Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hope a giant steps on me so I don't have to suffer any more of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Watching that episode was almost as bad as Avengers engame. Except it was less than 1/2 as long and didn't have any good parts.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

:lol:

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
Jon can't gently caress off to the wall because the dead dragon blew it up with ice fire and all the baddies came south and died.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'll say it again, this show is poo poo, and everyone who made it is poo poo.

I am however looking forward to the incredible rage from the fans when 8 years of TV ends on a Soprano note

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Communist Bear posted:

I'll say it again, this show is poo poo, and everyone who made it is poo poo.

I am however looking forward to the incredible rage from the fans when 8 years of TV ends on a Soprano note

still funny that whoever mentioned it in one of these threads that "Khaleesi" was one of the most popular child names in the last few years and now she's gonna murder thousands of people and go crazy

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Seriously though how many times has Euron's fleet just suddenly and miraculously been in the exact position they need to be to strike a major blow against Dany's forces/allies

Also how in the gently caress did they even get Missandei??? The Unsullied ships are like 10 feet from the beach when they get fired on with what were apparently auto-firing ballista

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tom Gorman posted:

still funny that whoever mentioned it in one of these threads that "Khaleesi" was one of the most popular child names in the last few years and now she's gonna murder thousands of people and go crazy

Honestly if D&D in the after credits just say they made Dany bad to gently caress with dumb idiots, and this is why everything feels lovely and rushed, I'll forgive everything.

I was confused why Euron's ruthless seafaring killers would sink the fleet and not have a free dozen beach stabbing parties doing patrols.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 6, 2019

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I wonder if the reason d&d are looking so tired is because they know their careers are dead, and the last episode behind the scenes is going to be 15 minutes justifying their lovely decision making process and rueing ever agreeing to work with gurm.

And we all know gurm is immediately going to tweet afterwards saying "actually that's not the ending! I fooled you all! Stay tuned for my book."

Basically HBO should never have agreed to this.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Winterfell got a Starbucks

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Watch gurm release book 6 in a few months and book 7 in the next year or two and it all be 100% different and good and then the fans start demanding a new ending.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
Where do you want to conspire against our queen? Book me the largest and most reverberating room on Dragonstone.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This last season of game of thrones feels entirely like priming for a franchise that exists as an infinite well like star wars or MCU.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Looking at the pinpoint accuracy against that dragon, it appears the writers have never shot anything that moves in 3 dimensions, especially with something that moves in a ballistic trajectory.
If they had any degree of competence, they would have asked any hunter who would have told them to use grapeshot against flying objects.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I saw this on twitter is this loving real because lmao if true

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I saw this on twitter is this loving real because lmao if true

:thunk:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I like how qyburn is able to develop the most advanced piece of technology known to the entire world that will literally change warfare for centuries, commissions dozens if not hundreds to be built, train hundreds of men on how to use the weapons, and then Dany takes her dragons on a casual flight having somehow heard nothing about these ballista.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I love that Dany thinks "hey are forces here are exhausted and Dorne needs time to send their dudes" is basically treason and insists they take the 600 survivors down to fight Cersei right the gently caress now.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
she sucks

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Looking at the pinpoint accuracy against that dragon, it appears the writers have never shot anything that moves in 3 dimensions, especially with something that moves in a ballistic trajectory.
If they had any degree of competence, they would have asked any hunter who would have told them to use grapeshot against flying objects.

Surely there are people who can take out a duck or bird with a bow and arrow in real life?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

yaffle posted:

Jon can't gently caress off to the wall because the dead dragon blew it up with ice fire and all the baddies came south and died.
We're going to rebuild the wall one ice cube tray at a time and the lichen are gonna pay for it

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I didn't think this show could get any worse and then I read the spoilers. Was there a writer's strike that no-one heard about? How did this entire season get greenlighted?!? Take your time with S08, kill off a bunch of main characters to save budget, do a S09 and maybe drag it out to S10. Don't ever do closeups of khaleesi's face because emilia clarke can't. loving. act. Oh and that ending was the perfect time to kill Tyrion, gently caress you D&D.

The Dennis System posted:

Surely there are people who can take out a duck or bird with a bow and arrow in real life?

On a moving boat? From a fleet that was entirely never visible to the dragons? From several hundred metres away? With three consecutive bullseye shots? And why does anyone give a single loving poo poo about Missandei now? Sansa saying "yeah euron destroyed half our army, killed a dragon, oh. and wait, this is important. sit down, here's the worst of the news. ready? ok! they captured that slave girl who serves no purpose but to suck on grey worm's stump. whats her face, you know who im talking about!"

