Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anyway i haven't watched this and don't plan to. Did Arya and the hound reunite is all I want to know
Yes, but neither of them is acting especially happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

They legit need to kill some characters tonight.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Yes, but neither of them is acting especially happy about it.

That's how you know they're family

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Tyrion is so a goner tonight.

Book it!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Guys, lmao turns out the real Azor Ahai was all the friends we made along the way

Did anyone post that yet guys? Guys?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
lmao

no I dont think anyone posted that, but that's great

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Well Bronn is still awesome

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Reconnaissance seems to be big blind spot for Danerys army

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Importance of SEAD/DEAD example A

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Well Grey Worm is gonna die from the Mountain now.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dang pretty bold walking right up to Kingslanding with her last dragon & 12 soldiers just facing down all those giant crossbows

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dumb, I meant dumb, not bold

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009

beanieson posted:

Dang pretty bold walking right up to Kingslanding with her last dragon & 12 soldiers just facing down all those giant crossbows

She made sure that Drogon was out of firing range. Now her 12 Unsullied...

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Well Grey Worm is either going to kill Jon or Cersei now

Also: Incredibly angry at the north of the wall hand waving

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 6, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah idk but this whole episode felt.... forced? The poo poo with Braun felt really forced. I mean I could see him making that same deal without coming off as someone doing a Ren faire rendition of Dog Day Afternoon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Seemed like this episode could’ve lost about 20 minutes without penalty.

But goddamn Cersei/Dany/Sansa is far more compelling than anything with NK. Glad they got through that material as quick as they did.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also Pod working out the casual threesome owned.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

"Welp job's done we're going back north and taking your dog bye"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Also Pod working out the casual threesome owned.

Lol yeah that grin said it all. For a split second I thought it was going to be some dumb assassination plot.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I was filled with dread when Sansa put her hand on the hounds because I’d read there was gonna be an awkward hookup

Thank loving christ

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jon Snow status: still knows nothing

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Tormund and the wildings leaving was probably the most intelligent thing the show has done. Why would he give a poo poo about Cersei?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also lol at these ballistas that can gently caress a ship up like the end of that pirates movie

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Also lol at these ballistas that can gently caress a ship up like the end of that pirates movie

Yeah, they look like they are hitting with more energy than a cannon ball.

Edit: The fireball trebuchets would be good for counter battery fire. I'll bet they don't bring them to Kings Landing.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 6, 2019

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dany is gonna descend into madness and Jon is gonna have to queenslay her. Arya will teleport behind Cersei wearing Pacey’s face and shank her. That’s gonna be great and all but reserve the real get-hype for #CleganeBowl2019

E: we need a spin off of Tormund and Ghost buddy adventures north of the wall

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I would seriously watch a spin off where it just follows him and the free folk.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Flikken posted:

Reconnaissance seems to be big blind spot for Danerys army
I was coming into the thread to make this post. Seriously, does she just not do scouts or spies? Also, they gave Euron Greyjoy a dragon kill? Who is he going to go down to, is Jamie gonna go Super Sayan when he finds out Ciersi is saying the kid isn't his?

Flikken posted:

Edit: The fireball trebuchets would be good for counter battery fire. I'll bet they don't bring them to Kings Landing.
Of course not, why would they do something that makes that much sense when they could battle it out on the open ground in front of the city for no reason.

What exactly did Qyburn say that wasn't true? I don't want to restart medieval tactics chat, but equal numbers doesn't seem that great when one side has a position they've clearly been fortifying for a while, giant ballistae, fresh troops, and control of the sea.

I thought for sure that Ciersi was going to turn Tyrion into a pincushion, and I'm still not sure why she didn't. I guess he still has to kill Varys, who makes some good points.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I would seriously watch a spin off where it just follows him and the free folk.
"Did you know they have giant women south of the wall? Big, beautiful women!"
"We know, Tormund."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tormund walking around the north drinking would be the best show.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The only people who are going to get a happy ending are Tormund, who hosed off after holding up his end of the bargain rather than try to grab more, and Podrick, who is content to live out the rest of his natural years cutting a swath through the ladies of the north.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
what a dumb loving episode. I'm so mad Tormund wasn't waiting around with his drink sloshing from its horn when Brienne was dumped.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"I have to go now, the North needs me"

*Ghost died on his way back to hardhome without saying goodbye to Jon*

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning posted:

I was coming into the thread to make this post. Seriously, does she just not do scouts or spies? Also, they gave Euron Greyjoy a dragon kill? Who is he going to go down to, is Jamie gonna go Super Sayan when he finds out Ciersi is saying the kid isn't his?

