Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
rewatching the prior seasons its clear as day when the writers no longer have the plot lines from the author and have to pull this new trash out of their asses

all the show is now is just marvel/disney style poo poo. heavy on cgi action sequences and very light on storytelling

can blame the author... he got fuckin paid big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreaddor
Apr 7, 2006

Did anyone else notice how horrible Tyrion's wig looked as the camera shows him running from behind? It reminded me of the LOTR when they obviously had kids in wigs standing in for the hobbits.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Got some leaks right here:

"Night king" was about to swear fealty to the three eyed raven to beat the real night king before getting Arya'd.

Jon Snow is the real night king and manages to get almost everyone killed through ineptitude.

Cersei broods with a wine glass then dies of checks notes making GBS threads sickness.

Dany dies of checks notes making GBS threads sickness.

Sansa dies of checks notes making GBS threads sickness.

Varys dies of checks notes making GBS threads sickness.

The Mountain dies of checks notes huh... myocardial infarction, just before Cleganebow(e)l. Did not see that one coming.

The Hound dies of checks notes making GBS threads sickness.

Arya gets sniped in the back by one of the faceless men and dies.

Gendry dies of lung cancer from working the forge with inadequate PPE and ventilation.

Tormund dies of food poisoning from drinking un-refrigerated milk.

Tyrion drowns in making GBS threads sickness.

The show dies (possibly of making GBS threads sickness), while we all ponder if the kid from Robot Chicken mightn't have written a better final season.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Varys Hair-ys is a goddamned trip.

I didn't even know who he was; I thought he was a producer or something.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

tyrelhill posted:

rewatching the prior seasons its clear as day when the writers no longer have the plot lines from the author and have to pull this new trash out of their asses

all the show is now is just marvel/disney style poo poo. heavy on cgi action sequences and very light on storytelling

can blame the author... he got fuckin paid big time

yea like GRRM is not like a master author but it's insane how much better the book material was than this crap

it's literally just medieval avengers now

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

the thing is... most people are fine with that

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Its absolute bullshit that bran didn't warg into the past to try and destroy the night king in the past because he's invincible now but it goes wrong and he retards aerys the way that he retarded hodor into screaming burn them all inciting jaime to slay the king and thus originating the initial events of the story.

like what the gently caress is the point of anything if that DOESN'T HAPPEN. It solves seriously like half of the plot lines in this series. Also have jon be dragon fired but immune to demonstrate he's targ. Then let him nude wrestle with the NK.

Then kill all of the main characters and the plot twist is that the other 3 episodes don't exist and this episode is the canonical end of the story.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
yeah I wanted to see kit harington's fully erect cock hanging out on camera while he sword fights with the ice necromancer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nude dance off with the necrodancer.

Remember those fake spoilers from last season suggesting Euron was the final boss and the zombies were only stopped at the Eryie? And elephants were everywhere and wildfire killed everyone.

It was stupid but it is so much better thought out than what we're getting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mike12345 posted:

the thing is... most people are fine with that

As the show has gained popularity, the average intellect of the fan base has dropped.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Well here we are in TYOOL 2019, GoT fans chuffing their own farts as hard as Rick and Morty fans

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Still really salty that Euron is the final boss but it's show Euron instead of the book Euron which would make sense because he's a million times scarier than ice demon.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It’s good Euron is the final boss bc it means he’s the final boss in my book fan fic

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Still really salty that Euron is the final boss but it's show Euron instead of the book Euron which would make sense because he's a million times scarier than ice demon.

I wonder if the show even tried to encapsulate book Euron at any point. So far he seems a bit crazy, nasty and weird, but not really anything beyond that.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

ultimateforce posted:

There is a zero percent chance this next episode is good right?

Well its an episode of game of thrones, so

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is good. The only thing I would add is having Howland Reed show up at the end and give Arya a smile and thumbs up after she stabs the NK in the back. :v:

Also:
lmao do they think GRRM had that attitude when he wrote the books that are the source of 100% of their success?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Goons Are Great posted:

I wonder if the show even tried to encapsulate book Euron at any point. So far he seems a bit crazy, nasty and weird, but not really anything beyond that.

