Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i wasn't around to witness it first hand, but my understanding is he made anti-semitic remarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Furnaceface posted:

Its the north end of the Mississippi. Its flooding everywhere around the Great Lakes and all the way out to the Atlantic Ocean.

Nature is trying its hardest to stop people from voting Conservative. Sadly Canadians are dumb and I dont think this will work. :(

I was making fun of southern people saying that about California unironically, I'm sorry. No one deserves that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i wasn't around to witness it first hand, but my understanding is he made anti-semitic remarks

Omar antisemitism or antisemitic antisemitism?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
he called nyc "hymie town". not sure about all the context, but not a great look

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
of course they were never going to go with jesse jackson either way

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
christ, i have the most annoying headache right now

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dukakis didn't win because he was too black.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
the next president will be donald trump, calling it now

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Didn't Biden want to run?

If so, yeah trump's gonna make it. It's about time someone gets in and trains that swamp in broken Washington.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i love oystercatchers, they can catch my oyster anyday

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

Omar antisemitism or antisemitic antisemitism?

in addition to the hymietown remark he supposedly had a history of talking about jewish landlords ripping off black tenants among other things

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

The Muppets On PCP posted:

in addition to the hymietown remark he supposedly had a history of talking about jewish landlords ripping off black tenants among other things

Ah, thats disappointing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mexico is currently the most sane country in North America.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The levy on the other side of the river failed so our side is probably gonna last the weekend lol. Sorry bout ya, downtown Davenport.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Goons Are Great posted:

Didn't Biden want to run?

If so, yeah trump's gonna make it. It's about time someone gets in and trains that swamp in broken Washington.

What

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Volkerball posted:

The levy on the other side of the river failed so our side is probably gonna last the weekend lol. Sorry bout ya, downtown Davenport.

Corporate America fucks up another small town.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
how much do you want to bet volkerball blew up the other town's levee

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
and i dreamed i was posting
in my mind's eye i could clearly see
vb floating away to sea
down the great mississippi
and i dreamed i was posting

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

how much do you want to bet volkerball blew up the other town's levee

he doesn't work for the us army anymore

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IEEUPIWMMk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Theres rain in the forecast for 4 of the next 7 days. Shits somehow going to stay bad or get worse. :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah they're saying the waters aren't going to recede significantly until the end of the month so whatever water gets in is just going to sit there and ruin everything. In the meantime, we flirted with the all time record today, the crest tomorrow will flirt with it again, and next week the crest will probably smash it. It's mostly businesses here in the big city with the bright lights on the border with the river, but as you get out of town into river rat territory there's a bunch of villages and trailer parks that are already or are gonna be completely flooded and a lot of people are gonna lose everything. It's pretty lovely.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 2, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's frankly amazing how few places flood zoned a or v are up on stilts. it's pretty much limited to parts of the east coast

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1123717492269096961

put this guy out of his misery

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
well you're not invited

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I like that these elderly dipshits' last thoughts are almost universally 'you know how a lot of sci-fi settings have this horde of barbarian like spacefarers that don't really do anything to improve their planets but just move from system to system leaving ruined worlds in their wake? Yea that, let's be that'. It's the ultimate apotheosis of Elderly Broke Brain

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

sexpig by night posted:

I like that these elderly dipshits' last thoughts are almost universally 'you know how a lot of sci-fi settings have this horde of barbarian like spacefarers that don't really do anything to improve their planets but just move from system to system leaving ruined worlds in their wake? Yea that, let's be that'. It's the ultimate apotheosis of Elderly Broke Brain

I think “literally went to the moon” entitles him to a pass on weird things like this, personally.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
buzz aldrin is definitely a man of his era, and that era has passed. you can both understand his sentiment in context as well as recognizing the futility of it in today's context

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sexpig by night posted:

More feasible than stopping climate change.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

should've left him on the moon

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think it's just another case of relevance deprivation syndrome.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I think he's right, and good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volkerball posted:

More feasible than stopping climate change.

I don't even disagree but I still think we can't be looking at some mutli-planet bullshit until we have a framework for a more sustainable, more environmentally aware, infrastructure. We can't just go to Mars all 'yea we'll just find Mars Coal right?', we're like fifty rungs on the Star Trek ladder away from getting Vulcans knocking on our door.

In conclusion

R. Mute posted:

should've left him on the moon

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

sure you can go to mars but your money stays here

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i'm going to live on an asteroid

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we're all gonna be Belters and you know it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

we're all gonna be Belters and you know it.

Beltalowda :eng101:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

We all have dust in our lungs. For Mars! :blastu:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/01/self-censorship-media-new-zealand-white-supremacist-2019-226766

amerikans just love white supremacy huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/bUyDyvd.mp4