Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

Echoing Qyburn is the best and I loved the dawning realisation from Tyrion just how much of a sociopath he is

Qyburn for king of the seven realms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRSArNN6wJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxgkOIsHUs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9IBlbfjNH0

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
I loved the bit when half of Daenerys's army was ambushed at sea, one dragon was killed and the other driven away by ballista. Her remaining forces were battered and her fleet sunk. The handful of broken survivors washed up on a beach without supplies and in no fit condition for battle. They really upped the stakes!

I paused the episode there. I'm sure the next few scenes are going to deal with the Ironborn fleet pressing their advantage and attacking the forces on the beach. Are Tyrion, Varys and the Unsullied remnants going to be captured? If not, how will they survive in the middle of hostile territory with no supplies? Will they need to cut a deal with a local lord to keep them safe? Is their diminished force going to need to struggle to link back up with the Northern forces?

Oh wait- I unpaused it and in the next scene everyone is just standing battle ready outside Kings landing with no explanation.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

The knit that I can't avoid picking at is the idea that only half the army was lost at Winterfell. They were decimated at the very least and you won't convince me otherwise.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

This isn't even the worst thing to happen! :v: God that show was so bad.

That show is still going.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Crimpolioni posted:

The knit that I can't avoid picking at is the idea that only half the army was lost at Winterfell. They were decimated at the very least and you won't convince me otherwise.

They were with Ghost off screen fighting

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
How GoT is [blink]not[/blink] going to end:

- Winter continue, and the sea between essos and westeros freeze.
- The elephants cross the sea walking on the ice
- Euron summon giant sea monsters to destroy the ice
- One of the Euron monsters crawl over Kings Landing and die
- Basically Cloverfield in a medieval setting

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Undead Hippo posted:

I'm sure the next few scenes are going to deal with the Ironborn fleet pressing their advantage and attacking the forces on the beach.

Ahahahaha I completely forgot about that. I legit turned to my gf and was like "Why the gently caress didn't Euron finish her off?"

The dragon is still a threat to the sailors but just like keep your ships nearby and if you have to go on land, take them off the ships and have people carry them. You could have this won already, before Jon reinforces her.

But Euron had to slip back to Cersei immediately because his entire character in the show is "Ima gently caress da queen!" instead of the evil genius he is in the books.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Quote posted:

Why the gently caress is anyone from that parley still alive? Cersei is a lunatic, but she isn't stupid. She could end everything and lock her reign down with no complications. Why the gently caress does the challenger to the throne show up to a parley, within ballista range? It's the stupidest thing that's happened in a show full of stupid things.

Because after all is said and done, Cersei Lannister still respects guest right.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Crimpolioni posted:

That really sincerely felt like the writers telling us internet nerds to shut the gently caress up about specifics like how many soldiers lived.

It was comically convenient. "Lets all discuss casualties?"

"Okay, we lost half the vale knights"
"Half the unsullied"
"Half the northmen"
"yeah basically just like straight up 1/2 of our forces because that's easy to say, moving on who cares"

Once again the whole big threat of the Night's King is now shown to be a bit of a laugh in retrospect.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Undead Hippo posted:

I loved the bit when half of Daenerys's army was ambushed at sea, one dragon was killed and the other driven away by ballista. Her remaining forces were battered and her fleet sunk. The handful of broken survivors washed up on a beach without supplies and in no fit condition for battle. They really upped the stakes!

I paused the episode there. I'm sure the next few scenes are going to deal with the Ironborn fleet pressing their advantage and attacking the forces on the beach. Are Tyrion, Varys and the Unsullied remnants going to be captured? If not, how will they survive in the middle of hostile territory with no supplies? Will they need to cut a deal with a local lord to keep them safe? Is their diminished force going to need to struggle to link back up with the Northern forces?

Oh wait- I unpaused it and in the next scene everyone is just standing battle ready outside Kings landing with no explanation.

Writers needed a reason for Dany to snap so they need Missandei to get executed. How to solve the problem of getting her into the hands of Cersei was how the rest of that came about.

Also really lovely of the writers. I would probably at least given Grey Worm a win but starting to look like these dudes would have been better off left as slaves. Their life now has been constant warring to the point most of them are dead now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Raccooon posted:

That show is still going.

New worst thing about TWD: it is still going! :v:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Ok i tried to keep positive last episode but it wore me down throughout the week and this last episode has broken me. Hopping on the trainwreck bois :getin:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Did they explain why Jon and Dany split their forces? Why not just stay together and march down?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sin counter: 68

why doesn't missandei simply duck under the mountain's sword?

*ding*

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

something posted:

Ok i tried to keep positive last episode but it wore me down throughout the week and this last episode has broken me. Hopping on the trainwreck bois :getin:

Welcome brother and/or sister. The trainwreck is rolling full speed ahead.

Toot toot.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

I said come in! posted:

New worst thing about TWD: it is still going! :v:

How many people have made some variation of the "I guess this show really IS walking dead now!" Joke?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

romanowski posted:

sin counter: 68

why doesn't missandei simply duck under the mountain's sword?

*ding*

Sin counter: 69

Whats with all these big crossbows? Haven't they ever heard of anti-aircraft guns?

*ding*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raccooon posted:

Did they explain why Jon and Dany split their forces? Why not just stay together and march down?

