Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Overbite posted:

So Kris Wolf was a goon at some point

drat she’s really good at quitting while she’s ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kris Wolf is Banjo

completely tracks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Overbite posted:

So Kris Wolf was a goon at some point

https://twitter.com/wolfinjapan/status/859788842563280896

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/cmpuls3/status/1122954195521478656

https://twitter.com/bradcat/status/1124078125346848769

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Watched the whole Cinderalla Tournament and I'm so confused by that guy and his incessant chants. Dressed to the nine's as a full on hasidic jew. W...even...TF? Who does that? How do you go to another country and not even feel a little awkward about sticking out like an idiot begging for attention let alone annoy everyone with your constant yelling? Are you that dense? Either he has some serious mental issues or he's just one of those weird fans who is only there to get himself over. Not sure which but either way, gently caress that guy. Or... should I give him props for being brave with his weird religion and fandom? Enough to spend thousands of dollars to go see shows I wish I could have. I'm so conflicted. He seems like one of those guys you want to punch in the face, until you realize he is genuinely mentally ill.

Anyways, tournament was awesome regardless of the weird annoying sounds from the far corner, mostly off camera. Lots of fun matches. I love Starlight Kid even more after this. Her punking of Hazuki was outstanding and Hazuki is a favorite of mine.

AZM looked good as always. I love her work. She's crisp, quick and has great timing but I feel like her size puts her off her game a little bit against the bigger talents. Of course... Rebel Kel is teeerrrrible so what could you expect out of that? Even against Konami though, it felt like she was getting bulled around a bit.

Momo's loss was a shocker. Same with Hana but she had strong showings.

The draw between Tam and Kagetsu was killer. They were knocking it out of the park and I LOVED the acknowledgment and respect they gave each other afterwards. Great stuff.

VERY happy to see Arisa go over Konami. Anyone who throws beautifully hard kicks and viscous knees as accurately as she does deserves a belt. Her match against Momo is going to be killer. I want her to win so bad but Momo is a strong champion. STARDOM is pretty awesome.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's some weird petty bullshit going on between TJPW and Actwres girl'Z with TJPW always announcing exactly one more person in attendance than AWG do lol.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
TJPW Yes! Wonderland was a fun watch and I can't wait for Thunder Rosa's challenge in a few days. Itoh's new theme and gear are great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

There's some weird petty bullshit going on between TJPW and Actwres girl'Z with TJPW always announcing exactly one more person in attendance than AWG do lol.

That's loving amazing(ly petty), hahaha

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maki Ito wants to wrestle Jun Kasai and Minoru Suzuki.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Maki Ito's death wish is my favorite storyline in wrestling right now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but (TJPW spoiler from last night): Miyu lost her title to Shoko. I wonder how they'll keep Miyu out of the title picture for the time being. Miyu looked pretty sloppy in the match though, to be honest.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Maki Itoh is now my sister, I have adopted her.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet, but (TJPW spoiler from last night): Miyu lost her title to Shoko. I wonder how they'll keep Miyu out of the title picture for the time being. Miyu looked pretty sloppy in the match though, to be honest.

Maybe there are personal or physical issues that she's dealing with currently which would explain the title drop and the sloppiness

Maki is crazy.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Further evidence that Maki Ito and Miyako Matsumoto are the same person before and after a time machine incident

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Like all of us, she wants to know what it's like to be in the middle of the ring when thousands KAZE NI NARE!

Unfortunately she has not thought through that that means you must fight Minoru Suzuki moments later.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno, Minoru's intergender record is kinda iffy IIRC.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

I dunno, Minoru's intergender record is kinda iffy IIRC.

Well yeah, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oS6OpRGXVo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka paid for MiSU to beat the poo poo out of her since all their matches were at her own shows

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

:laffo:

Bea Priestley beat Kagetsu for the World of Stardom

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1124537905077149696
Uhhhh didn't see that one coming

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ishin posted:

Uhhhh didn't see that one coming
Yeah that's about all I got right now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Asuka paid for MiSU to beat the poo poo out of her since all their matches were at her own shows

Don't kinkshame her.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1124889655889915904?s=19

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Wtf are you doing Rossy

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Ishin posted:

Wtf are you doing Rossy

His new fedora is too tight

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
To be fair the old song was designed for the dance which they aren’t doing anymore so changing it up makes total sense.

