Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.tonal.com/

Peloton for weights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ugh.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
that's not even barbells its just lovely resistance training, isn't it?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Moist von Lipwig posted:

that's not even barbells its just lovely resistance training, isn't it?
It's like an even dumber bowflex.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
bowflex deez nuts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
richard “bowflex” kayanka

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just buy some free weights and turn on some arnold youtubes wtf

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rex-Goliath posted:

literally this

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

buttcoins broke my brain, all I can think of when I see that url is luke-jr and "bitcoin-bong"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
it costs $3k + $500 for accessories + $50/month required subscription (12 month commitment required). you could spend less for a year of gym membership and a couple hours a month with a live personal trainer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah but you don't get it. america was basically founded on get-quick-rich schemes and doing as little as possible, and it's reflected in every single aspect of american culture and economics.

this is basically 'well'm fat n weak and don't want ot be but im too lazy and want external things to fix it quickly, so i know, what if i buy this cool new technology? technology is great and that will solve it! just nobody else has caught on and are stuck doing worthless olde ways". pretty much everything weight and training is just worthless poo poo from isometric excercises, slim fasts, bow flexes, abflexes, shakeweights, explosion of poo poo like fitbits and whatever as well. it's a grand ol' scammy free for all.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Xaris posted:

yeah but you don't get it. america was basically founded on get-quick-rich schemes and doing as little as possible, and it's reflected in every single aspect of american culture and economics.

this is basically 'well'm fat n weak and don't want ot be but im too lazy and want external things to fix it quickly, so i know, what if i buy this cool new technology? technology is great and that will solve it! just nobody else has caught on and are stuck doing worthless olde ways". pretty much everything weight and training is just worthless poo poo from isometric excercises, slim fasts, bow flexes, abflexes, shakeweights, explosion of poo poo like fitbits and whatever as well. it's a grand ol' scammy free for all.

woops! you're accidentally describing things as "american" when you meant to say "the whole western world"

please avoid making this american exceptionalism mistake again. it's republican thinking

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Canada never has these get rich quick schemes. Neither does the UK or Australia. No sir.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Canada never has these get rich quick schemes. Neither does the UK or Australia. No sir.

In the usa a bunch of the biggest get rich quick guys are now cabinet members.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

In the usa a bunch of the biggest get rich quick guys are now cabinet members.

What do you think the Tories have for leaders

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
america is and always will be england jr

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

fishmech posted:

What do you think the Tories have for leaders

Pedophiles.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I know a couple of people who recently moved to Firefox because of Chrome being lovely so this addon fuckup is gonna be pretty annoying.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the scifi channel presents Lexx

brought to you by

President Beep posted:

richard “bowflex” kayanka

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it costs $3k + $500 for accessories + $50/month required subscription (12 month commitment required). you could spend less for a year of gym membership and a couple hours a month with a live personal trainer

a year of membership? i could get almost 10 years at the local Y for that kind of money. my full home gym (rack, barbell, dumbells, air bike, etc.) cost less than all of that lmao

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

yeah the only potential selling point they have for this is "no subscription fees" so that is a tremendous fuckup

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

BMan posted:

buttcoins broke my brain, all I can think of when I see that url is luke-jr and "bitcoin-bong"

lifting weight but only in tonal amounts. getting mad at the gym because they have no weights that weight bong pounds.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
benching 420 bongs for reps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
deep lung workout

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
in which @jack goes full general ripper

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1124454192163123200

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

What in the heck is that sample image?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's straight up the header image from the boingboing article, and hell if i know, it's unaccredited so i don't even know who you'd ask

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

this is the real reason to deny mercy and guillotine the wealthy: their wealth alienated them so much they become insane crunchy granola Marin county antivaxxers that don’t even truly believe any of it and will drop it all in blink of an eye if things get serious

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

I think if we were all as relaxed as a couple billion would make us and tweaking on research chemicals we'd all be able feel KISS FM too.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
weird bowflex but ok

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lancemantis posted:

this is the real reason to deny mercy and guillotine the wealthy: their wealth alienated them so much they become insane crunchy granola Marin county antivaxxers that don’t even truly believe any of it and will drop it all in blink of an eye if things get serious

They're still pushing it now though, and that's the big issue. gently caress them.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
All the signposts in Menlo Park have on their backs literal advertisements for infowars.com that someone stuck on them ranting about radiation and wifi

Makes me wonder who did it and if they're working at a certain tech major

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

incels interlinked posted:

weird bowflex but ok

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fishmech posted:

woops! you're accidentally describing things as "american" when you meant to say "the whole western world"

please avoid making this american exceptionalism mistake again. it's republican thinking

i don't disagree with that, just america is very much the distilled essense of it from its very creation and thrives in every vein of it's existance. but yes, you are correct it's also the anglosaxon western world.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Xaris posted:

i don't disagree with that, just america is very much the distilled essense of it from its very creation and thrives in every vein of it's existance. but yes, you are correct it's also the anglosaxon western world.

woops! you're buying into republican propaganda again.

its not even anglo limited lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I mean, which cultures are you trying to stan here by describing this as western, even? One of the few anthropological constants is that we’re the loving worst.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, which cultures are you trying to stan here by describing this as western, even? One of the few anthropological constants is that we’re the loving worst.

the only real anthropological constant is that people are the worst form of life on earth.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Schadenboner posted:

is this similar to your anthropological constant of astrology

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I wish jack would go into an EMF-free zone forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BMan posted: