Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Milo and POTUS posted:

Between Stan's gross baby teeth, Francine filing her teeth down from grinding and Haley brushing with a golf ball brush there are some unsettling teeth scenes in this show. It's getting into "hosed up dream" territory. Other than the teeth thing, I kinda like it.

Principal Lewis filed his teeth to points too, to eat humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Stan mashing a chocolate cake into his retainer

vvv: don't remember that at all but now I really want to

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 29, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The early ep where Stan keeps grinding teeth at Steve's neediness to the point that one pops up still freaks me out.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

The early ep where Stan keeps grinding teeth at Steve's neediness to the point that one pops up still freaks me out.

The one with a Science Fiction Convention (or SyFy Con to make things short) and a hobbit who tried turning invisible?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The cold open was fantastic. I had to pause and cackle for a few minutes.

Anyway,

Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted
Season 16, Episode 3
Steve introduces Stan and Francine to Barry’s parents and Steve regrets it. Roger goes blind.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

The cold open was fantastic. I had to pause and cackle for a few minutes.

Anyway,

Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted
Season 16, Episode 3
Steve introduces Stan and Francine to Barry’s parents and Steve regrets it. Roger goes blind.

Barry's parents are totally swingers aren't they?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I wonder if they'll use the version of Barry's parents he talks about during the early seasons, drugged-out neglectful jerks who appear to either actively dislike him at the very least totally ignore him

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have had both "Nobody beats the best, we're super good now" and "TEN TWENTY-ONE SIXTEEN FORTY-SEVEN" stuck in my head for days now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rogu

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The return of evil Barry

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I knew it, and i liked how they didn't go the obvious route.

GO BANANAS!!!!!!!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gaunab posted:

The return of evil Barry

It's about time.

Barry's parents are way less horrible than the early seasons made them seem.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Blind Justice scene was perfect.

twistedmentat posted:

GO BANANAS!!!!!!!!!

Don't you do it Steve

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Rogers blind b plot was hilarious

I think this was a top tier episode

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Judging from Barry I think it's safe to assume their- and this is nothing against Barry we love Barry- Monstrously stupid sewer people.

How is this series still good 15 seasons deep.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

Barry's parents are totally swingers aren't they?
Nailed it

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I loved the little bit of Barry's speech.

"You remember a few months ago which feels like a few years ago?"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

SASSBACK!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nailed them too :fistbump:

Also Stan loves Logan Paul.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Rogu's little outfit delighted me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Loomer posted:

Rogu's little outfit delighted me.

Yeah the bj on his shirt got a good laugh because I'm a child.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How is this series still good 15 seasons deep.

Hayley and the ball cup game; nice

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

No Luck Needed posted:

Hayley and the ball cup game; nice

"Michelangelo! Michelangelo!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Barry listening to music in the treehouse time or was it just white noise?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If my memory isn't shot it sounded like techno, actually.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Nice to see Barry getting some attention lately. And he was genius enough to know that we all forgot about whatever the B-plot was in that episode that was only a few months ago.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I do like that they got Craig Ferguson back as unmedicated Barry.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Davros1 posted:

I do like that they got Craig Ferguson back as unmedicated Barry.

He's a really good voice actor, I wish they had him do more.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

sleep with the vicious posted:

Rogers blind b plot was hilarious

I think this was a top tier episode

This and the Gina Lavetti one were gold. GOLD.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I loved the little bit of Barry's speech.

"You remember a few months ago which feels like a few years ago?"

One of my favourite things is when the show plays with its own continuity.

“Those were clearly dreams, Francine.”

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Doctor posted:

One of my favourite things is when the show plays with its own continuity.

“Those were clearly dreams, Francine.”

I've said it before but honestly that's the part I hate the most about the show, what I would give for an animated sitcom that actually maintained a consistent and tight continuity, especially if it had minimum "Status Quo Is God" endings to it's episodes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
jeans

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drrockso20 posted:

I've said it before but honestly that's the part I hate the most about the show, what I would give for an animated sitcom that actually maintained a consistent and tight continuity, especially if it had minimum "Status Quo Is God" endings to it's episodes

I feel like AD's actually in a really good place with this; they don't maintain a strict continuity that might box them into a corner, but they're willing to bring up previous episodes and have things change whenever it'd be funnier to do so.

e: Like, if they'd maintained strict continuity, they couldn't have done the hot tub episode, for example.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I feel like AD's actually in a really good place with this; they don't maintain a strict continuity that might box them into a corner, but they're willing to bring up previous episodes and have things change whenever it'd be funnier to do so.

e: Like, if they'd maintained strict continuity, they couldn't have done the hot tub episode, for example.

Well obviously it wouldn't work quite so well for American Dad specifically(although there's definitely certain aspects where it would have been nice to have stronger continuity), I mean more a show built from the ground up for that kind of thing, King of The Hill got fairly close for a while but then screwed the pooch after a certain point, as did The Boondocks(although that show went up it's own rear end after it's second season), ironically the adult animated series that I can think of that comes the closest(besides shows that only lasted a single season like Mission Hill or Good Vibes) is Metalocalypse, that show had incredibly tight continuity

Basically I'm not against retcons, it's just that a retcon should be done in a way that makes sense with what had been previously established rather than outright ignoring what had happened, the latter path is just lazy and outright insulting to the audience's intelligence

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drrockso20 posted:

that type of show would require a viewer with an extremely high IQ

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Didn’t Boondocks get made without its creator after Season 2?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Remember when Roger murdered Tuttle?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

drrockso20 posted:

Well obviously it wouldn't work quite so well for American Dad specifically(although there's definitely certain aspects where it would have been nice to have stronger continuity), I mean more a show built from the ground up for that kind of thing, King of The Hill got fairly close for a while but then screwed the pooch after a certain point, as did The Boondocks(although that show went up it's own rear end after it's second season), ironically the adult animated series that I can think of that comes the closest(besides shows that only lasted a single season like Mission Hill or Good Vibes) is Metalocalypse, that show had incredibly tight continuity

Basically I'm not against retcons, it's just that a retcon should be done in a way that makes sense with what had been previously established rather than outright ignoring what had happened, the latter path is just lazy and outright insulting to the audience's intelligence

Have you watched Venture Bros?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Gaunab posted:

This, took a few for me to get into it but man it really gets better every season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Gaunab posted:

If you're looking for tight continuity this is the show for you.