Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Sup guys, I'm just now dipping my toes into the game and it looks pretty intimidating from where I'm standing. Started out as a Mag and I don't know if the op is up to date so I'm just gonna ask here if there's any tips I should follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Join the gooooonn claaannn and when you get confused say something in clan chat and people will help. Also ask for the mod starter pack

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

iirc the more prominent grineer are older ones that don't have as much hosed up stuff in their genes melting down so it's mostly a difference based on waves of cloning

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Aren’t women higher ranked by default, too?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so, how do the named grineer get into positions of authority? are they regular grineer who performed well, or were they grown in a vat specifically to fill those roles?

There seems to be an aristocracy of older/better made clones that have the favour of the Queens and run much of the non-military side of the Grineer Empire, judging from the flavour text of one of the Rathuum weirdos and Vey Hek's backstory.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

hup posted:

Aren’t women higher ranked by default, too?

I don't think so, with the exception of the Queens. I'm pretty sure Kela is the only other major lady Grineer and she's mostly off doing her own thing. Vay Hek specifically is said to have effectively backstabbed and murdered his way to the top, while the rest are older ones who have gotten some kind of special skills like Tyl Regor's research into better cloning techniques.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Huh. I could swear I remember reading for troops, at least, women always occupy higher ranks (heavy gunners, for instance)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hup posted:

Huh. I could swear I remember reading for troops, at least, women always occupy higher ranks (heavy gunners, for instance)

Yeah they are explicitly a matriarchy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also a bit of a fun lore detail is that the dual weapons for the grineer are called the 'twin ____' for a very obvious reason

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
My friend forgot his Warframe account password, tried a few too many times, and got his account locked. He got it unlocked by visiting support, but he can't do a lot of things - he can't trade, I can't gift him anything, etc. Support asked him for proof of purchase for a few things and some other poo poo, he complied and it's been like... a few weeks now. Who does he bitch at to get his account fixed so I can get him a dumb in-game birthday gift?

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Epsilon Plus posted:

My friend forgot his Warframe account password, tried a few too many times, and got his account locked. He got it unlocked by visiting support, but he can't do a lot of things - he can't trade, I can't gift him anything, etc. Support asked him for proof of purchase for a few things and some other poo poo, he complied and it's been like... a few weeks now. Who does he bitch at to get his account fixed so I can get him a dumb in-game birthday gift?

Usually trading is restricted for accounts that aren't MR2 yet. Really strange it would be like that for a recovered account. Yell at their support and their Twitter/Reddit if you can be arsed, hopefully it helps.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also remember it's a weekend.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ritznit posted:

Usually trading is restricted for accounts that aren't MR2 yet. Really strange it would be like that for a recovered account. Yell at their support and their Twitter/Reddit if you can be arsed, hopefully it helps.

He can't trade, can't receive gifts, I don't think he can even post on the forums. It's been like this for a month, he definitely needs to yell at them again.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
So Adaptation finally dropped and it pushed me to get off my rear end and finally (nearly) max out my Umbral mods. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to build Nidus with those in mind? I'm not sure if I want lots of range, or duration, or whatever really. But I'd really like to be an unstoppable slime-boy.

Also pulled Mesa Prime out of the oven and oof, that frame is gorgeous.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Rainuwastaken posted:

So Adaptation finally dropped and it pushed me to get off my rear end and finally (nearly) max out my Umbral mods. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to build Nidus with those in mind? I'm not sure if I want lots of range, or duration, or whatever really. But I'd really like to be an unstoppable slime-boy.

Also pulled Mesa Prime out of the oven and oof, that frame is gorgeous.

So I had an interesting discussion the other day with someone on Discord (might've been Cathair?) about whether or not to use Adaptation on Nidus; he wanted it specifically for doing high-level (90+) content in Fortuna, because of all the enemies there that can break or disrupt your Parasitic Link, plus the incredible amount of damage that endgame Corpus enemies do in general.

