Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Reticulating splines...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Hmmm, is "optimizing shaders" still a thing or something?

Ever heard of Frostbite?

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
My friend's new montage is pretty sick: https://streamable.com/qehxw

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008
oh the beauty of having more than 3 squads of goons playing pubg at the same time again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blowdryer posted:

oh the beauty of having more than 3 squads of goons playing pubg at the same time again

That was loving awesome, I call to motion the Discord be renamed to DOWN TOWN POUND TOWN. But man do I need to work on my melee skills.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Blowdryer posted:

people don't like weedbaby

u dont say

VulgarandStupid posted:

I ostracized all the goons who wanted to loot and chat all day but never shoot anyone. It’s a paradise.

actually it was u randomly moving people in the middle of games and coming into random channels to tell people about ur pathetic cell phone job/life while theyre in a gunfight and actively telling u to gently caress off

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Tonetta posted:

u dont say

He's a sad oval office alright.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Is there somewhere I can buy items out of game? I'm on sad Canadian Internet and I can't update the game right now, but I want choco's kicks.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Can someone pm me here the new discord?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Own posted:

Alternate PUBG Discord: https://discord.gg/d27fnut

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
in case you missed it, chocoTaco's interaction with a flying car cheater:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticTriangularOrcaNinjaGrumpy

no seriously how is that poo poo still not detectable server side and immediately dumpstered?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Hellsau posted:

in case you missed it, chocoTaco's interaction with a flying car cheater:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticTriangularOrcaNinjaGrumpy

no seriously how is that poo poo still not detectable server side and immediately dumpstered?

Choco is so lovable.

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Tonetta posted:

to tell people about ur pathetic cell phone job/life

yikes thats a bit harsh

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

drat look at me getting rekt by a dead gay forum.

At the end of the day I found the group of goons I actually want to play with and it sounds like you did too. However, only one of us is bitter about it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

drat look at me getting rekt by a dead gay forum.

At the end of the day I found the group of goons I actually want to play with and it sounds like you did too. However, only one of us is bitter about it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

BTW I'm a dealership bro now.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Origin was down for a few hours yesterday so I got this to play with my usual duo (who has played PUBG before) instead of Apex for the day.
We tried Blackout first as that is the game we played before Apex. For some reason they removed duos and there is only a quads game mode with cars now??

My first game of PUBG we played on the original map. I asked to drop somewhere a bit more remote to get a handle on things like looting, attachments and general movement. All of the momentum you keep makes the game feel like skating in molasses, entirely different to Apex but I don't mind. We stuck around for a bit too long and got clipped by the first circle. No big deal, I get energy drinks explained to me. We were moving on foot and circles didnt favor us. We died after 25 minutes without seeing anyone. I guess this is the typical first game experience.

We then played a few more games on the original map and the jungle asian map. Killed a few people every game, domed a couple of guys with a kar but mostly we got ambushed during travel. It is hard to pinpoint where you are getting shot from and also not dying at the same time, not to mention killing the person shooting you.

In our last game we died pushing a team that was camping in a building a few minutes after drop. I got wrecked while vaulting through a window which takes about 10 years. Seems like a nice change of pace from Apex for a bit. I like Apex because of how much action you get. I am used to just running towards gunfire and pushing people because I know I can most likely beat them. We get a lot of action while also winning a decent chunk of games.

I can see myself playing PUBG solo or in duos to chill for a bit. Something tells me it is going to take a while to get good because of how long its been out. I used to be pretty good at shooters but now I am not 18 anymore and dont play as much either.

I guess the best way to get better is to drop hot in solos to get a solid grip on fighting and looting faster.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
95% of the people playing it now are pretty experienced, you don't run into very many scrub-tier squads at this stage and half the people playing it seem to have a Twitch TV suffix in their usernames.

PUBG is great because you can return work emails while running after your friends/bitching about their lovely driving and the moments of 'oh poo poo it's now a firefight with 2 teams and a second ago we were happily stupidly looting the 15th complex despite being kitted AF' are a lot more entertaining to me than the all-action-all-the-time games like Apex/Blops.

Learning "where the gently caress is the shooting coming from" is all about hours spent in this game, at some point it'll click for you and that's a nice moment. Have your team bind the 'marking' button to the same key as 'fire gun' and you'll have more luck as a squad figuring out where the best player in your squad is aiming at.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Like I’ve moaned before, I really want a hardcore difficulty in this game.

