Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Glenn Quebec posted:

Who gives a poo poo you promised him highgarden. Just agree to it and when it comes time for the ceremony of handing it over, have four guys with spears encircle him and slap him in irons. Then remind everyone to not be presumptuous with nobles and have him quartered.

Yeah that part doesn't make sense. In order to claim his castle Brown need to publicly lead the northern force back to KL. He should know that if he doesn't earn his title in battle, even the new Queen can't give him a region randomly. Kind of like that general who was second to George Washington and ran to the British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The worst part of game of thrones is my wife turning to me and saying that it was a great episode

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Glenn Quebec posted:

The worst part of game of thrones is my wife turning to me and saying that it was a great episode

So how old is Khaleesi now

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

This scene represents the danger that Bronn and Cersei now pose to Jaime and Tyrion, and we couldn't think of a better way to demonstrate that than to have Bronn point the crossbow that Cersei gave him, at the two brothers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

mine is so loving pissed that i read spoilers lol

I MISS FINDING THINGS OUT AT THE SAME TIME AS EACH OTHER

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So how old is Khaleesi now

Older than in the books probably. That's a largely good change they did from the books for the series from day one, and that is make most of the characters a little bit older than in the books. It was probably mostly done for convenience, but I'm grateful for it in any case. In the books Danaerys is 13 or something when she's married off and the early scenes with her are just astoundingly creepy to read.

I kind of hate the fact that the books kind of give you the impression that this was perfectly normal in past societies, when it actually wasn't, even in the Middle Ages girls weren't frequently married off immediately upon turning 13 or 14 or having their first period (though it should be noted that happened in other times and societies in history, notably in ancient Rome, where women were quickly married out of the family upon reaching maturity). In fact it seems more like the norm was, even for noble families, to marry in your early twenties and typically to someone pretty close to you in age (disparities and exceptions of course happened). I think there's even a theory that due to widespread malnutrition in medieval society, even amongst the aristocracy, people typically even entered puberty later in life than is the case in the modern era.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Older than in the books probably. That's a largely good change they did from the books for the series from day one, and that is make most of the characters a little bit older than in the books. It was probably mostly done for convenience, but I'm grateful for it in any case. In the books Danaerys is 13 or something when she's married off and the early scenes with her are just astoundingly creepy to read.

I kind of hate the fact that the books kind of give you the impression that this was perfectly normal in past societies, when it actually wasn't, even in the Middle Ages people weren't frequently married off immediately upon turning 13 or 14 or having their first period. In fact it seems more like the norm was, even for noble families, to marry in your early twenties and typically to someone pretty close to you in age (disparities and exceptions of course happened). I think there's even a theory that due to widespread malnutrition in medieval society, even amongst the aristocracy, people typically even entered puberty later in life than is the case in the modern era.

Dude it was a joke with the guy I was quoting, that he had named his kid Khaleesi because his wife still enjoys this bad show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lil Peeler posted:

dragons don't poop

So when they breathe fire, that's actually their poop function?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dude it was a joke with the guy I was quoting, that he had named his kid Khaleesi because his wife still enjoys this bad show.

Sure. I just took it as an excuse to go on a little rant.

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014
I like how they completely hosed her character. If she had done what she planned to do and not help out Jon first then she’d have KL by now and could have just circled back after.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Let's talk about 13 year olds and them having sex in the book (it totally skeeves me out so let's talk about it)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Randarkman posted:

Sure. I just took it as an excuse to go on a little rant.

So how old is Gundred now

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014
Also missandei dying was absolutely pointless other than making assholes feel cool for noticing that she DIED IN CHAINS OOooOoo guys Cersei is totally bad guy.

They were already going to attack KL and so now what? They’re going to do it EXTRA HARD extreme mode watch out guys now the mad queen is EXTRA MAD. wtf

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I can't believe they took an extra year off for this poo poo lol

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
the worst part of this show isn't the loving unreality of it or how fake and bullshit they make poo poo that crosses into reality, it's that they can't even follow their own loving bullshit rules they made up in the first place. If it fits whatever lame loving poo poo they want to pull off they'll instantly change them within the same episode because they have garbage loving writers.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

mad about thrones

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Honestly I hope Dany bugs out and burns everything.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Honestly I hope Dany bugs out and burns everything.