Who would drive the boats?
Could they fit hay for the horsies AND the horsies on the boats?
Would the Drangons eat the horsies???
How will Jon conspire with Hot Pie to poison Grey Worm if Grey Worm is at the inn at the crossroads too?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

wilderthanmild posted:

Sin counter: 69

Sin counter: 70.

niiiiiiice

*ding*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

uhhh how is this possible lmao

https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/1125409831190507521
https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/1125410238918791168

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Just Chamber posted:

Echoing Qyburn is the best and I loved the dawning realisation from Tyrion just how much of a sociopath he is

"I don't want to hear the screams of children."

"Yeah I wish the little fuckers would shut the gently caress up, too, but what're gonna do?"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Mad Men ended well, imo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Xanderkish posted:

Sin counter: 70.

niiiiiiice

*ding*

Why didnt Bran just warn them about ____?

Ding

Ding

Ding ding ding ding

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Goons making up mockeries of bad things cinemasins might say is some epic level displacement. What do y'all honestly think we're doing here?

Are y'all really playing like we don't sit here and make exactly those kinds of comments for page after page? This is so weird. Y'all need therapy or something.

Just Chamber posted:

We actually post this in the thread all the time lmao. Its come full circle now.

We were the real CinemaSins, goons. Its us. Embrace it.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

Y'all need therapy or something.

Hi yes i'm here what do you need

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Goons making up mockeries of bad things cinemasins might say is some epic level displacement. What do y'all honestly think we're doing here?

i feel like you've never watched a cinemasins because very very very few of the complaints in this thread have been at that level.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Quote posted:

Why the gently caress is anyone from that parley still alive? Cersei is a lunatic, but she isn't stupid. She could end everything and lock her reign down with no complications. Why the gently caress does the challenger to the throne show up to a parley, within ballista range? It's the stupidest thing that's happened in a show full of stupid things.

I'm choosing to believe that they weren't that close in "reality" and were only shown that close for the benefit of shooting the scene.

The last 2 episodes were so badly paced. Half the time it felt like the plot was moving slow as molasses and the other half it's moving at warp speed. It's a weird feeling to go from overdosing on slow-mo to just jump cuts to the other side of the continent. They spent multiple episodes traveling that far in the first season. At least it's over soon. Making it to the 3rd last episode before I just want it to be over ain't too bad.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Admiral Ray posted:

"I don't want to hear the screams of children."

"Yeah I wish the little fuckers would shut the gently caress up, too, but what're gonna do?"

I think this part was good. Tyrion did a good job, imo. Both where great.

---

Wait a minute, so theres only 2 episodes left?

next one - battle
final one - butter sweet ending

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Zaphod42 posted:

I am having fun passing the workday making jokes and talking with my beloved community of goons.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Zaphod42 posted:

That really sincerely felt like the writers telling us internet nerds to shut the gently caress up about specifics like how many soldiers lived.

You could nitpick to your hearts desire for the first four or five seasons and still find some reasoning behind happenings. GoT has been about suspending disbelief during ~magic~ but it's otherwise been somewhat rational and plausible. I'm not a movie/tv-show nerd at all and I'm pretty disappointed with this season, just wanting it to end.

I can only compare this disappointment to watching Matrix 2 and 3. So much wasted potential.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Crow Jane posted:

Mad Men ended well, imo.

Agreed

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Xanderkish posted:

I am having fun passing the workday making jokes and talking with my beloved community of goons.

His point is still somewhat right, given that CinemaSins kinda also does that, only for a living. Although, technically you might also do that, depending on how much of your posting happens during work hours. :sun:

Let's just all agree that this show is bad and it's fun to mock it for this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Goons Are Great posted:

His point is still somewhat right, given that CinemaSins kinda also does that, only for a living. Although, technically you might also do that, depending on how much of your posting happens during work hours. :sun:

Let's just all agree that this show is bad and it's fun to mock it for this.

:yeah:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

pepito sanchez posted:

You could nitpick to your hearts desire for the first four or five seasons and still find some reasoning behind happenings. GoT has been about suspending disbelief during ~magic~ but it's otherwise been somewhat rational and plausible. I'm not a movie/tv-show nerd at all and I'm pretty disappointed with this season, just wanting it to end.

I can only compare this disappointment to watching Matrix 2 and 3. So much wasted potential.

Much like what we’re getting with this show, Matrix 2 and 3 are only lovely compared to what you/we imagined they could be. Even if they fall short of the first film they’re still pretty good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Crow Jane posted:

Mad Men ended well, imo.
I didn't like it but if GoT was at that level there would be no complaints.

Six Feet Under asspulled the best ending ever despite being a really irritating show for a lot of its run. I dont think GoT will pull that off.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

as someone pointed out the cinemasins things aren't really jokes. there's videos of the main guy making the same kind of dumb complaints in his car after seeing a movie. they write a script as they watch a movie and never go back to fix "sins" even after the movie explains something later.

PT6A posted:

Much like what we’re getting with this show, Matrix 2 and 3 are only lovely compared to what you/we imagined they could be. Even if they fall short of the first film they’re still pretty good.

not at all.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

All of them except Dexter

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

PT6A posted:

Would you start watching this show if it started with this season?

Dont get me wrong this show is nowhere near house of cards level of deterioration. It's just blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

All of them except Dexter

We had the same thought! Nothing could be as bad as the ending of Dexter.