Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

That was part of it but then the bigly tough man alpha leader man saw on the television that North Korea fired a rocket and it gave him the bad feels.

The mirror scene in Taxi Driver but he's all "they lied to me?" instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The depressing part is that Biden's poll numbers are close to 40% of dem primary voters now, with Bernie dropping to 16%. :sigh:

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
As a lot of people have already pointed out, Lieberman had similar poll numbers this far out in '04, as did Giuliani in '08. They're meaningless measures of "do you have a favorable view of x candidate," not, "holy poo poo, you think WHO is going to be president?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Torrannor posted:

The depressing part is that Biden's poll numbers are close to 40% of dem primary voters now, with Bernie dropping to 16%. :sigh:

Those polls are almost exclusively people over age 45.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Those polls are almost exclusively people over age 45.

So who Biden means by young people

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Literally any poll before the debates are going to be noise. One of the good things the DNC changed from the last roll-around is that there's going to be more debates (12) and the debates will be earlier (First one is June 26th), which should help to winnow the primary field by a decent amount (and provide the other candidates plenty of opportunities to dunk on Biden and/or for Biden to dunk on himself) before the first primary ballot is cast.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lmao if biden gets trumps approval but not Obamas. I bet trump does a dumbass tweet along those lines at some point

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
A lot has changed in 4 years. In 2016, Biden would've won. Bernie would have, too, but that's' besides the point. Today, Biden is a toxic candidate, not only because of his past opinions and votes, but because he is stuck in the same old decorum-above-all, bipartisanship-above-all, the-answer-is-always-in-the-middle bullshit type of thinking. He's far too removed from any hardship these days - he's made it. He achieved the American dream. One of the few who do. He may have come from very poor roots, but that was a long loving time ago, and he has no clue what the average person goes through every god drat day just to make ends meet. He thinks he's a champion for the middle class, but he derides our struggle and has no sympathy for us because hey, you might be $30k-$100k in student loan debt and god knows how much in CC debt, and you'll probably never afford a house and if you will, it'll be at least a decade from now, but hey, at least you have an iPhone and a car and other materialistic poo poo to distract you from the creeping ever-present feeling that something is seriously wrong in this country.

In short, shut the gently caress up Joe, go home. You would've been remembered as a decent VP. Now you'll be remembered for what you are - a center-right rear end in a top hat masquerading as a Democrat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh1JZVjKUAo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Current event: There's a lot of great surf rock on bandcamp and while this sounds nothing like them, it scratches the same itch for me as perennial GiP favorites Carpenter Brut.

https://thejagaloons.bandcamp.com/album/ruin-the-party

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

A lot has changed in 4 years. In 2016, Biden would've won. Bernie would have, too, but that's' besides the point. Today, Biden is a toxic candidate, not only because of his past opinions and votes, but because he is stuck in the same old decorum-above-all, bipartisanship-above-all, the-answer-is-always-in-the-middle bullshit type of thinking. He's far too removed from any hardship these days - he's made it. He achieved the American dream. One of the few who do. He may have come from very poor roots, but that was a long loving time ago, and he has no clue what the average person goes through every god drat day just to make ends meet. He thinks he's a champion for the middle class, but he derides our struggle and has no sympathy for us because hey, you might be $30k-$100k in student loan debt and god knows how much in CC debt, and you'll probably never afford a house and if you will, it'll be at least a decade from now, but hey, at least you have an iPhone and a car and other materialistic poo poo to distract you from the creeping ever-present feeling that something is seriously wrong in this country.

In short, shut the gently caress up Joe, go home. You would've been remembered as a decent VP. Now you'll be remembered for what you are - a center-right rear end in a top hat masquerading as a Democrat.

Well there’s this but there’s also the return to decency (and a time before Trump) narrative that completely falls flat when the GOP is literally the party of pizzagate, QAnon, and Alex Jones, which had Biden run in 2016 could and have been deflated but instead was allowed to fester with Trump there now. Those centrist Democrats arguing for Biden don’t recognize how deep this goes, much like their trivial understanding of cyber security or erosion of privacy.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Literally any poll before the debates are going to be noise. One of the good things the DNC changed from the last roll-around is that there's going to be more debates (12) and the debates will be earlier (First one is June 26th), which should help to winnow the primary field by a decent amount (and provide the other candidates plenty of opportunities to dunk on Biden and/or for Biden to dunk on himself) before the first primary ballot is cast.

Do any of the polled candidates not qualify for the debates?

I imagine you'll have a bunch of the nobodies like Bennett bailing out if they can't even make it to a debate.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

New Zealand is like the Shire.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

New Zealand is like the Shire.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

and you know what the Shire did when the ultra-rich sorcerer brought his boys in? :getin:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

and you know what the Shire did when the ultra-rich sorcerer brought his boys in? :getin:

I believe it was scoured

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Rolled over meekly until their only soldiers got back from deployment?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

FAUXTON posted:

Do any of the polled candidates not qualify for the debates?

I imagine you'll have a bunch of the nobodies like Bennett bailing out if they can't even make it to a debate.

According to this, the currently qualified Democratic candidates are Biden, Booker, Buttigieg, Castro, Delaney, Gillibrand, Harris, Hickenlooper, Inslee, Klobuchar, O'Rourke, Ryan, Sanders, Swalwell, Warren, and Yang. Getting a debate spot requires a candidate to either have 65K individual donations or to get above whole numbers (Above 1%) in at least three qualified polls, which currently disqualifies Williamson, Messam, Moulton, and Gravel.

