Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

benzine posted:

I used to defend and enjoy this show, now it is just poo poo over poo poo.

Edit, Hate how just Euron can do whetever he wants and move at jet speed.

That's based on the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Its Coke posted:

That's based on the books

If only there was book Euron in the show.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Book Euron has a magic horn that you could believably sell as able to stealth take out a dragon. Show Euron has invisible ships and amazing aim.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
So what's remaining in terms of leaked spoilers that are probably going to happen?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cersei should've just killed them all right there. s1-4 GoT would've had them all die.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Xanderkish posted:

So what's remaining in terms of leaked spoilers that are probably going to happen?

Varys getting killed by Dany is almost for sure going to happen after this week.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Xanderkish posted:

- the Golden company gets wrecked, betrays Cersei
- King's Landing gets dragon nuked
- dany executes varys
- jon kills grey worm, dany
- jon gets exiled/goes back to the wall
- there's a new NK (bc you need a NK to manage the seasons)
- the last dragon fucks off back to valyria
- arya is a freelance assassin
- the hound retires to the countryside
- some combination of bran, tyrion or sansa rule westeros (spoilers are unclear)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hobo Clown posted:

Book Euron has a magic horn that you could believably sell as able to stealth take out a dragon. Show Euron has invisible ships and amazing aim.

Both are bullshit but the horn requires human sacrifice to work so it's better. If the ballista only homed in once anointed with blood and glowed and poo poo like the horn does then it'd be way more badass and believable.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Xanderkish posted:

Dany executes Tyrion.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

- the Golden company gets wrecked, betrays Cersei
- King's Landing gets dragon nuked
- dany executes varys
- jon kills grey worm, dany
- jon gets exiled/goes back to the wall
- there's a new NK (bc you need a NK to manage the seasons)
- the last dragon fucks off back to valyria
- arya is a freelance assassin
- the hound retires to the countryside
- some combination of bran, tyrion or sansa rule westeros (spoilers are unclear)

Bran on the throne wargs but his eyes turn blue and he smirks. That's the kind of writing I expect from D&D at this point.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.
Welp

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Why the gently caress would Bronn be on the council?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
I'm guessing those spoilers are from someone who only saw this last episode and is extrapolating the rest of the season

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

LinYutang posted:

I'm guessing those spoilers are from someone who only saw this last episode and is extrapolating the rest of the season
Keep hope alive, brother

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ague Proof posted:

He’s lord of Highgarden

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LinYutang posted:

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ague Proof posted:

I want it to be they're deciding stuff and he just walks in the room, so he just gets automatically included without doing any work at all.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I kind of believe the ones that say Jon kills Dany and then it all turns out to be a big misunderstanding and he brings her back to life, because that seems like the SHOCKING DOUBLE TWIST that the show runners actually want to pull

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

He snuck in with the bow and arrow when they weren't looking and demanded a seat at the table

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it's fun how Tyrion ruined the baby news to euron and we didn't even get a reaction shot

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Bran would be the dumbest, least satisfying character to put on the throne, which is why I'm convinced they'll do it.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Can Bran even get it up? Dude’s a succession crisis waiting to happen

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bran got a measles vaccine when he was a child that's why he's the shape he's in. The fall from the tower was just a coincidence

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

bobjr posted:

I want it to be they're deciding stuff and he just walks in the room, so he just gets automatically included without doing any work at all.

He learns from this episode that the true path to success is to walk in with a crossbow and make threats and then leave.

Works every time.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

In exactly what universe does Bronn think that he can actually become the lord of the Reach because he promised not to murder one of Dany's advisors? Why the hell would she ever do that and why should he think she would?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Zoran posted:

I kind of believe the ones that say Jon kills Dany and then it all turns out to be a big misunderstanding and he brings her back to life, because that seems like the SHOCKING DOUBLE TWIST that the show runners actually want to pull

If I weren't happy spoiled, I'd speculate that Dany has Cersei dead to rights, nothing but a wall of innocent people in her way. Dany looks down at the crowd and sees a child crying in terror. Remembers herself at her wedding to Drogo, terrified. Has a moment of self-reflection and pulls away.