Of course not, why would they do something that makes that much sense when they could battle it out on the open ground in front of the city for no reason.

Writers suck, show sucks

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

beanieson posted:

E: we need a spin off of Tormund and Ghost buddy adventures north of the wall

gently caress that's a good idea.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Slim Pickens posted:

New! From the creators of the Exocet!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

so Jaime’s redemptive arc has gone to poo poo and now he’s going back to gently caress/marry his sister? okay cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Things that owned about this episode:
- Jon's speech at the massive funeral pyre
- Tormund drinking
- Tormund drunk-talking poo poo
- Gendry's lordification
- The drinking game where they just kept pounding back booze despite having figured out basically every participant has poo poo on another on account of other participants having told them everything they shared in private over the last 7 seasons
- Tormund doing the most excited sulking in the history of people just having been cockblocked
- Sansa getting a solid laugh out of Clegane by saying she ended Ramsay with hounds
- Arya friend-zoning LORD GENDRY
- Jamie & Brienne's super-awkward hook-up
- Sansa continuing to have big brass balls
- The setup for the rift between Jon and Dany. The audience saw it coming from a mile away, and I'm glad the writers didn't just immediately have Dany ice-shoulder Jon solely based on the revelation of who he is, but sets up the involvement of Jon's family, as well as the way Dany feels an isolation from everyone else. Coupled with Cersei killing Missandey, it's a nice setup for how Dany's hand is forced. Honestly didn't even feel that rushed or forced despite happening within two episodes
- Upgraded Ballistas. gently caress, I love me some dope siege engines
- The setup for Euron betraying Cersei
- Missandei telling Dany to burn poo poo to the ground. So loving cool.

Things that did not own:
- Seconding the thing everyone else said about the comical lack of reconnaissance. Like, come the gently caress on, that could have been written less awkward by having Tyrion come up with the plan to engage the iron fleet they expect to be around Dragonstone with dragons, because it sits smack loving in the middle of the entrance to Blackwater bay, if I learned anything from Davos little swim back to shore in season 3 or whatever. That way you could still play the surprise-card of the upgraded ballistas on the iron fleet, and chalk up the whole shitshow to Tyrion failing Dany yet again, which sets up his removal as hand. The way things went down is just hilarious, in that I legit laughed at it because that amount of stupidity from our heroes was actually entertaining
- Jamie peacing out to join Cersei again. This was a headscratcher for me because I figured Jamie was just lying to Brienne to keep her from coming with him, and he intends to somehow kill Cersei himself. But then Benioff and whatshisname tell us in the epilogue that this is him rejoining Cersei because of loyalty and self-realization and love and, all because it just loving now occurred to him that she might die. Come on, now. If the singular payoff for this is that Jamie tells Euron Cersei was pregnant before, it's still awkward as hell, because everyone in the North new about it, and Tyrion literally just told Euron just...:psyduck:
- Teleport-mania. I mean, I get it, we need to wrap things up, can't really talk too much poo poo about this one, especially after the amount of intercontinental teleportation we had in the last seasons, it just felt awkward
- Cock-teasing main characters getting killed when you haven't had the balls to kill any significant number of main characters since deviating from the books in season 4
- Ballistas OP, pls nerf, Blizzard
- I cannot stop laughing :lol:

Yes, yes, this is a Wendy's drive-thru etc. it was a fun episode, but a bunch of stuff in there just felt unnecessarily sloppy or forced when it could easily have been written better with barely any impact on filming-logistics, as opposed to the Battle of Winterfell

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 6, 2019

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the gently caress everyone doing in Essos anyway none of the white walker poo poo effects them right what do they care

It’s like the North and South American continents for Westeros, maybe with a small body of water between North/South...and then Europe all the way across the Atlantic right

Westeros is England, Essos is Europe

The series started off loosely based on the War of the Roses and went wildly off on its own from that point

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My friend was rewatching and just snapped me - if you look at the scene when Tormund is cheering jon and trying to get him to drink, there’s a paper starbucks looking coffee cup sitting on the table in front of Dany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

My friend was rewatching and just snapped me - if you look at the scene when Tormund is cheering jon and trying to get him to drink, there’s a paper starbucks looking coffee cup sitting on the table in front of Dany.

Probably pumpkin spice, shes such a basic bitch

beanieson fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 6, 2019