Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I知 kind of starting to worry Travis Shaw is never waking up this season. Still super early I know but drat I hate when I知 forced to slot him in my lineup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

I知 kind of starting to worry Travis Shaw is never waking up this season. Still super early I know but drat I hate when I知 forced to slot him in my lineup

A lot of Shaw's underlying stuff looks in line with his career, but he's also getting shifted on a lot more which might be murdering him? I'd give him more time to see if the contact stuff comes up at all.

https://twitter.com/benjpalmer/status/1123026666836590592

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Good thing I left him on my bench. :yeah:

Also, RIP Carlos Rodon.

Something something sitting studs. Also his peripherals, advance stats, or whatever you want to call them have been very good. He should never be sitting.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
It wasn't intentional. I forgot to set my lineup last night and had him and Strahm on my bench today.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It wasn't intentional. I forgot to set my lineup last night and had him and Strahm on my bench today.

I feel you and myself had this same conversation during football season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought Urias would be a super Holds guy but he's not looking good as a reliever :negative:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Earlier in the season, I was able to trade Treinen for Freeman, which meant that I had both Freeman and Rizzo as my 1B. I tried to revisit an offseason deal, by offering Rizzo for Soto, but obviously that didn't go anywhere. I was just able to trade Rizzo for Scherzer.

I now have Strasburg, Cole, and Bauer, to go along with Scherzer, with Glasnow, Flaherty, Freeland, and a rotating cast of WW pick-ups.

I think the smart thing to do would be to try and trade one of Bauer and Stras, and hope to shore up my offense. My pitching has been the only thing keeping me in weekly match-ups.

Any thoughts? It's a typical 5x5 league, except we count OBP over AVG.

e: Not sure if Bauer/Stras for Chapman would be too much to give.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 3, 2019

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Is Josh Hader's job pretty secure now? He's had some trouble recently, but Jeffress has been back for a couple weeks now and hasn't gotten any save chances.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
He has secured the existence of his role and a future for save opportunities

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Is Josh Hader's job pretty secure now? He's had some trouble recently, but Jeffress has been back for a couple weeks now and hasn't gotten any save chances.

I still think the Brewers want Hader back in the fireman role and Jeffress as closer, but also that Jeffress just isn't up to the task right now.

Personally, I just dropped Jeffress to put in a claim on Nelson as a stash.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Simpsons Reference posted:

:golfclap:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Simpsons Reference posted:

I was about to call you out for this and then I realized we were talking about Hader and now I'm laughing too. :shobon: :golfclap:

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Thoughts on this trade, then? I was offered their Hader and Corey Seager for my Jose Abreu and Shane Bieber.

The relevant stuff:
I have Goldschmidt, Abreu, and Alonso battling for my 1B and CI positions (Khris Davis is in my Util slot)
Mondesi is at short and Semien is at MI
Bieber is my 3rd(?) best SP (Verlander, Thor, Archer, Bieber, E-Rod, Paddack, Rich Hill)
My current closers are Doolittle and Iglesias
Saves and ERA are my worst categories

So the gist is I clear up my 1Bs, lose one of my better pitchers, "upgrade" at MI, and hopefully shore up my weaknesses. I'm iffy on it because I lose the best player in the deal and I think take on more risk, but it's a really quiet league so my alternative is probably to just hope I hit on the closer carousel and play matchups/hot streaks with the guys I have. Thanks.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Corey Seager is not an upgrade at SS. Hader is not guaranteed to keep accumulating saves. They use him in a fireman's role.

In short, I don't like that trade for you. 1B is too shallow to trade away Abreu for cheap. I bet if you shopped him or Goldy around, you could find much better.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'd take it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

If you can start three RP I壇 take it.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'd have to think about that trade but Hader is pretty valuable even if he's not the Closer. Like look at his stats last year as the fireman or w/e

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I would probably take that deal. It's not a bad trade and it addresses your current needs. It will probably work out for you unless one of those guys gets hurt. But if you want to try getting the most value out of your players I think you can do better.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm going to take it, I think if I tried to push for more value I'd just end up stuck with Abreu or Alonso on my bench. Seriously, the only other offers I've had were Abreu for Domingo Santana, or Abreu for Robbie Ray, so I'm surprised to get an offer that I actually have to think about. I'm not certain about Seager, but I think Hader will provide a lot of value either way. Thanks all for the advice

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I tried shopping Abreu around for all the decent catchers and everyone declined, except Realmuto's owner who left it open, probably so he can mash accept in case he gets injured. Yahoo would reverse that in a pro league, right?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
i don't think I've ever had a trade accepted after 24 hours. If it goes longer than that they either cancel it or just let it sit there forever. So I just cancel them after 24 hours now.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Joey Votto went 0-for-7 today.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

fawning deference posted:

Joey Votto went 0-for-7 today.