They allegedly tried to cast Mads Mikkelsen first, who I can’t imagine was intended to play the role written for Pilou Asbæk.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Saint Drogo posted:

lmao do they think GRRM had that attitude when he wrote the books that are the source of 100% of their success?

Gurm is quite fond of the quote “the only thing worth writing about is a human heart in conflict with itself,” which comes through a fair bit more clearly in scenes inspired by his work than D&D originals.

E: Quote is not edit

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Methanar posted:

Its absolute bullshit that bran didn't warg into the past to try and destroy the night king in the past because he's invincible now but it goes wrong and he retards aerys the way that he retarded hodor into screaming burn them all inciting jaime to slay the king and thus originating the initial events of the story.

Sorry they couldn't do any of those things since you might have expected them to happen.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Sorry they couldn't do any of those things since you might have expected them to happen.

actually ya you're right deus ex arya is way better than following through on the last 10 years of worldbuilding and concluding plot lines that are obviously being hinted at for multiple seasons

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wait is the reason people are calling Dorne the bad pussy place (or something like that) that someone actually said "bad pussy" as a line of dialogue in the show?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Randarkman posted:

Wait is the reason people are calling Dorne the bad pussy place (or something like that) that someone actually said "bad pussy" as a line of dialogue in the show?

come on man, that's like the most important episode

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Bobby Digital posted:

Pepperidge Farms remembers :what:

Why the gently caress are they shooting their bows like that? Was this in the show.

mike12345 posted:

I stopped watching the show years ago. I just tuned in to watch the latest episode with a couple of friends who still watch it. It was really bad, almost fascinatingly so.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Grrm has a background in really hackneyed tv writing but this show has really managed to up the ante

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Randarkman posted:

Tbf I didn't know this until I watched some YouTube critiques this week. One of the Dorne girls tells someone, "you want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy." Then she bites his ear.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
the final boss of it all is urine....cant believe that. The final boss is piss
Who was poo poo? cum??

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Tbf I didn't know this until I watched some YouTube critiques this week. One of the Dorne girls tells someone, "you want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy." Then she bites his ear.

Whoever wrote that and didn't intend it as a joke should be ashamed.

Bad pussy is what gives you throat cancer

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

maker posted:

the final boss of it all is urine....cant believe that. The final boss is piss
Who was poo poo? cum??

everyone and everything is poo poo

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Randarkman posted:

:allears:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mike12345 posted:

the most important episode is the play arya watches

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Motherfucking HBO better start killing off characters and put on a motherfucking show tonight or I will burn something fierce on social media and hulk smash on www something awful dot com.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

tino posted:

Motherfucking HBO better start killing off characters and put on a motherfucking show tonight or I will burn something fierce on social media and hulk smash on www something awful dot com.

We ALL watched your video already. We know.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ArmZ posted:

the most important episode is the one where Theon bones the cross-eyed girl with the elf shoe titties

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

tino posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WqNVfH-zNw

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0UbuGrBq88

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Grrm has a background in really hackneyed tv writing but this show has really managed to up the ante
My exposure to the books has been entirely via wiki but he just loves turning poo poo up to eleven. These dudes build their identity around drowning, these around flaying, all the hair/eyes/coat-of-arms are in the weirdest colors etc.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I hope a Arya (shadow)steps on someone

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

aphid_licker posted:

My exposure to the books has been entirely via wiki but he just loves turning poo poo up to eleven. These dudes build their identity around drowning, these around flaying, all the hair/eyes/coat-of-arms are in the weirdest colors etc.

Congratulations you got all the good parts of the books that aren’t in the show and skipped 15000 pages about food you son of a bitch

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The sheer amount of jerk off heraldry is meant to convey some of the world building in the form of symbolism and it works really well for a while but gets super laborious very quickly, it’s a cool device that winds up carrying way too much of the subtext and you can tell he thinks he’s being sneaky at first but it’s super obvious and as the books go on he buries key little pieces amongst huge swathes of descriptions of flags and it’s real tedious

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Just look at this poo poo

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/47/a9/48/47a9486ff532cff65aeee3b152c64f6b--ice.jpg
https://www.sporcle.com/games/PrincessMartell/coats-of-arms-vassal-picture-click

It's not even "oh it's just house dingleberry who cares", just look at that garish disaster he slapped on Stannis