Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

you can get cookies if you want them

Gotta pay for 'em tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cookie dom

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Gotta pay for 'em tho

you dont ~gotta~ pay for them. :robble:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Gotta pay for 'em tho

Let me tell you about baking my dude.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Flour and sugar are free with a big enough gun

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Free cookies from Mom > Home Baked Cookies by you > Store bought Cookies

It's been proven by Science!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I think store bought cookies are better than anything I'll ever make.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Cappy posted:

I think store bought cookies are better than anything I'll ever make.

Particularly if they're from an actual bakery.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebDoaiJyK-c

nobody told me the original eat-man has one of the best openings in anime history

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/empe0317/status/1124828271462338560

Nero as Build is an amazing fit

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/hamukukka/status/1124828534168383488

https://twitter.com/hamukukka/status/1098842632287993856

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I want cookie

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

I want cookie

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

day I got cookie

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

@me pictures of nero, thanks

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

N-no! That's not who I meant!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/54t5c7.mp4

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Cappy posted:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
holy poo poo lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

*in cookie monster voice*
cookie! om dom dom dom

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

post the realistic Nero now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

Nope, sorry.
:same:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

That's a picture of Quattro Bajeena, though...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

That's a picture of Quattro Bajeena, though...

Comparing FFXIV Nero to Quattro actually makes a lot sense god drat

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Today I learned Nero was a neckbeard.

Life will never be the same.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebDoaiJyK-c

nobody told me the original eat-man has one of the best openings in anime history

The op have 3 seconds of animation is extremely consistent

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wark Say posted:

Nope, sorry.
  • Slayers is still fun.
  • Magic Knight Rayearth is still probably my favorite Clamp thing ever.
I watched all four last year and still thoroughly dig them, warts and all. Also Samurai Champloo--

:hellyeah:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

I love this fluffy mage

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Okay I caught up to where the Monday simulwatch is on Hugtto, so whats the next best series if I feel like watching more Precure in the meantime? Thanks.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

Okay I caught up to where the Monday simulwatch is on Hugtto, so whats the next best series if I feel like watching more Precure in the meantime? Thanks.

Go Princess Precure is my usual go to choice of the more recent precure as Haruka is probably the best Pink

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Go Princess Precure is my usual go to choice of the more recent precure as Haruka is probably the best Pink

drat, I thought Hana and Emiru were pretty great, but there's a better pink out there? I'll check it out.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 5, 2019

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Slayers is still fun.

I loved Slayers and made the mistake of trying to watch it again and learned that it's better to just leave things that I'm nostalgic about alone and not spoil the memory.

IMO it's more about how your tastes can drastically change from when you were younger, and sometimes that means that you liked some stuff that actually sucks and sometimes it just means that what you liked at 15 or 25 isn't going to float your boat a decade later but that feeling of not enjoying something you used to really like sucks a lot and I don't recommend chasing it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I started watching Utena and Anthy's surprise snail box is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9cbl_huK9c&t=44s

Everything Burrito posted:

I loved Slayers and made the mistake of trying to watch it again and learned that it's better to just leave things that I'm nostalgic about alone and not spoil the memory.
i watched slayers recently and still somewhat enjoyed it, its definitely pretty formulaic and a lot of the jokes dont land but a lot of them do, and it finds its groove a bit more characterwise as it goes on. kinda frontloads a lot of the worst jokes.

Captain Cappy posted:

heartcatch has a really great artstyle and pretty good humor/action but some people are mixed on how comparatively dark the plot gets (its not like, actually edgy or anything but its pretty sad and beats one of the girls down a fair bit), but that might be up your alley if you want something that feels a bit like it actually has stakes? gopri is solid all around. fresh has the best rival girl in the series but is kinda ugly sometimes and has a pretty boring first few eps until the rival is introduced. its mascot is a 30 year old bachelor ferret who just sits around eating donuts, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

IMO it's more about how your tastes can drastically change from when you were younger, and sometimes that means that you liked some stuff that actually sucks and sometimes it just means that what you liked at 15 or 25 isn't going to float your boat a decade later but that feeling of not enjoying something you used to really like sucks a lot and I don't recommend chasing it.
Oh, most definitely. When the show popped up in the thread for "Shows that also have Slayer on the name", I was sorta curious because I grew up loving Slayers, but I was expecting the show to not do anything for me anymore after not following it for close to... what, like 15 years? So I was kinda surprised when it was mostly alright. But again, it comes down to a matter of opinion.

It's similar to Boogiepop. I've had the first novel (Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh / Boogiepop and Others) with me for over 16 years now and it's kind of a big deal as one of the factors for a life choice I still have with me to this day... but the newest anime did absolutely squat for me, especially the arc that covers the first book.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah reading boogiepop encourged me to start smoking type s too

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Sindai posted:

I started watching Utena and Anthy's surprise snail box is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I think my favourite part about that whole sequence is the way it becomes increasingly obvious that Nanami's plan wouldn't work even if it went as she intended, and yet she just keeps going with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

yeah reading boogiepop encourged me to start smoking type s too
Thank you for this. :mmmhmm: