Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want Dany to go mad queen and burn KL off screen and next episode begins with Jon arriving to KL and seeing a dragon burn half the city down.

Basically recreate the Community walking in with pizzas and everything has gone horribly wrong but with dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President
Man, a lot of people who hate this show watch this show.

In this episode Jon sent his dire wolf away, ignored practical political advice in favor of honorable honesty, and the dragon he rode got murder-killed...

Foreshadowing!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Xanderkish posted:

I never saw Dexter. What made the ending so stupid?

his sister (the only other important character on the show) dies offscreen to a blood clot, Dexter wheels her body out of the hospital to the hospitals boat dock? dumps her body in the ocean, then rides off, into a hurricane, presumed dead, leaving his son with his serial killer girlfriend in another country and reappears somewhere else in a new life as a lumberjack

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Obama 2012 posted:

In this episode Jon sent his dire wolf away, ignored practical political advice in favor of honorable honesty, and the dragon he rode got murder-killed...

Foreshadowing!

When he did all that poo poo I was like "Kid, Ned may not have been your biological father but holy poo poo you are certainly his son."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Admiral Ray posted:

Ah, got it. That's lame. I dunno how many more seasons the actors would have been willing to do, either, but probably up to 9 seasons.

If the actors are getting tired of being on the show, that's maybe a sign their character should die soon. You could pretty conveniently kill anybody off to give them an out if they really wanted, especially now that we're post books. If you did it right away that'd be hokey, but if an actor/actress let you know "hey I kinda want to do other work the year after next" you could start writing a plot so they'd be out by halfway through the season or whatever, and you could plan that with them.

TheRat posted:

HBO begged D&D to make more episode/seasons. It's entirely on them.

It really is crazy they had the most successful show and just tanked it hardcore. Couldn't just hand it off to someone else either, they had to be the ones to finish it because it their baby, so they'll kill it themselves first, in the most rushed fashion possible.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it is hilarious how many people would kill to have their level of success and they just go eh let's just throw poo poo out there and end it early.

^

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Obama 2012 posted:

Foreshadowing!

I don't know what you're talking about. Things go great for the Stark kids when their direwolves aren't with them.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Cersei escapes to fantasy Europe and gives birth to a pair of twin boy and girl before she die of sadness. Euron gives the boy to hma farmer and the girl to a local royal family. Jaime retires as a hermit monk on a mountain near the boy.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

who nitpicks the nitpickers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wafflecopper posted:

The titular character, a serial killer, decides everything he touches turns to poo poo, so he gives his son to his serial killer girlfriend and tells them he'll meet them in South America. Then he fakes his own death and goes to Alaska to be a lumberjack.

Do you think he still murdered people in Alaska, cause I don't think the show ever addressed him like... getting over or curing his "dark passenger"

Should've had Doakes come back as a ghost

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

his sister (the only other important character on the show) dies offscreen to a blood clot, Dexter wheels her body out of the hospital to the hospitals boat dock? dumps her body in the ocean, then rides off, into a hurricane, presumed dead, leaving his son with his serial killer girlfriend in another country and reappears somewhere else in a new life as a lumberjack

This sounds like an amazing hot mess, and that is my favorite kind of mess.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Whatever turds drop these last two eps, at least book readers got the basic story beats so we can at least imagine the last two books

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Xanderkish posted:

I feel like it needs mentioning that his sister ends up with romantic feelings for him out of like loving nowhere.

who nitpicks the nitpickers

:allears:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Raccooon posted:

Writers needed a reason for Dany to snap so they need Missandei to get executed. How to solve the problem of getting her into the hands of Cersei was how the rest of that came about.

Also really lovely of the writers. I would probably at least given Grey Worm a win but starting to look like these dudes would have been better off left as slaves. Their life now has been constant warring to the point most of them are dead now.

