Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Well, you were a good waiver wire pick-up last year, Freeland, and I liked drafting you. But it’s now time to say goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This Chavis guy is good.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I was planning on giving Travis Shaw another couple weeks but jesus christ man 0 for 7????

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Travis Shaw isn't looking too hot.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Brewlieve1/status/1125149083830824960

Jimmy Nelson made his first rehab start today on his way back from a torn labrum. Dude was mediocre his first few seasons, broke out in 2017 and missed all of last year. I dunno if he's worth stashing yet, but I'll be keeping my eye on him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jimmy Nelson was so good before getting hurt in 2017 and I've had him on my 4 IL roster all year

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

Jimmy Nelson was so good before getting hurt in 2017 and I've had him on my 4 IL roster all year

I'm stashing him now, I was pretty happy to see he got dropped to FA in my league.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I hate it when you put up a bunch of points in a week and still lose to one of two guys who have more points than you. It's so loving infuriating.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Should I drop Marwin Gonzalez or Nate Lowe to pick up Aaron Hicks before he comes back?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
After bouncing back and forth against my opponent my team had a HUGE weekend, I won 8-0-2 and jumped from third to first.

Hell yeah.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Even though I lost Kluber and Taillon, my team finally got back on track after an awful start to the season. The week started off pretty good with Aguilar hitting 3 HR, so...

Of course, my opponent owns Gary Sanchez, Manny Machado, and Jose Abreu. 10 HR and 19 RBI from those three alone

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Alone in first place with a 4-1 record. :feelsgood:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

alpha_destroy posted:

Should I drop Marwin Gonzalez or Nate Lowe to pick up Aaron Hicks before he comes back?

I'd drop Marwin Gonzalez for just about anyone else. As for Hicks, there are other guys on the IL in my leagues who I'd stash before him. Depends on your league. I'd rather have a guy who's playing now than Hicks, but anyone in that lineup has upside :shrug:

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 6, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Marwin might be a good buy-low candidate right now, actually. He's still hitting the ball hard, well above the league average in hard hit % and exit velo.

But then again, I dunno if even his 2017 is that useful in fantasy. Being eligible for every position except C is so enticing though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Bauer 😡

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

another guy down on the farm I added lately is Zac Gallen for Miami. What I like about him is that he is going deep in games and racking up IP so if you're in a league with QS that could be something to look at...
Look how good this guys doing. He’s gonna take Sandy Alcantara’s spot in the rotation before too long
http://m.milb.com/milb/player/668678#nav_last_ten

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I kept Marwin. And I know it is early to stash Hicks, but I did. Now I'm the proud owner of 3 Yankee outfielders who were all injuried last week. Stanton and Frazier where the other two

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Would you rather have Brandon Lowe or Daniel Murphy in a point league?

I think Lowe is the obvious right now but apparently his underlying metrics suggest a regression and Murphy if nothing else will be playing in Coors so 🤷🏾‍♂️

Same question for Desclafani, mikolas, Luke Weaver who would you rather have 2 of 3

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
If it's a shallow league and/or has IL spots I'll take Murphy. Upside is too good.

Also probably dump Mikolas, I'm guessing the scoring system rewards high-K pitchers. If there's a massive bonus for wins maybe dump DeSclafani? I can't believe Luke Weaver is my favorite of the three but here we are.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
If Daniel Murphy stays healthy :lol: he will play, and probably do pretty well ROS. I put a claim in for him in one league where I'm building a broken team for the playoffs.

Speaking of- what caliber hitter would it take to get Severino or Cleveniger, or both? And is the risk worth it?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Simpsons Reference posted:

If Daniel Murphy stays healthy :lol: he will play, and probably do pretty well ROS. I put a claim in for him in one league where I'm building a broken team for the playoffs.

Speaking of- what caliber hitter would it take to get Severino or Cleveniger, or both? And is the risk worth it?

Clevinger sounds ahead of schedule so I would take the risk on him. Not sure about Severino. He got dropped in one of my leagues so I picked him up.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Anyone have any insight on what is wrong with Brandon Nimmo? Lordy has he sucked this year.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mchugh may not be very good either.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Me with Hoskins and Harper: Aw hell yeah!
Opponent with Merrifield and Turner: Naw

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kimbrel been dropped in any of y'alls redraft leagues?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Pussy Boss posted:

Weeks ago.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone dropped Corey Seager. I have 2 SS but I still pick him up, right? Kind of baffled.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

The Pussy Boss posted:

He is 77% owned on Yahoo. He should sign after the draft which is June 5th. So it's almost the point where you should be picking him up if he was available.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jack Flaherty :negative:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He did this all last season too. Cruise into the 5th and then fall over

Now I have Griffin Canning who seems really good but has done the same thing his first couple starts.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yeah Flaherty is super annoying for always doing this. Dominates 4 innings and can't get out with a quality start. His rate stats are still good but he needs to start going deeper into games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sounds like hitters figure him out on the third time through the lineup

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it stinks of one of his secondary pitches being a joke. Why do I always fall for these Chris Archeresque pitchers.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Senzel finally has OF eligibility on Yahoo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My team is hitting 1/33 tonight. Feels good.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
After what feels like a million trade offers trying to get rid of Abreu I finally had one accepted. Getting back Machado, which means I no longer have to start Andrelton Simmons and it opens up a Util slot for Ohtani.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the problem with flaherty is he has one excellent pitch and nothing else

do not draft starters with one above average pitch

e: also i would be looking to move kershaw immediately. his velocity is in freefall and his slider is a husk of what it was. gave up a lot of loud outs tonight. babip still way too low. now combine all that with the weather about to heat up, his back, and decent offenses in the west.

i’m afraid this is the beginning of the end :/

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 9, 2019

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah Travis Shaw isn't looking too hot.

I want to drop him sooooo bad. Gonna give him a couple more days then move on I think.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

I want to drop him sooooo bad. Gonna give him a couple more days then move on I think.

Same. He looks broken to me. Something is wrong in Milwaukee, I think Yelich took his and Aguilar's power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Mallex Smith is hitting .375 with 5 bags in his first 5 games at AAA. No idea how long he stays down, but if he was dropped, keep an eye on him for sure (I'm holding in a couple of leagues)