Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do you mean VFX studios in general (including American) or just Japan?

Probably in general, or at least anywhere without strong labor laws, but I was speaking specifically about the U.S. The stories you hear about VFX teams working on major studio projects are the same tenor of horror that keeps coming out of the game's industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Xarbala posted:

Naw they keep stumbling onto each other without realizing it. It was kind of a running gag.

I see. It's been a while since I read it in the comic.

Skippy McPants posted:

Probably in general, or at least anywhere without strong labor laws, but I was speaking specifically about the U.S. The stories you hear about VFX teams working on major studio projects are the same tenor of horror that keeps coming out of the game's industry.

drat. I've heard poo poo is bad in New Zealand, particularly after The Hobbit bullshit.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

drat. I've heard poo poo is bad in New Zealand, particularly after The Hobbit bullshit.

Yeah, if you want a good look at how bad the film industry would be without stuff like SAG and WGA then watch the third part of Lindsay Ellis' Hobbit series which covers awesome poo poo like Warner Bros. successfully petitioning the government of Newzealand to pass laws preventing kiwis working in film from unionizing.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Shadow0 posted:

It really sucks. I know I don't pay for as many things as I should. The strange thing is that many, many people still really dream about and work hard towards getting into this field despite how awful it is. "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life" they say. :pseudo:

Also dont forget the fact that pretty much all of these employees racked up crazy student debt via federal loans, the herpes of all loan plans, making gently caress-all money with no realistic way of ever paying it off in their lifetime.

Most of them end up flat hating working in the very industry they pined for back before college days, usually sours their perception of gaming/movies/tv/etc in general cause all they end up seeing out of a project is 'how much does it pay'

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, if you want a good look at how bad the film industry would be without stuff like SAG and WGA then watch the third part of Lindsay Ellis' Hobbit series which covers awesome poo poo like Warner Bros. successfully petitioning the government of Newzealand to pass laws preventing kiwis working in film from unionizing.

Ok for a bit I thought this was talking about the New Zealand Bird Kiwi. I did not know the people of New Zealand also called themselves Kiwis.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah that's where I heard about it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Skippy McPants posted:

All this and VFX work is the one line of work in movie production where you're not guaranteed credit, even, in the credits of a film.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Mighty Dicktron posted:

All this and VFX work is the one line of work in movie production where you're not guaranteed credit, even, in the credits of a film.

I know somebody who works at ILM and he said that they just dump everybody they can into a single "Digital Artists" role to maximize how many names they can get into the credits as you then don't have to worry about section breaks and blank space.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Murata updated chapter 95 which means I can finally sleep and stop tossing and turning worrying about it.

Here's the original

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Murata updated chapter 95 which means I can finally sleep and stop tossing and turning worrying about it.

Here's the original
Did you link to the same chapter just to gently caress with us? I've been checking out every titty, rear end and bicep I can find and can't tell the diff

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I think this fan translation from September has a few different panels in it:
https://imgur.com/a/tOr2CS6

:shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Did you link to the same chapter just to gently caress with us? I've been checking out every titty, rear end and bicep I can find and can't tell the diff

The nature of the manga's being has changed

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

You posted two links with the same URL.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Only one page was changed: the last one

Original:

New:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lemme know when they animate flashy flash's fight

he's one of the coolest s rank heroes in one punch man

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Lastgirl posted:

lemme know when they animate flashy flash's fight

he's one of the coolest s rank heroes in one punch man

I'm sorry, I have some bad news for you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man murata is horny for tatsumaki

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

devils advocate: it could just be the editors wanting to court the pedophile demographic

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i guess that really isnt a devils advocate

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

eonwe posted:

man murata is horny.

Always and forever.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
A different perspective of season 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zla2PtY2FWk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, Murata's on an updating tear now!

Chapter 94

Chapter 94 redraw

I only noticed the look of Homeless Emporer and that big mouthed monster changing, Narcisstoic is now named Narcissist Isuke and Mizuki's wearing a speedo(?) since Tatsumaki, Fubuki and Shadow Ring are wearing all the clothes the rest of the female characters get.

Original

Redraw

Chapter 96

Chapter 96 redraw

The fight goes more into detail at this point, and he finally got a chance to go back and actually get rid of Flashy Flash's sword in that one panel when it got kicked away.

Original

Redraw

Chapter 98

Chapter 98 redraw

The only real changes here are the last three panels for inside and outside of Child Emporer's mecha.

Original

Redraw

Lots of details now because Bongo Bill was absolutely right and I just got mixed up and linked the same thing twice the first go around.

Also I feel like we've talked about the Child Emprorer and Mizuki changes in here earlier but I can't remember. Everything just blurs together now.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 6, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Genos claps his metal hands together.
A normal clapping sound is heard....

This loving anime I swear...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
drat Murata is a perfectionist. I guess retroactively updating art is the benefit of a digital manga, as long as you do it before the volume comes out.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Murata is too strong.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wow...that was poo poo. Has Saitama been in more than 5 mins of the last two eps combined?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sounds accurate to the comic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Waltzing Along posted:

Wow...that was poo poo. Has Saitama been in more than 5 mins of the last two eps combined?

Yeah you should get used to that for this arc.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Waltzing Along posted:

That is the point of the series, yes? He wasn't in most of the Sea King arc, because that would defeat the purpose of the arc - the heroes try and fail to stop the Sea King, Saitama shows up at the last moment and punches once, and then sticks around to make the crowd hate him instead of the heroes who did their best and weren't strong enough.

Saitama isn't showing up much because they haven't setup the threats that he's going to easily defeat yet.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not a huge fan of the pacing of this arc in the Murata version (although I still like it because more OPM is always good) but yeah, the trend is seeing less and less Saitama.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We're pretty much done with Saitama until episode 12.

It's probably a good thing this studio is animating this arc.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
what the FUK is going on with OPM s2

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jerkface posted:

what the FUK is going on with OPM s2

:psyduck: I have no idea what's happening here. I think it's the scene with sourface crying to Saitama. But it appears more like he's vibrating and somehow an arm teleports away.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Darth TNT posted:

:psyduck: I have no idea what's happening here. I think it's the scene with sourface crying to Saitama. But it appears more like he's vibrating and somehow an arm teleports away.

He’s tying Saitama’s belt, I believe

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Just started watching S2E05.

Just a few minutes in and this hurts me where it counts. The lines on the parts of the jaw that move don't match the rest of the outline, and everything feels even stiffer than I recall from the previous eps :cry:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wow the OPM anime was received super well, all over the world! It really gained traction! How do we follow it up?

”Cut costs. All the costs. Hire a skeleton budget animation team. Do as little as possible”

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's funny how little people understand why these decisions are made.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
No matter what the "why" is, the end result is still dumb.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Season 3 is what matters anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I do not remember sourface going to town on saitamas hog being in the comic