Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Yeah. I mean, no oil from Alberta being pipelined over your province is an ideal scenario for lots of Canadians.

I'm not sure Albertans understand this.

Conservatives threatening us with a good time once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

i wish we could live in alternate universe where MTS and Hydro were both still full-control crown corps providing fibre internet and clean, clean electricity to the whole province in year 2019

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:agesilaus:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Jun 16, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:actually:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Jun 16, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Wellcum friend

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The entire english speaking world is a dumpster fire

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the entire white person world? It is a really big dumpster

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'll be honest, idgaf if hospitals help the dead and i doubt very much if they do either

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

infernal machines posted:

i'll be honest, idgaf if hospitals help the dead and i doubt very much if they do either

As a lich who's phylacter is an outdated x-ray machine in the basement of a hospital; wow rude.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I would prefer hospitals not help the dead, they are somehow even more racist than the living

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

But this way, at least someone's making money (off you)! :downs:

"Public utilities and healthcare are unprofitable" is the most bullshit loving talking point that gets repeated in every paper without critical thought

Hospitals aren't supposed to turn a profit they're supposed to help the dead and the dying you loving sick motherfuckers

i like how no in this province realizes that premier that was in charge of mts when it was privatizes sat on it's board of directors for 12 years after he left government

edit: winnipeg is going to be down to 4 ERs by the end of the year if pallister stays in power as well, healthcare is hosed in the province now

DariusLikewise has issued a correction as of 23:18 on May 1, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

i like how no in this province realizes that premier that was in charge of mts when it was privatizes sat on it's board of directors for 12 years after he left government

edit: winnipeg is going to be down to 4 ERs by the end of the year if pallister stays in power as well, healthcare is hosed in the province now

Why don't the sick people just go to ontariohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

again, time to take healthcare out of the thread title.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Reality Winter posted:

the entire white person world? It is a really big dumpster

Quebec was really a lot better when we were "the whiten-words of America". We're white now, and have become complete pieces of poo poo.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Manitoba crown services minister: cut staff at crown corps by another 8%

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/maniotba-crown-corporations-cuts-1.5117800

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Love to live in a province with functioning government services. Wonder how that Winnipeg transit strike talk is going.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

But this way, at least someone's making money (off you)! :downs:

"Public utilities and healthcare are unprofitable" is the most bullshit loving talking point that gets repeated in every paper without critical thought

Hospitals aren't supposed to turn a profit they're supposed to help the dead and the dying you loving sick motherfuckers

2 things here
1) we've been trained for decades to believe that unprofitable is the same thing as inefficient
2) we don't make the connection that places providing services to us being profitable means they're taking more of our money than they're spending serving us

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

vyelkin posted:

2 things here
1) we've been trained for decades to believe that unprofitable is the same thing as inefficient
2) we don't make the connection that places providing services to us being profitable means they're taking more of our money than they're spending serving us

but number must go UP!

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Who is hyped the gently caress up for this news cycle of Doug Ford peeing his pants in terror over the May Day protest?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sorry didn't hear you, was too busy reading about how every SFH for sale in Ontario is about to become a four-unit airbnb

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-housing-legislation-omb-developer-fees-1.5119909

quote:

The government is proposing to eliminate a charge for creating a second suite in new homes and allow homeowners to create units above garages or in laneways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

Sorry didn't hear you, was too busy reading about how every SFH for sale in Ontario is about to become a four-unit airbnb

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-housing-legislation-omb-developer-fees-1.5119909

top floor, bottom floor, garage, and a "rustic living" shed in the back yard.

Poop in a bucket, just like your ancestors!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/SlutStrathcona/status/1124025816415916038

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/guillotine-queen-s-park-protesters-ford-1.5121164

lol

Doug Ford: starts cutting through the social safety net keeping people alive
victims: time to make our own cuts!
Doug Ford :decorum:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Powershift posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/guillotine-queen-s-park-protesters-ford-1.5121164

lol

Doug Ford: starts cutting through the social safety net keeping people alive
victims: time to make our own cuts!
Doug Ford :decorum:

its just campus free speech bro

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
drat snowflakes and their effigy free zones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Quality strategy there, being so performatively spooked they're drawing attention to otherwise largely ignored protests

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Not so deep down inside, I really hope they're not being terribly performative

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tighclops posted:

Not so deep down inside, I really hope they're not being terribly performative

Nah, they ain't afraid of poo poo. If they were they wouldn't be ramming through cuts to all and sundry in the face of overt opposition from every other level of government.

Making them afraid though, that's probably a viable strategy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Like, I get the feeling that somehow Doug Ford has forgotten he lives in Etobicoke and maybe making GBS threads on his own doorstep is going to "go a little over the line" one of these days.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gettin kinda nervous about the election tbh. PM Scheer? ugh.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

Nah, they ain't afraid of poo poo

Wah wah the NDP were harassing me so much I missed press time and needed police protection

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

Gettin kinda nervous about the election tbh. PM Scheer? ugh.

gonna be Scheer insanity!

also we're all gonna die

Also you should be loving nervous. They're going to open up the constitution and define marriage as a union between one white christian man and one white christian woman.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

gonna be Scheer insanity!

also we're all gonna die

government mandated Ford F350s for all

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

government mandated Ford F350s for all

Can i just rebadge my F250, or am i gonna have to get a whole new truck

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

Can i just rebadge my F250, or am i gonna have to get a whole new truck

you gotta drive the old one into the nearest river asap

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Trudeau sucks but he's going to sail to reelection. Quebec still won't vote for Scheer and all the dumb chuds in ontario are still in the liberal camp. Corruption? That's just doing business.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My NDP MP is retiring so it may be a close fight with the CPC. hopefully the PPC runs someone too for maximum vote splitting.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Reality Winter posted:

Corruption? That's just doing business.

We knew this on the way in and we deemed it preferable to racism

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

you gotta drive the old one into the nearest river asap

Fine, but i'm not gettin out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reality Winter posted:

Trudeau sucks but he's going to sail to reelection. Quebec still won't vote for Scheer and all the dumb chuds in ontario are still in the liberal camp. Corruption? That's just doing business.

Quoting this for when Scheer sweeps Ontario and you look like an rear end in a top hat