Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The event needs you to clear the latest story chapter to even start and you need to beat several difficult bosses in the story, plus the usual missions/event shop.

One extra week isn't a huge amount considering, unless you appled your way through everything as fast as possible for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I appreciate the extra time, it let me do the farming at a more leisurely pace and not feel rushed, which is a relief since sometimes I can't do much more than log on for my daily bonus due to work and work-related issues.

Definitely gotta say, the Mission based events like this one are my favorite, though the lotto ones are a close second.
I dunno, the mission ones just feel less grindy to me for some reason

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Passionlip just oneshot crit my Saberlot. Leave me alone!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah the Wanted quests all prioritizing Casters kinda sucks, but I still cleared all of them with minimal fuss. But also, I'm unable to tell if that's because it's not that big a deal or if Merlin is just that busted.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
One minute of silence for Barbatos, gone too soon. I managed only 90 runs.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I killed Barbatos four hundred and eighty eight times.

Thanks for all the QP.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Alright, I'm at Kiara now. Yeah, I know, everyone beat me to it, but I was lazy.

I just beat her yesterday actually. I'm pretty sure it was by far my longest battle yet in this game. I tried going all-out on offense my first couple of tries which ended in disaster, but changing to an Orion/Jack/Merlin support team did the job nicely even if it took a while.

I'm honestly grateful for how long this event is. There's a lot to go through so having that extra time makes it feel less of a rush to grind through the missions.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat these later fights are annoying. Screw it, I'm bringing in Merlin.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I only got like 10 kills. Truly it is a re-imagining of the original fight. :smith:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are you guys referring to grinding Barbatos in the Final Singularity? Is that no longer possible now or something?

Rorahusky posted:

That's a blessing IMO, since it gives you time to do other stuff. I find that in instances where a game is rolling out events back to back to back, it becomes a real hassle to do things like 'Grind out resources to pay for any of the poo poo I need' or 'level up my guys'.

Oh for sure, it's a big relief. It was just a surprising change after past events usually coming down to the wire (and it usually not being practical for me to grind for the cubes).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
the current event in JPN brought back our dearly departed friend

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah the current JP event is like a remix of a bunch of past content, so the part of the event that just finished was a re-do of the barbatos raid from solomon

e: though yeah you can't grind barbatos if you do solomon now, he was only a raid during the actual launch window of the chapter

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Final Beast is Barbatos buffed by how many times you've killed him.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

top right should be herc

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

let sanzang have some recognition for once in her life!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i dont like seeing her cry!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Life as Barbatos is hard

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Oh Snapple! posted:

top right should be herc illya

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
neither herc nor illya can 0 -> 100% with black grail + two merlins like xuanzang can, you non-optimal farmers!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
"Activate Hard Mode when the human population on Earth reaches below 3%"

THIS FEELS LIKE A LOSTBELT FORESHADOWING

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What part of "Some people don't follow JP FGO" do you not understand?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Cuntellectual posted:

That's a CCC quote. It's NA-topical.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Transient People posted:

That's a CCC quote. It's NA-topical.

Read the rest of it, champ

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think that actually relates to the lostbelt story but i'm only following jp details vaguely

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i don't think that actually relates to the lostbelt story but i'm only following jp details vaguely

Earth has been wiped out, again.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

That's why it's a good spoiler because without context it's meaningless

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

You could just say "This feels like foreshadowing" without namedropping future content.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I feel like the guys crowing about things being JP spoilers have done more to spoil things by going 'uh SPOILERS!!!!!' and drawing attention to things rather than letting them slide and slip out of mind

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tarezax posted:

Read the rest of it, champ

Yeah, it's still NA topical. It literally doesn't matter that it namedrops FGO2, we don't actually know how it pans out. Nothing is spoiled.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It took all of the debuffs and 41 turns but I beat Kiara! A semi-arts team with one big hitter really is the way to go. I benched Waver for the first time in I think ever and used a friend's Merlin, Mash and Carmilla. Once again, just like in Solomon, it's cool that my first 4* servant gets the final hit on the BBEG. Carmilla was really good for it too. Her NP is easy to get up even without help and the self-heal, attack boost and effectiveness against females meant that she was consistently dishing out good chunks of damage while never going under half health.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I think this is the second time I beat a final boss with the story Servant, in this case Melt. The first time was Bedivere. It felt appropriate both times, although it would have been easier with an actual Support.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn that event is grindy... 77 quests in and still not able to get all the debuffs :v

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I figured it was more to go with the fact that the Extra timeline has some serious problems with Earth becoming polluted and humanity having some serious social issues. Isn't that situation the cause of someone like Kiara ending up in the position she was in in CCC?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The event inspired me to go through CCC (The game) again.

I completely forgot Melt mercs Kiara to relatively little fanfare. Some things never change, huh?

Other posted:

I feel like the guys crowing about things being JP spoilers have done more to spoil things by going 'uh SPOILERS!!!!!' and drawing attention to things rather than letting them slide and slip out of mind

It's entirely possible, but to me it's partially the principle of the thing. I don't even mind spoilers myself, but when there are people in a thread talking about being new to a game it just seems really dickish to do that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding Kiara, I think she makes a good villain because she kinda subverts the more typical "villain is evil, but is revealed to have some sympathetic motivation/backstory" by starting out with her seeming good/sympathetic and then revealing she's actually ludicrously evil.

Cuntellectual posted:

The event inspired me to go through CCC (The game) again.

Who did you choose as your servant?

I'm planning on playing it again soon-ish, and I'm debating using Emiya since I used Gilgamesh my first time (and tbh I don't like Tamamo or Nero much). I don't remember much at all about the plot, other than that I enjoyed playing it.

Now that I think about it, I generally like male servants more than female ones on average.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 6, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm assuming the English translation is still stuck in limbo, without any news since a few years ago, correct?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Iwakura Productions who have been the ones handling the patch gave a progress update in april of last year and the update amounted to

"It is still being worked on"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
lmao I thought it was a fan comic idea, but it turns out that Emiya is actually jealous of the twin gun swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Captain Baal posted:

Iwakura Productions who have been the ones handling the patch gave a progress update in april of last year and the update amounted to

"It is still being worked on"

They recently did a small update, CCC is on the backburner for a bit while they work on Sakura Wars.