Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i just divided the mass of sodium by the mass of chlorine instead of by the total mass. i have indeed forgotten high school chemistry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Minecraft Holmes posted:

They're like 70 electoral votes away from what they need, but I think colorado or new mexico hopped on recently
weren't the states signing on for that just the states that already went blue/along with the popular vote anyway?

that's a perfect troll and I won't believe otherwise, dude is totally getting away with "What if Zelda was a girl?" material

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Powershift posted:

Hot drat. In what world is 2480mg of salt 41% of a daily intake.

It's the world's first sandwich designed for trans women, they just put the wrong flag on.

(a common medication makes you crave salt.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

T-man posted:

It's the world's first sandwich designed for trans women, they just put the wrong flag on.

(a common medication makes you crave salt.)

There's enough salt on the internet to satisfy those cravings.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

well, gently caress. that's my neighborhood grocery store. now i knoq

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Coolness Averted posted:

weren't the states signing on for that just the states that already went blue/along with the popular vote anyway?

that's a perfect troll and I won't believe otherwise, dude is totally getting away with "What if Zelda was a girl?" material

He's friends with Ben Schwartz (Jean-Ralphio/voice of Sonic) so I like to think he's just trying to stick up for his friend.

Movie doesn't deserve it though.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Unions are bad for not only us but also our customers and employees.

No, we can't tell you why, just trust us okaaayyy?!?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

They're bad for our employees because we're going to fire them all and replace them with scabs

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Outrail posted:

If you were smart enough to handle a labor union you wouldn't need to bag groceries, plebe :smuggo:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

When did literally everyone become an "associate" instead of "employee" by the way, that seems like a recent thing but I'm not really sure. It feels like some kind of sneaky implied PR hedge, to paint a picture of "oh they're not an employee of us they're an associate of ours"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
also all of the uniforms have become black now

its very star wars empire-ish

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shame Boy posted:

When did literally everyone become an "associate" instead of "employee" by the way, that seems like a recent thing but I'm not really sure. It feels like some kind of sneaky implied PR hedge, to paint a picture of "oh they're not an employee of us they're an associate of ours"

What’s worse...being an associate or being a team member?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shame Boy posted:

yet another way of attempting to mask the fundamentally exploitative and extractive relationship of employment under capitalism. makes it sound more horizontal

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Shame Boy posted:

my first retail job in the early 2000s I was an "associate" :shrug:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

i used to think "sandwich artist" was the worst job title but at least it doesn't imply you're any more than just a disposable cog like "associate" does.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

megalodong posted:

i used to think "sandwich artist" was the worst job title but at least it doesn't imply you're any more than just a disposable cog like "associate" does.

I was once a "popcorn professional" before being promoted to "production manager" which was literally the same job with no extra benefits or wages. Officially I managed the production of the popcorn but in reality I didn't get to come up with new flavors, order stock, or even decide what got made for the day. I didn't manage anyone else it was only me in the kitchen.

gently caress that place

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

I'm the outside interference that is our internal staff joining together to form a union.

I wonder how they feel about independent states in America getting along just fine but then deciding to form a union :smug:

"We at Hannaforde do believe that our State can beft perfome Independently and that nothinge can be served by forming a Union with outfide Interference."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Weatherman posted:

I'm the outside interference that is our internal staff joining together to form a union.

I wonder how they feel about independent states in America getting along just fine but then deciding to form a union :smug:

"We at Hannaforde do believe that our State can beft perfome Independently and that nothinge can be served by forming a Union with outfide Interference."

Oh, I'll bet the Hannaford execs are all about states' rights.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

How did they get that much salt into a sandwich? This thing has as much sodium as half a loving ramen bowl.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ebola Roulette posted:

How did they get that much salt into a sandwich? This thing has as much sodium as half a loving ramen bowl.

But not as much as a quesarito https://fastfoodnutrition.org/taco-bell/quesarito/steak

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Ebola Roulette posted:

I saw one yesterday with 3200mg

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Wrex Ruckus posted:

my first retail job in the early 2000s I was an "associate" :shrug:

Yeah I've seen it used for a while but nowadays it seems like it's used for everything, even jobs outside of retail, like it's the new default.

Hell I've had other companies our company sells to address me as an "associate" even though my company doesn't do that (we're just employees for now anyway)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

What’s worse...being an associate or being a team member?

Oh hell I forgot about "team member". Also I live near Disney World so a few people at my current office have "Disney Cast Member" on their resumes.