- Dany's fleet shows up at King's Landing outside of artillery range.
- Missandei is sent on her skiff as a diplomat to try and negotiate and avoid an imminent siege. This is from a position of strength instead of just showing up at the front gates with 50 guys after you've already lost the advantage.

- Instead of negotiating they publicly execute her or do something awful to bait Dany. Repeat of Ramsey baiting Jon into breaking ranks by killing a loved one. Its like poetry, etc.

- Dany loses her cool, charges in alone with her dragons and loses one in a hail of ballista fire. She has to retreat humiliated, and now she vows to burn down the city because she's pissed off and can't see a peaceful alternative.

- Instead of just making squinty faces, Grey Worm now has the moral dilemma of witnessing Dany sending his lover off to die. They've sworn their lives to her, but he's bright enough to question whether she's just treating the former slaves as cannon fodder.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I feel like it needs mentioning that his sister ends up with romantic feelings for him out of like loving nowhere.

Weren't they married irl

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

You also need to add that him and his sister were played a married couple who ended divorcing and it was AFTER the divorce that the writers decided they should do an incest storyline.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

goodog posted:

- Missandei is sent on her skiff as a diplomat to try and negotiate and avoid an imminent siege. This is from a position of strength instead of just showing up at the front gates with 50 guys after you've already lost the advantage.

- Instead of negotiating they publicly execute her or do something awful to bait Dany. Repeat of Ramsey baiting Jon into breaking ranks by killing a loved one. Its like poetry, etc.

- Dany loses her cool, charges in alone with her dragons and loses one in a hail of ballista fire. She has to retreat humiliated, and now she vows to burn down the city because she's pissed off and can't see a peaceful alternative.

- Instead of just making squinty faces, Grey Worm now has the moral dilemma of Dany sending his lover off to die. They've sworn their lives to her, but he's bright enough to question whether she's just treating the former slaves as cannon fodder.

Yeah I dunno I'm just a humble show watcher but that sounds better to me. The only sticking point is why send Missandei and not Tyrion, but you could explain it as Dany being like "Cersei doesn't like you, lets try something else".

Then it back fires and she feels guilty for Missandei dying.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Macaluso posted:

Do you think he still murdered people in Alaska

Don't know, don't care. I was hatewatching for the last several seasons because my gf was invested and because the thread was legitimately entertaining

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dexter was an incredible decline from great to bad and then after hitting rock bottom it went ahead and started digging down and going even lower to depths previously unseen in television.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah when i saw the leaks in this thread i assumed she had been sent to cersei as an emissary and then cersei had her executed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Should've had Doakes come back as a ghost

Surprise, motherfucker!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

it's unfortunate that the finale of Dexter overshadowed the end of the Colin Hanks season where Dexter defeats Colin Hanks by injecting himself with horse tranquilizer only to reveal that it was a fakeout with no explanation as to why Dexter is immune to horse tranquilizer

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

goodog posted:

- Instead of just making squinty faces, Grey Worm now has the moral dilemma of witnessing Dany sending his lover off to die. They've sworn their lives to her, but he's bright enough to question whether she's just treating the former slaves as cannon fodder.

This would have been good. One thing I'd add is to have Dany still advocating for a first strike but Tyrion and Varys convince her to send Missandei as an emissary. That way both Dany and Grey Worm can channel their anger towards them and further drive Dany into hating all advisers.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

it was a fakeout with no explanation as to why Dexter is immune to horse tranquilizer

because he's not a horse, god, how are you so bad at watching tv

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I enjoy that they did the same budget saving trick as the battle of green fork - Tyrion gets knocked out and ends our POV. They reeaallly didnt want to have to shoot any more water scenes than neccesarry.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John Lithgow was my favorite part of Dexter.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

it's unfortunate that the finale of Dexter overshadowed the end of the Colin Hanks season where Dexter defeats Colin Hanks by injecting himself with horse tranquilizer only to reveal that it was a fakeout with no explanation as to why Dexter is immune to horse tranquilizer

Dexter had a druggie phase the show never told us about where he took tons of K

Wafflecopper posted:

because he's not a horse, god, how are you so bad at watching tv

Okay that's a good one

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Crimpolioni posted:

The knit that I can't avoid picking at is the idea that only half the army was lost at Winterfell. They were decimated at the very least and you won't convince me otherwise.