I personally felt like it was overkill, and upon testing found that for most content Adaptation makes Nidus take so little damage that Rage / Hunter Adrenaline barely work any more, but if you want to be absolutely unkillable, here is the build I would use: https://tennoware.com/warframes/nidus/12012173230d305d605c610w805r103y810n405p810a210y910b403b303

Note that you can accomplish the same thing without an Umbral Forma by polarizing the Exilus slot instead, but this limits your flexibility quite a bit, and Nidus is a very good candidate for u-forma. It's up to you in the long run.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 5, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Someone wanted to see my red-crit Paracesis, forma'ed to hell and back for laughs, more than anything else (Yes, I used an umbra forma)

We were doing a survival in the void, Axi-level stuff, and by 30 minutes I was still doing 7 to 10k damage consistently on a bad crit, upwards of 30 to 300k on better rolls.

I have it built so that it simply ramps as much into Crit Chance as possible, thanks to a (non-maxed :endowoes:) Blood Rush, and maxed Gladiators set. The Gladiators adds 90% crit chance, +135% crit chance from Blood Rush, multiplied by your combo. You don't even need the 1.5x to start hitting reds, but simply getting your x5 hits is easy enough and ramps up quickly.

I use cleaving whirlwind over Tempo Royale mainly because I like the spin-to-win combo it has with two light attacks, pause, then attack to spin. Its easy enough to perform a sliding attack, so I don't care for TR's initial 2 swings that cover the same arc.

I used it with Wukong, who carries the rest of the Gladiators set not seen in the screenshot (3 pieces)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nothing kills my desire to play this game like The Wolf. What an aggressively un-fun boss.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
By the by, anyone got a paracesis riven they don't want? :grin:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Epsilon Plus posted:

He can't trade, can't receive gifts, I don't think he can even post on the forums. It's been like this for a month, he definitely needs to yell at them again.

He's tradebanned, so yes he needs to yell at them again. They usually auto trade ban people that leave the game in case their account gets hacked, just hope it won't take 2-3 months like in my case.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i can't tell if that paracesis post is a troll or not

like it seems horrible but sincere up until "I use it on Wukong"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Only the best melee weapon for the best warframe in the game

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Pylons posted:

Nothing kills my desire to play this game like The Wolf. What an aggressively un-fun boss.

Wolf isn't that bad if people are using their non-MR guns and corpro... which means wolf isn't that bad except in every situation he appears in.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i can't tell if that paracesis post is a troll or not

like it seems horrible but sincere up until "I use it on Wukong"

i'm mainly only confused as to why an umbral forma would be used on it because the thing is swamped with points as it is and can comfortably fit the umbral mods + a riven along with everything else

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm mainly only confused as to why an umbral forma would be used on it because the thing is swamped with points as it is and can comfortably fit the umbral mods + a riven along with everything else

Look sometimes you have a fever dream after drinking 3 litres of red bull in two hours and your spirit guide tells you to slam that umbra forma into your paracesis

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So I had an interesting discussion the other day with someone on Discord (might've been Cathair?) about whether or not to use Adaptation on Nidus; he wanted it specifically for doing high-level (90+) content in Fortuna, because of all the enemies there that can break or disrupt your Parasitic Link, plus the incredible amount of damage that endgame Corpus enemies do in general.

I personally felt like it was overkill, and upon testing found that for most content Adaptation makes Nidus take so little damage that Rage / Hunter Adrenaline barely work any more, but if you want to be absolutely unkillable, here is the build I would use: https://tennoware.com/warframes/nidus/12012173230d305d605c610w805r103y810n405p810a210y910b403b303

Note that you can accomplish the same thing without an Umbral Forma by polarizing the Exilus slot instead, but this limits your flexibility quite a bit, and Nidus is a very good candidate for u-forma. It's up to you in the long run.

I always forget Parasitic Link even exists, so I guess I don't even need adaptation. What would you put in its place?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
using an umbral forma for a dumb joke and using one for a super tryhard chroma build are equally valid.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

I always forget Parasitic Link even exists, so I guess I don't even need adaptation. What would you put in its place?

Teeming Virulence

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Either the third Umbral mod, Teeming Virulence, or Augur Reach. Depends on what you find useful.

Teeming Virulence is really strong but it doesn't reach its full potential until you maximize ability strength, and that takes a different build altogether. It's also kind of a pain in the rear end to keep it going unless you also build for duration, which changes the build even more, and makes Larva harder to use.

Triple Umbral mods give you a lot of survivability with some ability strength as a bonus, which is helpful (it makes ally link a stronger buff and makes your stomps hit harder) but somewhat marginal -- neither of those things are the main reason to play a tanky Nidus, they're just nice perks that I happen to enjoy. (This is the one I use.)