No counter for amount of survivors, no hit notifications, and double damage.

The game in the final parts would be so much altered when you don’t know if there are 4 survivors or 1 besides your team. Besides, on a squad game the decision to push after ”maybe downing” another team member would be a huge gamble.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I'd like a Sandbox version of the game. Global chat enabled, respawns from plane when you die, loot respawning over time, vehicles respawning over time. Add a couple of rare spawn vehicles including a little bird helicopter and some armored cars.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

i want a war mode where you drop inside a vehicle with two frags, a molly and a crossbow plus a vest

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Vehicles are so much fun in this game. I like Erangel and Mirimar because they are less of a liability. Vehicles are almost suicide on Sanhok and dangerous on Vekendi

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Ten cent just killed PUBG in China, apparently

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/08/tech/tencent-pubg-china/index.html

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
China will always be number 1 in my heart.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

quote:

Still, some fans were unhappy about the demise of PUBG, a game where users took on the roles of special operations forces.

"Who wants to be some bullsh** player, I want to be a special op!" one user, who goes by the handle 'the girl who carries boxes,' wrote on Chinese social media.

Nice going, CNN, you didn't reveal that you never played the game until the last paragraph. Better than par for mainstream press reporting on games.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I believe only pubg mobile got pulled.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

B-Mac posted:

I believe only pubg mobile got pulled.

Way to kill my hopes and dreams.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

the girl who carries boxes

drat that's a good fuckin' username

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hellsau posted:

drat that's a good fuckin' username

you're a goddamn legend.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hockles posted:

you're a goddamn legend.

no joke, the red arc of my nade was over the hood, level with the roof of the car - i have no idea how my nade bounced there, and also have no idea how the bounce landed where it did, although that was the best possible outcome because my plan b was to nade one and then suicide nade the other.

replay of that match because i'm too lazy to record it:

https://www36.zippyshare.com/v/qCQYvBVj/file.html

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hey PUBG'ers!
My best friend is a game designer, and he's put together a custom mode for an upcoming event with Kevin Smith and Martin Brodeur.
He needs help testing it this wednesday ~1 PM PST.
If anyone wants to come on and test it out then, it would be really helpful. I'm sure it's a fun mode, too, my friend does not gently caress around with boring poo poo. His steam ID is hobostew, message him if interested https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001275205/

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey PUBG'ers!
My best friend is a game designer, and he's put together a custom mode for an upcoming event with Kevin Smith and Martin Brodeur.
If anyone wants to come on and test it out then, it would be really helpful. I'm sure it's a fun mode, too, my friend does not gently caress around with boring poo poo. His steam ID is hobostew, message him if interested https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001275205/

A thread is dead for nine days, then someone posts about how (presumably) a great film maker and a former great hockey goalkeeper will play it?

Game not dead!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

A thread is dead for nine days, then someone posts about how (presumably) a great film maker and a former great hockey goalkeeper will play it?

Game not dead!

Yeah, I asked him about that, as my video game discord doesn't even have a room for coordinating it, anymore. He says it had the custom modes he needed.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hey dudes, I'm Famous Amos, the cookie guy. Wanna play some PUBG or maybe come check out the trains in my model train room? We can stomp around and kick the trains after playing PUBG.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Famousamos used to have extremely good vanilla creme cookies, but then years ago they made a recipe change or something and they became absolute trash

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sounds like pubg gaghaha

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Neutrino posted:

Hey dudes, I'm Famous Amos, the cookie guy. Wanna play some PUBG or maybe come check out the trains in my model train room? We can stomp around and kick the trains after playing PUBG.

Do you happen to have any extra frozen imitation crab meat to give away?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Amos of Famous Amos fame was on Shark Tank. Looks like he sold off the brand and feelll on some tough times and wanted to get back into the cookie game. I guess there wasn’t a non compete contract or it’s expired by now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Amos of Famous Amos fame was on Shark Tank. Looks like he sold off the brand and feelll on some tough times and wanted to get back into the cookie game. I guess there wasn’t a non compete contract or it’s expired by now.

I think they got bad around 2004 to 2006

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey PUBG'ers!

This is happening now. If anyone wants to hop in there it would be greatly appreciated