As for how the debates themselves will be conducted, it looks like they'll actually have two debates on back-to-back nights, with up to 20 candidates getting randomly sorted into one of the two. This will undoubtedly go poorly if/when certain big-ticket candidates aren't sorted together—I am certain, for instance, that Bernie supporters will cry foul (With justification) if Biden appears on the first night and Bernie the second.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Happily took Peter Thiel’s money?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

If it’s playing anywhere near you go see the documentary Hail Satan?

If you’re in the DC area it’s on at AFI in silver spring.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Personally I'd be more upset if Bernie and Warren are together on the same night, since it would put them against each other while leaving one night free from having anyone remotely to the left on stage.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lol. 5 minutes in.

"New Zealand starts to fill up with smart, clever people."

Camera shifts to a shot of Ayn Rands the Fountainhead.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

:smith:

Pets Presumed Dead in Boeing 737 That Bounced off Runway in Florida

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/boeing-jet-crash-river-jacksonville-florida.html

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Someone in my Gold Star Facebook group put together a spreadsheet of all the Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored HR 553. Instead of listing names, I'm going to list Congressional Districts.

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

Alabama: 4th, 6th
Arizona: 5th, 6th, 9th
California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
Connecticut: 1st, 5th
Florida: 3rd, 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th
Georgia: 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th
Idaho: 1st
Illinois: 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 18th
Indiana: 1st, 6th, 9th
Kansas: 3rd, 4th
Kentucky: 4th, 5th
Louisiana: 1st, 3rd, 6th
Maine: 2nd
Maryland: 1st, 5th, 6th
Massachusetts: 1st, 3rd, 7th, 9th
Michigan: 3rd, 13th, 14th
Minnesota: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th
Mississippi: 2nd, 3rd
Missouri: 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th
Nebraska: 1st, 3rd
New Hampshire: 2nd
New Jersey: 9th
New Mexico: 2nd, 3rd
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th
North Carolina: 1st, 5th, 6th, 10th
Ohio: 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, 16th
Oklahoma: 3rd, 5th
Oregon: 3rd
Pennsylvania: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, 18th
South Carolina: 1st, 6th, 7th
South Dakota: You only have the one
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th
Virginia: 4th
Washington: 7th, 8th, 9th
Wisconsin: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I already asked Jackie Speier and she hasn't given me an answer.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Do you have the boilerplate email template you were sending out earlier?

I can hit up Foster again in IL 11

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

EDIT - ok, wrong district, but c'mon VA-4, literally everyone else in the state has signed on

LeadSled fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 5, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Jake Wohl finally gonna get lucky and hit paydirt if Biden runs, I just know it. He's got a long and confirmed history of super creepy behavior and while the GOP base doesn't give a flying gently caress about any of Trump's illegal poo poo, it'll (understandably) cause liberal and left leaning voters to get cold feet when it comes polltime. The media will conveniently ignore the source when it comes time to report on it.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Great, so Dean Phillips is pussying out on this as well.

Better call his office on Monday.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McNally posted:

Someone in my Gold Star Facebook group put together a spreadsheet of all the Congressfuckers who haven't cosponsored HR 553. Instead of listing names, I'm going to list Congressional Districts.

If you live in one of the following districts, please ask your Congressfucker why they're a lovely loving human being.

California: 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 30th, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 38th, 43rd, 45th, 46th, 47th, 50th
New York: 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 27th
Texas: 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 27th, 29th, 30th, 35th, 36th

If you're in Lincoln NE call that fucker Fartenberry and tell him lil' donny bacon is already on it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Syrian Lannister posted:

Do you have the boilerplate email template you were sending out earlier?

I can hit up Foster again in IL 11

MOAA has one, let me dig it up. It's probably way better than my "hey fucker, fix this poo poo or I'll put together an angry mob to pull down your house the way the Founding Fathers intended" style of letter writing.

http://takeaction.moaa.org/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=495393

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

MOAA has one, let me dig it up. It's probably way better than my "hey fucker, fix this poo poo or I'll put together an angry mob to pull down your house the way the Founding Fathers intended" style of letter writing.

http://takeaction.moaa.org/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=495393

What's wrong with that? Simple, direct, effective!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Was there any context to that stupid Biden line?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Gonna lol if the source is Onion Biden

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McNally posted:

Good to see Colorado is all on board for this. My work here is done.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Dum Cumpster posted:

Was there any context to that stupid Biden line?

My understanding is that the context was that Millennials are shiftless whiners who need to go out and create the social changes they're complaining about to an elected official who can make social changes and that he had it tougher than they did because he lived during Vietnam.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

McNally posted:

I pinged my Congresswoman (NYC's AOC, of whom I expected better), but this is one of those things where I can't reasonably see why a representative would be against it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
To be clear, if they haven't cosponsored it could be because they don't know about the issue and/or the bill (which is why I've been pushing a lot for awareness).

However, if they ARE aware and they're not cosponsoring, then they need their house pulled down by an angry mob

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

McNally posted:

My understanding is that the context was that Millennials are shiftless whiners who need to go out and create the social changes they're complaining about to an elected official who can make social changes and that he had it tougher than they did because he lived during Vietnam.

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN!

YOU DIDIN'T HAVE TO WATCH WALTHER CRONKITE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

BigDave posted:

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN!

YOU DIDIN'T HAVE TO WATCH WALTHER CRONKITE!!

:smugbert: Our forever war is going to run longer than Vietnam. Quitters.