Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

The first chapter of Looking Up To Magical Girls, the new manga by the author of Kumika no Mikaku, is out now.

It may not be what you expect.
I dont know what i was expecting. But ill see were this crazy train is headed towards for a couple more stops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
i guess after you make a cute alien girls comic the next step straight up selling out to the fetish crowd huh

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
She gets a shirt in the cover. That's nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DoubleDonut posted:

The first chapter of Looking Up To Magical Girls, the new manga by the author of Kumika no Mikaku, is out now.

It may not be what you expect.

Yeaaaaah... :yikes:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

I feel you Maomao

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mao mao ftw.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
lol @ jinshi specifically requesting she keep the freckles

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jinshi's way out of his league, but if he keeps the exotic fungus coming maybe he'll get there someday

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Jinshi's way out of his league, but if he keeps the exotic fungus coming maybe he'll get there someday

He might stand a bit of a chance if he's willing to coat his dick with arsenic.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Carpator Diei posted:

He might stand a bit of a chance if he's willing to coat his dick with arsenic.

But he doesn't have his dick anymore, unless he's a different kind of eunuch.

V My understanding is that only eunuchs are allowed in the female only section of the palace.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 19, 2019

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mraagvpeine posted:

But he doesn't have his dick anymore, unless he's a different kind of eunuch.

Maomao has made the assumption that he's a eunuch, but I'm pretty sure he's just a very pretty man

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Wasn't it hinted that he is the emperor's brother?

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Chapter 18 hints that. Members of the imperial family are allow in the harem.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It was originally hinted he was the brother but he's actually Auduo and the Emperor's son, who was swapped with the brother.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Yeah, it's what he claims, but I'm willing to bet that he's about as much of a eunuch as I am the Emperor of China.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It's also not unheard of in Chinese history for dudes to sneak into the Imperial harem posing as a eunuch

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The new chapter of Franken Fran is up. https://mangadex.org/chapter/592346/1 its just as much as a feel good manga as ever.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 20, 2019

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The new chapter of Franken Fran is up. https://mangadex.org/chapter/592346/1 its just as much as a feel good manga as ever.

Wait what since when did that manga not end years ago?
...Well, looks like it's continuing right where it left off.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I'm catching up with the disturbing series Trail of Blood, and lmao this page: https://readms.net/r/a_trail_of_blood/46/5727/17

I legitimately have no idea where the gently caress this story is going. This kid is just basically screwed by his circumstances.

edit: I think I mentioned this in the past on the topic of this story, but what makes it so unsettling is that the protagonist is just a middle schooler and lacks the agency/options that an older teen might have. Like, he's at the "child" end of the transition from child to adult, so he lacks any tools to deal with his situation to a greater extent than someone older might.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 22, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm catching up with the disturbing series Trail of Blood, and lmao this page: https://readms.net/r/a_trail_of_blood/46/5727/17

I legitimately have no idea where the gently caress this story is going. This kid is just basically screwed by his circumstances.

My guess?

Shigeru will not remember what happened exactly but the mom will still want to end him. Man, this was not the direction I was expecting this to go when I started it.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 22, 2019

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mulva posted:

It's real real good. Everyone should always read You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

I'm like 30 chapters in and it's gotten to the point that I can't take any of it seriously. Seventy thousand people were just killed by a cursed manga. The MC has had like a dozen relatives and childhood friends die supernaturally. He's been involved with numerous highly public incidents with huge body counts attached. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, but now it's more like a really weird gag manga where ghosts make people's heads explode.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
My cousin is visiting for a bit!

Ohh, she's become obsessed with a run down amusement park and died falling from the top of a Ferris wheel that no longer exists.

Let's go on vacation!

Ohh, the vacation house has a necromancer in it and my mom looks like his dead wife and he's gonna try to steal her body.

Let's go visit some family friends!

Ohh, they live in a murder house and get possessed and kill themselves.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

7c Nickel posted:

I'm like 30 chapters in and it's gotten to the point that I can't take any of it seriously. Seventy thousand people were just killed by a cursed manga. The MC has had like a dozen relatives and childhood friends die supernaturally. He's been involved with numerous highly public incidents with huge body counts attached. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, but now it's more like a really weird gag manga where ghosts make people's heads explode.

Yes, there's an element of the surreal to all of it that makes both the humor and the horror work. Like it can go real real dark when it wants to, but it can also go silly.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah the chapter on cursed chocolate(?)...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It's funny how sometimes a government agency shows up investigating and whenever they get there the manga flat out becomes a ghostbusters-esque comedy/action thing instead of pretending it's remotely horror.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The hailey's comet Cultists was the best fakeout in the series for me. There was also an update for anyone who missed it featuring more of the lovely serial killer ghost. With an ending straight out of 'The Silence of the Lambs'

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hayakawa can never move on because jun is a ridiculous magnet for supernatural danger. he doesn't even seek it out. jun and menacing ghosts are like detective conan and overly elaborate murders of people who deserve it.

i always find it funny when hayakawa gets frustrated with her mortal peril-prone boy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 22, 2019

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I love the ghost girl's utterly deadpan running pantomime where she tells the protag "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT IS TIME TO LEAVE."

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I don't think it's clear with the manga of Kusuriya but the translation of the LN heavily implies that Maomao knows he's not a eunuch, but refuses to think otherwise for various reasons. She does this sort of mental filter to another character later on too.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Lol at Sasaki's introduction.

I was wondering why Musashi wasn't in there, but that "explains" that. The writer just wanted to have some fun.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I like how the only way this even works is to assume that not a single other swordsman in all of history decided to continue training after their death. Sasaki is the only guy who felt the need to get better and achieve enlightenment because he's a loser I guess?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Come on, humanity's greatest lsoer, that's gold right there.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am ready to embrace yamato damashii.

Also drat Zeus, you did not age well in comparison.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I love this manga.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New Valkery. Also monthly releases from now on.

Somehow I actually believed that Sasaki was dead at that first lunge, probably the result of hyping the ultimate loser.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That would have been a hilarious development. Alas.

Interesting that Zeus' ultimate mode is named after the traitor.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Hibiki updated.

That's one way to motivate her.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This manga Skip to Loafer is so good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rudeezy/status/1120840067981824001

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gods vs humanity is great because it looks like its going to be the most outlandish bits of Baki and Kengan Ashura and co. and is going to be amazing for it.

Just all the excesses of insane fightman tournament manga.

Hello what is this actually called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Considering Inaka is the best character in komi-san, I'll probably like this