish you had a second shot at localizing?

I’ll pick two, for different reasons. While I feel like, for their respective times, they were both pretty good, I would love to revisit Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy X. Vagrant Story was essentially my first full project. While there is a lot about it I wouldn’t change, in the years after Vagrant Story I learned a lot more about writing dialogue for voice, which has in turned changed how I write non-spoken dialogue. Several years ago, a group of fans actually recorded a radio play of Vagrant Story and while I applaud their effort, the script wasn’t doing them any favors. I’d give it a rehaul so the lines would work as well out loud as they work on the page.

For Final Fantasy X, I’d love to revisit the voiced lines there with the experience of Final Fantasy XII under my belt. Again, I’m glad with how it turned out for the time, but there was so much I didn’t know.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I decided to buy the FF rereleases on cartridge to save on storage space, and then it turns out that in the west the FF X/X-2 game requires you to download X-2, it's not included on the cartridge. But in Asia both games are on the cart. So now it seems like I'm going to be importing it from ebay or playasia, since the Asian versions still have English fully available. Some bullshit.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Zell is a lucky man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

I decided to buy the FF rereleases on cartridge to save on storage space, and then it turns out that in the west the FF X/X-2 game requires you to download X-2, it's not included on the cartridge. But in Asia both games are on the cart. So now it seems like I'm going to be importing it from ebay or playasia, since the Asian versions still have English fully available. Some bullshit.

They did this for the Vita release too, it's odd

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the half on cart/half on code thing is so offputting, its worse than if it was just digital only

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
That’s some freaking fail. Imagine buying XII on cartridge but it’s like only the first two discs, ugh.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The character of Zell Dincht really spoke to me as someone who also has a Mike Tyson face tattoo and wears jorts

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Cool av

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Chad Zell vs. Virgin Squall

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

I don’t understand that.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

There's a week long demo for Mario Tennis Aces on the switch right now, lets you use multiplayer as well

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
breaking my 1 musou game per generation rule for Persona :yiikes:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Xg8GPJmqs

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BOTW is amazing on CEMU. It was worth the effort to setup.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Auron rules

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres nothing even wrong with his arm. he just pretends its in that sling but theres nothing wrong with it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

He’s the cool guy

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Final Fantasy XII Epic Style Handheld Version <- downloading now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://twitter.com/Tomoya_Tomita/status/1123803370450558976

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://twitter.com/a67bexU6Q2RlB2O/status/1123608068594458626

Awesome lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nice

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Don't even loving watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLv3VTB7qA

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ok, I wont

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Corruption room ftw.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Rune factory 4 is getting a switch remaster and they are making a 5th one also. I generally enjoy the rune factory numbered games, 3 was particularly good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

Rune factory 4 is getting a switch remaster and they are making a 5th one also. I generally enjoy the rune factory numbered games, 3 was particularly good
4 falls apart a bit when you get into some of the dungeons, but it's not bad. It's the only one I've played but I would give 5 a try when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I got RF4 years back when I wanted to try out a Harvest Moon style game. Thought it had some promise but only played it a little because Stardew Valley came out not long after and suddenly RF4 and Story of Seasons found themselves gathering dust. I’ll probably give it another shot when the remaster comes out