He was my "fantastic value!" pick in my work league. To think I was glad that the guy in front of me grabbed Bellinger instead and let Votto drop.

One more question about the team I mentioned in my other post: would you drop any of Dwight Smith Jr., Jose Martinez, Alex Verdugo, Franmil Reyes, or Yandy Diaz for Caleb Smith? It's a 5 OF league and I have Austin Meadows and Eloy Jiminez recovering from injuries, so if I drop an OF I'll be down one until one of the other guys gets back. Diaz wouldn't hurt as much right away, but I think he's also the best player out of them all. Right now I'm leaning Martinez just because of the possible playing time issues.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Franmil rules.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Changing my team name to DL10 to better reflect my roster

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
*IL

Bregor
May 31, 2013

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

He was my "fantastic value!" pick in my work league. To think I was glad that the guy in front of me grabbed Bellinger instead and let Votto drop.

One more question about the team I mentioned in my other post: would you drop any of Dwight Smith Jr., Jose Martinez, Alex Verdugo, Franmil Reyes, or Yandy Diaz for Caleb Smith? It's a 5 OF league and I have Austin Meadows and Eloy Jiminez recovering from injuries, so if I drop an OF I'll be down one until one of the other guys gets back. Diaz wouldn't hurt as much right away, but I think he's also the best player out of them all. Right now I'm leaning Martinez just because of the possible playing time issues.

I would say drop Smith Jr. but he just keeps accumulating stats. Probably Martinez.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

take it up with Yahoo :colbert:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

In a league which counts IP, K/9, K/BB, ERA, WHIP, and QS, I sold high on Glasnow and got Carrasco - I figured Carrasco has insanely good rate stats and K's and his BABIP is .420. I love Glasnow but I think from this point on I am getting the better pitcher and Carrasco was a great buy low. SAS please poo poo on me if this is not the case.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 4, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

In a league which counts IP, K/9, K/BB, ERA, WHIP, and QS, I sold high on Glasnow and got Carrasco - I figured Carrasco has insanely good rate stats and K's and his BABIP is .420. I love Glasnow but I think from this point on I am getting the better pitcher and Carrasco was a great buy low. SAS please poo poo on me if this is not the case.

I think that's reasonable for the reasons you stated. Glasgow is a guy who if his mechanics get out of whack will struggle, and I would bet on at least a little of that this season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who is Mitch Garver? He sounds like a computer-generated baseball player name right up there with Hunter Dozier.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rand alPaul posted:

Who is Mitch Garver? He sounds like a computer-generated baseball player name right up there with Hunter Dozier.

I love names that are so bland they almost have to be computer generated, like Tom Murphy.

Or ones that are incredibly rad like Skye Bolt.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

Have him in two important leagues

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I知 on the other end of the trade. My (inherited) team is poo poo without any true first or even early second rounders and I need to get some quality keeper talent so I知 crossing my fingers Glasnow has permanently turned a corner in his career, even if he regresses a bit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Changing my team name to DL10 to better reflect my roster

lol and Soto just hit the IL excuse me I'm just gonna jump off a loving cliff

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Bregor posted:

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo

Have him in two important leagues

Perhaps it was only a minor inj-

https://twitter.com/nwilborn19/status/1124763951428927488?s=20

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's been pitching really poorly lately it makes sense. Here I was hoping he'd be traded to the Rays or the Astros :qq:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

resident posted:

I’m on the other end of the trade. My (inherited) team is poo poo without any true first or even early second rounders and I need to get some quality keeper talent so I’m crossing my fingers Glasnow has permanently turned a corner in his career, even if he regresses a bit.

That's why I offered to you. If Glasnow turns into Aaron Nola, you have a solid SP keeper next year.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Rand alPaul posted:

He's been pitching really poorly lately it makes sense. Here I was hoping he'd be traded to the Rays or the Astros :qq:

He said the curveball hurt to throw - makes sense. His (relative) ineffectiveness seemed to me a consequence of using that pitch less in two strike counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

He said the curveball hurt to throw - makes sense. His (relative) ineffectiveness seemed to me a consequence of using that pitch less in two strike counts

Yeah just anecdotally watching one of his starts he didn't look healthy. It sucks. He's a fantastic pitcher when he is on.

I am not sure if I should use his slot to stream or go all-in on another closer carousel player.