Augur Reach makes Nidus even better at his #1 function of disabling enemies and pulling them together so you can CC them, drag them into range of other players' effects that depend on having enemies to kill, and build stacks to make yourself immortal, but does zero for your survivability apart from that.

e: another possible flex slot is Primed Flow, but once I started using it I never wanted to go back

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 5, 2019

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I played about 3 years ago on PS4, quite a bit. I had all kinds of cool frames and I really only play games on PC now, so it's been a hard pill to swallow, starting over. I pretty much forget everything except I had some cool Prime versions of frames that took me forever to build, something about potatoes, and dog eggs.

I applied to the goon clan via the link in the OP.

My ship seems bigger now, too

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
You just need a cat and one decent weapon to deal with the Wolf. I used to use a pimped out Imperator Vandal, but now I'm using the Paracesis.

Since Alad's latest brilliant idea the Wolf counts as a sentient, and the Paracesis gets a bonus vs sentients. The Sacrificial mod set also gives a bonus vs sentients.

The Wolf is immune to status and bleed, so just build for rad damage and a shitload of crit and attack speed. Bring a cat with sharpened claws to strip his armor.

If your Warframe can't tank him, keep squad health restores hot-keyed and drop a dozen of them at your feet while you fight.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
An umbral korrudo build is also real nice against him.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Pylons posted:

My least favorite thing about him is his invincible fugitive buddies you can't do anything about. I have no idea why they don't just let you kill the fugitives (with no nightwave capture bonus) and, if they're really set on crowd control being part of the Wolf fight, give the Wolf a wolfpack howl he can do after a bit to resummon a few more buddies. Having the fugitives be invulnerable is frustrating, unintuitive, and leads to dumb situations like missing a shot because a fugitive ran in the way and oops, fugitives are invincible cover. Not even a difficulty thing as much as a gamefeel thing.

In other news, for fellow new players to the game, I'm going to share the lesson I just learned today: once you hit Neptune (or, with friend taxis, before that), there is never any need to feel low on credits. Run the Index. Run the Index. Why, oh, why did I not run the Index until now. I've wasted my space ninja life.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Avulsion posted:

Since Alad's latest brilliant idea the Wolf counts as a sentient, and the Paracesis gets a bonus vs sentients. The Sacrificial mod set also gives a bonus vs sentients.

Does he actually though? He doesn't seem to have a new Codex entry and the old one still pegged him as Grineer.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Either the third Umbral mod, Teeming Virulence, or Augur Reach. Depends on what you find useful.

Sounds good to me. I might have to give normal Flow a look since I'm thinking of spending my Umbral Forma on Khora, but thanks for all the direction you've given me.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
My roommate and I have been farming Void Sabotages today to try and get the Loki Prime Systems relic. Things we have gotten:

2 Bullet Dances, 2 rare caches with Formas, and an entire Wolf Sledge set.

Things we have not gotten:

Any of the relics at all.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
So youre saying you've been disgustingly lucky

like the sledge set alone is worth more than the loki systems, and you didnt even have to gamble at a 10% chance

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Alright so I joined the clan and finished the first episode with Vor and it's a little overwhelming right now. Any tips about what a newbie should aim for?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Karanas posted:

Alright so I joined the clan and finished the first episode with Vor and it's a little overwhelming right now. Any tips about what a newbie should aim for?

Get to Venus, farm the Jackal for Rhino's parts and build Rhino. That's a solid short term goal. Then just focus on working through the relays and moving through the starchart.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Karanas posted:

Rhino for your warframe, Hek for your primary at MR 4, Atomos for your secondary at MR 5

work on getting your Redirection and Vitality mods to rank 6, and max the damage, multishot and toxin / electric elemental 90% mods for shotguns (the max out at rank 5 and are much cheaper endo-wise than the 10-dot mods)

if you don't have any of those or don't know what they are, ask, older players will have dozens of spares to give away

while you're working on that keep clearing star chart missions and unlocking new planets, if you get stuck please feel free to ask for help, some of the junction missions are annoyingly difficult compared to the content they unlock

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 12:03 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Alright, I'll get on that. Thanks