Oh they're cast members are they, Disney? So they're all members of, like, SAG I assume?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

Oh hell I forgot about "team member". Also I live near Disney World so a few people at my current office have "Disney Cast Member" on their resumes.

Oh they're cast members are they, Disney? So they're all members of, like, SAG I assume?

Like a subway sandwich artist, so you can charge them for the "art supplies" they use.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

hannaford is largely a new england chain. im not sure if there is an active push to organize or the mamagment saw the stop and shop strike here currently and market basket before it and are just resisting preemptively

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

megalodong posted:

when I worked at a subway the boss thought it was hilarious to call us piss artists

this is slightly less unpleasant in british english but is still undignified

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

when I worked at a subway the boss thought it was hilarious to call us piss artists

this is slightly less unpleasant in british english but is still undignified

I mean back when I lived someplace where it snowed heavily I was quite a master of the art of the piss myself I guess

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

I was once a "popcorn professional" before being promoted to "production manager" which was literally the same job with no extra benefits or wages. Officially I managed the production of the popcorn but in reality I didn't get to come up with new flavors, order stock, or even decide what got made for the day. I didn't manage anyone else it was only me in the kitchen.

gently caress that place
At one of my old jobs people in upper management/HR had it in their head that simply having the word manager in your title made you salary exempt. So they went around switching everyone to salary exempt and adding "manager" to their title. The call center was filled with "Customer Experience Managers". The re-titling/statusing didn't last long, so I assume someone finally told them how loving wrong that was. They did start doing some project where teams were being reorganized in long chains of direct reports instead of normal teams, probably to try to find another way to loophole the same rules, but I left before that really got going.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Can confirm we are associates at Amazon.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

http://m.hani.co.kr/arti/society/society_general/892605.html

i am too drunk to translate anything rn but lol at basically calquing one of those 'millenials are lazy' articles into korean

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If you're a sandwich artist all your bread, spreads and fillings are tax deductible under 'training and work related expenses' :v:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I used to live near a courier business and all the cars noted that they were all independent contractors because of course in this hell world you can just violate labor law forever without consequences

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

lancemantis posted:

I used to live near a courier business and all the cars noted that they were all independent contractors because of course in this hell world you can just violate labor law forever without consequences

Amazon's been doing this too with having some random people just drive packages to people's houses instead of having USPS or UPS do it. Something like 20k packages a day through our facility are just going straight to someone's car so they can last-mile it for cheaper than the postal service would.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Outrail posted:

If you're a sandwich artist all your bread, spreads and fillings are tax deductible under 'training and work related expenses' :v:

talk about starving for your art

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Amazon's been doing this too with having some random people just drive packages to people's houses instead of having USPS or UPS do it. Something like 20k packages a day through our facility are just going straight to someone's car so they can last-mile it for cheaper than the postal service would.

I can always tell when amazon does this because unlike the actual delivery trucks they can't get through the front gate of my lovely apartment complex so they give up and the package is mysteriously lost for like two weeks while it floats around in amazon limbo and then shows up right as I figure it's never going to arrive

A couple of times I wound up getting two copies of the thing I ordered on different days, without even complaining or anything, so I assume amazon can't even track the loving things right either and figured it was lost in transit and automatically sent another one, then the first one turned up somehow

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool that now when an actor is trending, Netflix can find any movies they played a small role in and update the cover art to make it look like they're the star.

Pre-internet that kind of trickery took a lot of work.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Shame Boy posted:

I can always tell when amazon does this because unlike the actual delivery trucks they can't get through the front gate of my lovely apartment complex so they give up and the package is mysteriously lost for like two weeks while it floats around in amazon limbo and then shows up right as I figure it's never going to arrive

A couple of times I wound up getting two copies of the thing I ordered on different days, without even complaining or anything, so I assume amazon can't even track the loving things right either and figured it was lost in transit and automatically sent another one, then the first one turned up somehow

You can also tell because it'll have a different label on the package, as well. It loving sucks those assholes don't know package etiquette and just leave it in the wide open instead of putting it behind something.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I had an Amazon courier bring me a package once and it was certainly a thing. Just this guy in a beat up car full of Amazon boxes showed up at work and went "hey is Josh here" to the first person he saw which was just some random dude buying cigarettes.

That was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Len posted:

I had an Amazon courier bring me a package once and it was certainly a thing. Just this guy in a beat up car full of Amazon boxes showed up at work and went "hey is Josh here" to the first person he saw which was just some random dude buying cigarettes.

That was a thing.

Still is, and not just Amazon. My Adderall prescription from medimpact direct was delivered on a Saturday by a plainclothes courier.