*pushes up glasses* if they lost half their troops, that means they were decimated more than six times over.

Checkmate hater; show is actually good now.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 6, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Xanderkish posted:

In the last season, Deb finds out about Dexter killing people and doesn't turn him in. Then she decides she's in love with him.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

I said come in! posted:

I was thinking that this morning. Like, how do you take an extra 12 months, only to write 6 episodes and have them turn out to be a sloppy mess? How do we go from how amazing season 1 was to this garbage?

Loads of people keep saying this and I've even seen someone do that "season 1-7 DVD boxes" picture. But this isn't the same show as it was in season 1 because season 1-5 are based on some pretty decent books.
It's changed because now the people who were just adapting are writing and they're really bad at it. I mean that's it, you can see it right here.

Obama 2012 posted:

I've always hated the show but I watch it because the people I live with want to - but I'm also curious to see what they do with the story. I don't get people who could watch 7 seasons of something and then just drop it when they decide it's bad now. Gotta see how it ends!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Cersei should have also killed Missandei at the top of the Red Keep in a giant fire to really taunt Dany instead of having Dany and crew roll up to within bow range. They only did that scene so they could get a shot of Drogon eat dirt and taking a dump in the background.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dexter would have these actors come in and do a fantastic job for a few episodes like Jimmy Smits and especially Jon Lithgow (Edward James Olmos showed up too at peak hype for him but he didnt do much) and then the show would make the strangest most disappointing turns. unrelated, but I still think about the name Chicky Hines every so often.

The dexter ending is hard to explain. It's a two minute sequence of him storming out of a hospital, sailing a boat into a storm, then a 20 second sequence of his being a lumberjack. Kind of have to watch it.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Also its lol as gently caress that terms like "Clegane-bowl" that you now see in traditional media pieces came from the same place that wrote a several hundred thousand word erotic fanfic about the series. Nobody ever brings that second part up.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

:lol:
Also just realized how Drogon looks at Rhaegal there. How sad.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

In the last season, Deb finds out about Dexter killing people and doesn't turn him in. Then she decides she's in love with him.

Ahead of its time.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dexter driving itself off a cliff in that final season was something to behold. I think that was the first time I was following an SA thread about a show I was watching, really made for a fun experience.

PostNouveau posted:

I love that the writers decided to put in a brother/sister romance after those same two actors had gotten divorced. Imagine if they had Cersei/Bronn clout and just refused to do scenes together.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 6, 2019

Roy Gato III
Jun 2, 2013

PT6A posted:

Much like what we’re getting with this show, Matrix 2 and 3 are only lovely compared to what you/we imagined they could be. Even if they fall short of the first film they’re still pretty good.

Please don't troll

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

No Wave posted:

Chicky Hines

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Thinking about the idea that they'll put armour on Drogon next episode,and A: where would they get it from and B: the wings are still a pretty big target for a deadeye like Euron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Dexter would have these actors come in and do a fantastic job for a few episodes like Jimmy Smits and especially Jon Lithgow (Edward James Olmos showed up too at peak hype for him but he didnt do much) and then the show would make the strangest most disappointing turns. unrelated, but I still think about the name Chicky Hines every so often.

The dexter ending is hard to explain. It's a two minute sequence of him storming out of a hospital, sailing a boat into a storm, then a 20 second sequence of his being a lumberjack.

lol I remember that one season where the killer is a tree trimmer and Dexter disappears and Deb can't find him in his apartment and she comes outside and notices *gasp* the trees have been trimmed! Cut to credits to be continued