Don’t think this counts as a spoiler: apparently on the opener on the Oedo Tai produce show Mayu and Natsu just started doing commentary on the house mic which sounds like the best thing.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/xyonmckell/status/1125316308143411200?s=19

This is incredibly exciting news for me since I now live in London and go to Eve shows regularly. For those who don't know; Mei Suruga (I think its that way round: Gatoh Move's youtube says Suruga Mei though so everyone else I've seen could be wrong) is a Gatoh Move wrestler who debuted last May and is one of what seems like a million very good Joshi rookies. Probably best known for Gatoh Move but she's wrestled in a load of the smaller Joshi companies as is common: recently for Sendai Girls and SEAdLINNNG. The main thing that gets me for her is that she's very creative in spots and you see her do things that others wouldn't do and a lot of that is because she's wrestling for a company that doesn't usually use a ring so she's having to adapt - and I think that's something that is only going to benefit her I think.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mei is her given name, Suruga is her family name. So Mei Suruga if you're speaking English and Suruga Mei if you're speaking Japanese.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
TJPW/Shine spoiler: Allysin Kay regained the SHINE title from Miyu. :smith:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Bea and all but there's no way she's Kagetsu good.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Mei is her given name, Suruga is her family name. So Mei Suruga if you're speaking English and Suruga Mei if you're speaking Japanese.

I thought that it was; but the Gatoh Move youtube uploads confused me since they have it as the Japanese way round even though its in English. Always good to double check these things!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

TJPW/Shine spoiler: Allysin Kay regained the SHINE title from Miyu. :smith:

This is GOOD news.

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Mei is one of me favorite wrestlers right now. She is so awesome.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Watching some of the Gatoh Move matches they've got on their channel and it's interesting how they do things not just without a ring, but in such a confined space. I've watched a little bit of DDT's street wrestling stuff and a few very old TJPW matches from back when they didn't have a ring, but having the Gatoh Move commentator there to explain a bit about how they operate with no ring is nice.

I'm looking forward to the TJPW's Princess Cup tourney. I hope a few of the rookies get some good matches and we see some upsets to elevate people--I was going through the archives in the leadup to Miyu vs. Yuka and was shocked to find Hyper Misao going over Miyu in the 2016 tournament with a pretty good match. With Miyu dethroned it feels like there's a lot of room for unexpected wrestlers to rise to the top of the card.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

:laffo:

Bea Priestley beat Kagetsu for the World of Stardom

I had this spoiled on twitter this morning. Typical Stardom occurence. Posting videos in a timely manner is very, very hard work apparently. Stardom; never change. *eyeroll*

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Demtor posted:

I had this spoiled on twitter this morning. Typical Stardom occurence. Posting videos in a timely manner is very, very hard work apparently. Stardom; never change. *eyeroll*
Hey, cut them some slack, they've managed to upload two undercard matches from the first produce show already! :f5:

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

Ah, you know what? That may be my bad. I couldn't find it on their extremely lovely web layout. Baby steps for all.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

yeah the match went up pretty quickly. The World of Stardom Champion herself was at TakaTaichiMania today with Nao Yamaguchi.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, the main events tend to go up quickly, but as someone who wants to watch a show in full, it's always a terribly long wait...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

Watched Kagetsu vs Bea late last night and that was a great match! On par with red belt excellence you would expect but for a smaller venue. Easily Priestley's best match I've seen. Told a good story I thought. There was big submission attempts, out of ring action and mist to fight through. She overcame the odds with big power suplexes that looked spectacular along with some decent strikes and just had a better night then Kaegetsu. Hard her working boots on tight, so to speak.

It looks like to me that Bea does better in singles than in mixed tag stuff. Hopefully she can adapt because Japan tends to favor those mixed tag team vs team stuff quite a lot. Happy for her. She could really move on to do some great things there in Japan and beyond in AEW. I'm cautiously excited to be honest. Wasn't that high on her before but you can see great potential there and she really works hard. At 23 years old, there's A LOT of room to learn and grow.