Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

Next Thursday is International Wrestling League's Spike Trivet's UK Leaving Party https://twitter.com/IntWresLeague/status/1118108009815793665

The only one who needs to leave is the designer who chose the same color for the font and the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How long is Lykos out for?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

He's already back in the ring doing comedy stuff with Brookes and Schadenfreude so it's not for certain how long he's out, but still being active is a good sign imo.

The fact that he's injured again before I even got my Riptide Lykos fundraiser merch is concerning though; there's no way he'll be able to have a long career if he's this injury-prone, especially as he's a more careful worker now and not doing crazy spots :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilJones77/status/1118596138008027137

:negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KidLykos/status/1118598094587924485 g*dspeed :cry:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/kidlykos/status/1118597933694431234?s=21

Goddamn :gonk:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Christ, he was, what? Twenty? Twenty one years old?

I'm incredibly lucky that I got to see them win the PROGRESS tag titles at two different shows and you could feel how universally beloved CCK were.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh poo poo didn't realise there was a thread for OTT. Any fans here?
I'm thinking of driving to Belfast for the May 25th show.
Don't think I can swing Wrestlerama, it's the same day as my anniversary so not sure I can convince the better half to go 👀👀👀

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Do we know where he's going? I can't imagine WWE would touch him, so AEW maybe?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Do we know where he's going? I can't imagine WWE would touch him, so AEW maybe?

He's signed with AEW

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, even if he signed to WWE they would probably let him keep working Progress shows, anyway.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, even if he signed to WWE they would probably let him keep working Progress shows, anyway.

I'd be STUNNED if he passed a WWE physical.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There is literally 0 chance they’d let someone with scars like his on shows filmed in HD.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think he actually might have when he worked those Axxess shows a year back.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh poo poo didn't realise there was a thread for OTT. Any fans here?
I'm thinking of driving to Belfast for the May 25th show.
Don't think I can swing Wrestlerama, it's the same day as my anniversary so not sure I can convince the better half to go 👀👀👀

I'm going to both, it's really good. I think if you can go, there's a bowling competition in tallaght bowl for the fans. Could be fun. I got front row for Belfast in May, should be a ton of fun imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Von Linus posted:

I'm going to both, it's really good. I think if you can go, there's a bowling competition in tallaght bowl for the fans. Could be fun. I got front row for Belfast in May, should be a ton of fun imo.

Class. Me and a friend watched Scrappermania V on the weekend, it was a great show.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm at Progress SSS16 and every winner is the person I care the least about. This company is a nightmare

At least I get to see Martina and Jenny tomorrow

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

thank God for Kaiju

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was supposed to go but I'm ill as gently caress.

The terrible day 1 results make me less salty about being out £100+ on tickets and transport.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I was thinking of going since I’ve never done a Progress show and Alexandria Palace is meant to be a cool place to walk wrestling but I had to go to Newcastle for a family get together. Not regretting that at all!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Kaiju was glorious and I am livid I missed the end of the show thanks to lovely train times, Burger Bear is my new favourite wrestler

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Friend of mine was at Kaiju and sent me this :

"Wrestlemania worthy"

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Friend of mine was at Kaiju and sent me this :

"Wrestlemania worthy"

Dusto Bunny is amazing....and full of asbestos

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Day 2 of SSS was really loving good, but it's hilarious how WWE literally will not allow a non-WWE wrestler to pin a WWE wrestler. Travis Banks vs David Starr ended in a double count out that led the semifinal match being turned into a triple threat; other than that there are no non-WWE wrestlers in the semis and all were defeated into the quarters. Honestly embarrassing; even EVOLVE isn't that blatant

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think EVOLVE is owned by WWE in all but name, just that Gabe is a WWE employee, which is probably the difference.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
At least Smallman uses money to make his product look good which you can't really say about Gabe

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Has there been backlash from the fans over how blatantly WWE is controlling PROGRESS?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WOSWrestling/status/1126054456720859142

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

leading in what?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Promotions placement in the thread title

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

coconono posted:

leading in what?

Easy chants?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

coconono posted:

leading in what?

It did really bad ratings for ITV in the timeslot it had but the last ratings I can find for it are from episode 9, which did 300,000 while Raw did 77,500 & Smackdown 70,000 the same week. Can't find what ratings Impact do but I'd imagine WOS was safely the most watched wrestling show in 2018 in the UK.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
WWE seem to be pulling more people from the indies: Jinny worked her last Progress show last weekend and Eve just announced that Viper and Kay Lee Ray will be making their last appearance at the Resistance Gallery on Saturday which sort of spoils the Wrestle Queendom build (they've announced that the Eve Title match at that show is Kay Lee Ray defending against Viper; and that Jamie Hayter (who's their top heel) who won a tournament to get a title show will decide whether she'll make that match a three way or whether she'll instead challenge for the EVE International Championship currently held by Utami Hayashishita and like unless they vacate their top title there's one outcome for all of that) and suggests that both are probably gone from the indies by the end of June at the latest.

Hurts EVE since they're losing four domestic talents that are very important for them (KLR is their current champion and one of their top faces, Viper is Viper, Nina Samuels is very over there and was their top heel for a long time; I think that they thought that Jinny was leaving earlier than she was so she's sort of been booked in one-off matches for a while) without really any replacements - Jamie Hayter will easily become top heel but Charlie Morgan and Rhia O'Reilly are both out hurt and while Yuu is technically now an EVE wrestler she's still off in Japan and its not quite clear how often she'd be doing Japanese tours. Makes them very reliant on imports so its good I guess that they have good relations with a lot of people!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Resistance Gallery is such a cool looking venue I doubt they'll have problems filling it no matter what the card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IceAgeComing posted:

WWE seem to be pulling more people from the indies: Jinny worked her last Progress show last weekend and Eve just announced that Viper and Kay Lee Ray will be making their last appearance at the Resistance Gallery on Saturday which sort of spoils the Wrestle Queendom build (they've announced that the Eve Title match at that show is Kay Lee Ray defending against Viper; and that Jamie Hayter (who's their top heel) who won a tournament to get a title show will decide whether she'll make that match a three way or whether she'll instead challenge for the EVE International Championship currently held by Utami Hayashishita and like unless they vacate their top title there's one outcome for all of that) and suggests that both are probably gone from the indies by the end of June at the latest.

Hurts EVE since they're losing four domestic talents that are very important for them (KLR is their current champion and one of their top faces, Viper is Viper, Nina Samuels is very over there and was their top heel for a long time; I think that they thought that Jinny was leaving earlier than she was so she's sort of been booked in one-off matches for a while) without really any replacements - Jamie Hayter will easily become top heel but Charlie Morgan and Rhia O'Reilly are both out hurt and while Yuu is technically now an EVE wrestler she's still off in Japan and its not quite clear how often she'd be doing Japanese tours. Makes them very reliant on imports so its good I guess that they have good relations with a lot of people!

No, no, you see WWE signing all talent and not letting them work indies but also not really doing house shows is good for the UK indy scene and helps it thrive because

Is the opening the line WWE's social media team will work into whatever they tweet from KLR and Viper's accounts when people complain.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The whole WWE pulling people off indies thing is very inconsistent.

My local indie had been using James Drake and Morgan Webster for years and had to pull them off a couple of already announced cards when that first wave of "NXT U.K. signees can't work outside WWE and partners anymore" drama hit (absolutely loving up some of their major long term storylines in the process which was a bummer as a fan) and now just as suddenly they're back on the shows and working again as of about 2 months ago.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/newfieldchris/status/1126096568086683648

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Went to rev pro at york hall tonight and it owned.