Hell, I'll still speculate that. But since "Jon Stabs Dany" is basically confirmed at this point, Cersei says "nah gently caress that poo poo" and blows up some wildfire, framing Dany. Nobody believes her, and Jon kills her, until next week Bran reveals the truth and Jon brings her back.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
The fact is that ANYONE seating in the goddamn throne is bullshit.

Maybe it happens in the books that will never come out too, but one of the things Martin establishes pretty clearly in the previous ones is that feudalism is garbage, and having to pledge allegiance for a bunch of assholes sucks.

Rise up, Westeros: No Gods, No Maesters

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I can't be the lord of Winterfell but I can rule all seven kingdoms. Why not

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Cersei should've just killed them all right there. s1-4 GoT would've had them all die.

Hell, she did that with the sept. Her whole thing is she doesn't play by idiotic Noble rules and that's why ned and others die .

Just set Dany further back and that's taken care of, instead it makes cersei look dumb

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

My prediction is in the end King's Landing gets blown up from the wildfire caches still there. Ceresi blows it to hell. It fits the story and general theme and the lovely producers will find it sufficiently shocking that they will like it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Diogines posted:

In exactly what universe does Bronn think that he can actually become the lord of the Reach because he promised not to murder one of Dany's advisors? Why the hell would she ever do that and why should he think she would?

I took the scene as Bronn just rolling the dice on a castle because he had no intention of ever killing danys generals/advisors

Also funny is a dragon attack on ships next week should definitely happen at night when no one can see it coming, but it's a daytime fight and that won't matter at all

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

InFlames235 posted:

All the spoilers look to be true for the remainder of the season. Such a shame.

We’ll see what the execution looks like (spoiler: it won’t be good), but all in all they could’ve gone much blander than a Dany heel turn and a long shot Iron Throne winner.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Zoran posted:

Also you got sources for these spoilers?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This deserves to be in both threads

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Hey Daeny, those ballistae have a pretty low angle of attack and your loving dragon can fly UP.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

I guess episode 5 probably ends with Jamie and Cersei’s deaths, and episode 6 deals with getting rid of Dany and the aftermath.

Speaking of, the episode 3 defenders were totally right. Cersei has always been the most compelling villain, and I’m sure glad that, now the walkers are out of the way, we got to spend three minutes with her this week.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

General Dog posted:

Speaking of, the episode 3 defenders were totally right. Cersei has always been the most compelling villain, and I’m sure glad that, now the walkers are out of the way, we got to spend three minutes with her this week.

Yeah. This could have been really loving good if they split it into 2 or 3 episodes. The final 30 minutes or so felt like we were watching it on fast forward. I've been defending the show pretty staunchly (and I really liked episode 3) but this was just silly. The core plot is good but they're rushing it way too loving hard.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TheRat posted:

Yeah. This could have been really loving good if they split it into 2 or 3 episodes. The final 30 minutes or so felt like we were watching it on fast forward. I've been defending the show pretty staunchly (and I really liked episode 3) but this was just silly. The core plot is good but they're rushing it way too loving hard.

This. Especially after spending 2 whole episodes setting up the battle in Episode 3, and now in one episode they just throw wrenches everywhere and go nuts in under 30 minutes.

Nae! posted:

Bran would be the dumbest, least satisfying character to put on the throne, which is why I'm convinced they'll do it.

Only if they convert it into a Golden Throne. Then it would be awesome. :black101:

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 6, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The last two seasons have felt like they’re on fast forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I took the scene as Bronn just rolling the dice on a castle because he had no intention of ever killing danys generals/advisors

Also funny is a dragon attack on ships next week should definitely happen at night when no one can see it coming, but it's a daytime fight and that won't matter at all
These seem like obviously lovely dice. There is 0 chance such a deal would be honored and no reason to think it would. He should have tried to cut a less insane deal. Like "I am going to give you detailed information on the defenses of king's landing AND not murder you, you give me some extra gold and poo poo". Much more reasonable and... well I see no reason they would not?