The mad king was right, let it all burn

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Honestly a slave women trying to carve out a non-stabbing or -loving based niche for herself without secret noble background or superpowers could have been p cool but these bozos are not the writers/directors to pull it off.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
You want the coherent storytelling, but you need the bad pussy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Frappes are coming

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
You want the good show, but you need the bad coffee.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

A handheld bow and arrow are infinitly easier to aim than a stationary ballista, and even then it requires the duck to fly straight ahead at constant speed and you judging the distance down to 3ft. exactly and hoping the wind doesnt change a sliver.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It's amazing to see that Bronn managed to fire a total of two bolts on Drogon, hit once while inflicting a minor wound, while Euron did this with impressive accuary against a flying target going with dragon speed, hitting the chest well, then hitting again and then piercing through the throat, all in the time that Bronn needed to fire even one bolt.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Lawd Mormont posted:

Have you guys seen the leaks yet? Looks like this is the one where they cut off Jon's head and replace it with a dragons neck and head like they did with robb stark and the wolf head.

Actually I saw the leaks, this happens next week and the screenshots look hilarious

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Goons Are Great posted:

It's amazing to see that Bronn managed to fire a total of two bolts on Drogon, hit once while inflicting a minor wound, while Euron did this with impressive accuary against a flying target going with dragon speed, hitting the chest well, then hitting again and then piercing through the throat, all in the time that Bronn needed to fire even one bolt.

Euron had a crew to hold the ballista steady and to reload though,

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Urine got his powers from Ramsay but instead of 20 good men he only needed three crossbows.
Its like poetry.

Also for all the poo poo these retards have done im going to legit watch when Dany bring hell to Queen mcsnarlface and kings landing

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

thatguy posted:

did you watch them again, because calling the first 3 great is a stretch, and calling any of the hobbit movies ok is a crime against humanity

Nah. The LotR will honestly stand the test of time for basically ever. Like, I seriously can't imagine another fantasy series topping it. The studio system that allowed it to happen probably doesn't even exist anymore. Game of Thrones maybe had a shot, but like a grim-dark parallel to it, but lol at that now.

The Hobbit movies were absolutely poo poo, but it was a complete poo poo show all around. Lindsay Ellis's (now Hugo nominated) documentary showed how insane it was. The studios not only hosed over Peter Jackson, but also all the actors in New Zealand for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRUQ-RKfUs

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
oops i forgot to make them point all the way up

-qyburn

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Why did no one make any kind of comment about Tormund telling everyone that Jon was murdered and resurrected? Remember when Jon stopped Davos from telling Daeneryes about it? No big deal I guess, just your everyday reanimated dude when we've just killed a load of reanimated dudes.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So, let's pretend you're duck hunting on a boat for whatever reason. The duck is too stupid to look down from -flight- and happily flies over to get murdered. Even if you have a free moving bow (it's not bolted down to something) you're talking about some insane odds. No matter how heavy the arrow, it's going to sway in the wind. Water has nothing to stop wind movement. Even bullets go awry in calm water hunting when the ducks are on the water and moving far less fast than that dragon was.

Hitting it three times makes Euron some kind of wizard. Especially in such short order. And in the places that he hit it. I'd have taken the first shot as pure dumb luck but that neck shot was ridiculous. If Rhaegal had just been laying on his rear end asleep on a rock or something (what the gently caress was Drogon doing prowling around back there?) yeah your odds are really high.

But no, as someone who does archery hunting, :lol: the loving ships are at full sail and making good speed and you expect me to believe you hit a target moving at fast as hell speeds from that angle with that technology, not once, but three times. Euron catches fish that are -this big-, too, I guess.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Why did Dani pull a power dive straight at Euron if she wasn't planning on strafing him? Why didn't she just go any other direction?

What was so profound about Cersei doing well in a fight that it made Jaime go back to her? Did he leave in the first place because he was sure she'd lose? idgi

How come Cersei has managed more technological advancement in a few weeks than the entire world has managed in the last 9,000 years? She is the actual hero now.

Why would Jon go back to the wall? Wasn't it built to keep that one guy out?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Dregs posted:

Why did Dani pull a power dive straight at Euron if she wasn't planning on strafing him? Why didn't she just go any other direction?

What was so profound about Cersei doing well in a fight that it made Jaime go back to her? Did he leave in the first place because he was sure she'd lose? idgi

How come Cersei has managed more technological advancement in a few weeks than the entire world has managed in the last 9,000 years? She is the actual hero now.

Why would Jon go back to the wall? Wasn't it built to keep that one guy out?

-how far can drogon breathe fire because it seems to be inconsistent and she was definitely that high and far from the zombies? why not just toast him? because the plot said not to.

-"Jamie is addicted" is the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen.

-Qyburn magic. Let Qyburn sit on the throne and see how nuts poo poo gets.

-Yeah it was. Who the gently caress knows. Right now that doesn't make any sense but it doesn't make any sense that they somehow retrieved Missandei either and we're never getting an explanation for that. So that's alright. It'll be fine. The last shot will be Jon standing at a newly fixed Castle Black and a new line of lads coming in to do nothing. It all zooms out as he looks on, basically a Mormont now.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Alot of people who make movies dont understand or never bothered to try to understand that bows work different from guns and are much more difficult to use.

It's pretty much been accepted as correct over the years due to how many times it's been said, but you also don't 'fire' a bow.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
This show continues to be poo poo except now they don't even show the tits, wtf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Footage of hunting ducks with a bow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkxIHXKlkeo