Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Tenents of The Satanic Temple posted:

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.

Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.

People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

How can you not love that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nobody deserves to waste their youth quite like college republicans.

I should've included this fantastic picture of their president, Chevy Swanson

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fuckin' lol at the Comp Sci professor with "I don't see racism here!"

Always funny to hear that from white people in TYOL 2019. Cause I mean it's basically saying that you're either a liar or stupid as gently caress. Take your pick.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

psydude posted:

I had a couple of friends who went to Lynchburg and always complained about the Liberty kids trying to sneak into their parties.

VA west of Richmond gets real weird. Like Farmville, for example; I don't know how anyone can stand spending 4 years at Longwood.

I will say that far west VA (and maybe Floyd) is cool as poo poo, beautiful outdoors and pretty chill. I smoked weed for the first time in an AT hostel outside of Abingdon and it's still my favorite place to camp / hike / randomly chat with folks. Definitely hit some static when dipping into W. VA though :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/IbrahimAS97/status/1124116716169113601?s=19

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

Your 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, ladies and gentlemen! :ocelot:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Well, Ill try hard to empathize with his falling poll numbers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JSOPIO/status/1124506148256743424

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1124512457177874432

https://twitter.com/WJXTvic/status/1124508751157964800

142 very lucky people!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I was already pretty gently caress biden, but now super gently caress him

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I mean that's something Onion Biden would say but not in that context

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
Yeah, so that ex-Royal Marine called in the big guns to take me down. Personified by an ex-Paratrooper that left Britain to live in Australia because Britain was "too lefty".
His Facebook is an utterly vile collection of the most racist poo poo imaginable. I have to say I was impressed with his comparison of the EU to Nazis...because why not?

He left this comment for me to cogitate:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/AlexWardVox/status/1124496845676396544?r

lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

When I was a Republican in college (it was decades ago, OK?) I found the College Republicans too miserable to be around. I mean, I went to a party school where you had to work very hard at being so awful that nobody would invite you to a party on Saturday night and the College Republicans were still those dudes. The astrophysics majors had better social lives than they did.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 4, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The 2020 Commission comes to mind again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah this is how it started from memory

What was the tweet?
LITTLE ROCKET MAN WONT BE BOTHERING US MUCH LONGER

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

CommieGIR posted:

Well, Ill try hard to empathize with his falling poll numbers.

Are you kidding? This will 100% increase his numbers with boomers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When I was a Republican in college (it was decades ago, OK?) I found the College Republicans too miserable to be around. I mean, I went to a party school where you had to work very hard at being so awful that nobody would invite you to a party on Saturday night and the College Republicans were still those dudes. The astrophysics majors had better social lives than they did.

Don't knock the star fuckers. Dropping acid and chilling at the planetarium seems like it'd be a rocking good time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't knock the star fuckers. Dropping acid and chilling at the planetarium seems like it'd be a rocking good time

I ain't knocking them. I'm eternally jealous that I wasn't good enough at math to join them. loving calculus, how does it work?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

The 2020 Commission comes to mind again

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1124507938725384192

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Do it you fat gently caress. Throw a tantrum and tweet about it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

goomsnarr posted:

Yeah, so that ex-Royal Marine called in the big guns to take me down. Personified by an ex-Paratrooper that left Britain to live in Australia because Britain was "too lefty".
His Facebook is an utterly vile collection of the most racist poo poo imaginable. I have to say I was impressed with his comparison of the EU to Nazis...because why not?

He left this comment for me to cogitate:

This doesn't surprise me at all. Having a bunch of "friends" and family that are, or have been British military over the years, they frequently end up like this. Like, at a vastly higher rate of going total fash than the US military if you'd believe it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

he says in a forum full of people who enlisted

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

Hexyflexy posted:

This doesn't surprise me at all. Having a bunch of "friends" and family that are, or have been British military over the years, they frequently end up like this. Like, at a vastly higher rate of going total fash than the US military if you'd believe it.

They all act as if "they know better".

After I presented fact and figures, they fell back to "I have PTSD; I carried a rifle, what do you know?".

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Holy poo poo, you might be the dumbest poster in a thread full of dumb vets and their political opinions. Do you have any idea how dumb that is?

It’s insanely dumb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You got me! I am...so dumb. I enlisted in the infantry, if you need any more proof.

You however seem to not only have had a tantrum, but the same one as Trump has had, about nothing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

goomsnarr posted:

They all act as if "they know better".

After I presented fact and figures, they fell back to "I have PTSD; I carried a rifle, what do you know?".

Just do what I do and start asking where they saw all this combat. Ninety nine times out of a hundred they turn out to be a forklift driver that never left some UK supply depot for 20 years.

Then I like to point out that I had more people shoot at me as an electrician on a loving oil rig.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

he says in a forum full of people who enlisted

From what I gather some of them partied too hard

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just watched SpaceX livestream lauch a satellite and then land the rockets back at the base, it fuckin ruled, holy poo poo boys we are livin in the future :psyduck:

e]correction : they landed the main rocket on a god dang boat :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I guess Trump was salty over social media again yesterday, but someone please tell me it was over something other than James Woods and this alt-right John Paul Watson being banned from Facebook

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I guess Trump was salty over social media again yesterday, but someone please tell me it was over something other than James Woods and this alt-right John Paul Watson being banned from Facebook

That was part of it but then the bigly tough man alpha leader man saw on the television that North Korea fired a rocket and it gave him the bad feels.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Time to put grandpa in a corner and set the swivel locks on his wheelchair if he's going to get handsy with the nurses

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/duffelblog/status/1124629929579167744?s=21

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

god dammit joe

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god dammit joe

https://twitter.com/haleymlotek/status/1124406160809873408

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
London Metro PD is hosed, says anonymous officer
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/02/police-officer-london-lost-control-streets-knife-crime-cuts

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

didn't-serve-in-vietnam-boomer.txt

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god dammit joe

Zirconium Joe strikes again.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1124405797067329537?s=21

Who could have guessed? I bet he didn’t even want the job and was forced into it by that pesky Obama fellow.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Still holding out hope that Joe entered to be a bullet sponge for Trump.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Still holding out hope that Joe entered to be a bullet sponge for Trump.

"I bet when Trump gets to office he drops the charade of acting like a giant loving idiot"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

"I bet when Trump gets to office he drops the charade of acting like a giant loving idiot"

I forget, did he pivot yet? Is he presidential now? So many lovely editorial think-pieces on that topic.