This, but I also hope she lights herself on fire with wildfire and runs around attacking people like the Human Torch

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Remember when they had to marry the Freys to cross the bridge between the North and the South? Apparently that river is much easier to travel past and that whole plot was a red herring

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I mean Cercei is going to try to blow up the city, right? They've already mentioned several times in past seasons that there's wildfire buried all over the place, Tyrion and Cercei know this from having worked with the pyromancers and Jaime knows it because that's why he killed the Mad King in the first place, and there's a scene where he tells Brienne about it.

Though I guess having poo poo pay off in some way isn't how DnD like to roll.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

bubblebee posted:

I like how they completely hosed her character. If she had done what she planned to do and not help out Jon first then she’d have KL by now and could have just circled back after.

Mad Queen Dany has been inevitable since like book 2. It feels unearned in the show because the show runners care more about big crazy plot twists than having storylines and themes, but there were inklings of it back in the good seasons too.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
My favourite part of this season are the shorts afterwards where the writers explain every little nuance to avoid doubt.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

tHe gReAtEsT sWoRdSmAn WhO eVeR lIvEd DiDnT hAvE a SwOrD?!??!?

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
"The slave girl's final words were the dragon burn command thing, that's a clear sign to the dragon lady to burn stuff"

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I'm rhaegal with the hosed up wing who can't fly well cause Dany can't wait five loving minutes who gets sniped out of the sky

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm rhaegal with the hosed up wing who can't fly well cause Dany can't wait five loving minutes who gets sniped out of the sky

that busted wing was unfulfilled chekhov's gun #592 of this series, i wouldn't worry about it too much

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

im sry ur ded friend

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bubblebee posted:

Also missandei dying was absolutely pointless other than making assholes feel cool for noticing that she DIED IN CHAINS OOooOoo guys Cersei is totally bad guy.

They were already going to attack KL and so now what? They’re going to do it EXTRA HARD extreme mode watch out guys now the mad queen is EXTRA MAD. wtf

Westerosi meeting etiquette doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cersei definitely wants Tyrion dead and tried to have him assassinated, but spares him during their face to face? When executing a hostage is apparently just fine? It's not like she's even pretending to care what anyone thinks about her observing societal norms or rules of war after blowing up the church.

And what's with Varys developing this sudden itch to take Danaerys out when she sacrificed her own goals/army to help protect the realm? The worst thing she's otherwise done was turn a couple of lords into smores.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dany: I marched all the way up here to help you with your stupid little save humanity quibble, and now you tell me you can't help me defeat an entire continent because you're tired?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Glenn Quebec posted:

imagine if that was a plot element, like the good dragon can just barely dodge the spears but the other one cant move like it used to and gets clipped and dies

idk probably better to just get it done and over with in 10 seconds and have zero emotional weight to it, nobody liked the dragons probly

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The way the dramatic music cut right as the first bolt landed just a few seconds into the sweeping travel montage scene made for some decent comic timing imo

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I miss Tywin. He wouldn't have let that uppity merc pull that bullshit. He also would have stopped Cersei's 9/11

Tywin owned

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lil Peeler posted:

The direwolves, an almost extinct species of supernaturally large apex predators, are found in the first scene of the first book. There are exactly six, and the sixth wolf, taken by the bastard son of the group, is albino. The wolves are hinted and foreshadowed as being inexorably linked to each of the characters.

Then they all get put on busses or are killed off screen without doing jack poo poo lol

Apparently they were hugely expensive to keep working into the show (CGI).

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also that first dragon's neck exploded in fire when it got hit, and the most recent one just bled. i bet it comes back and attacks from under the water and its not actually dead. otoh, it put up more of a fight than the night king so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

That Bronn scene was easily the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Q: What does a dragon even poop, anyway? *

A: Whatever it wants. *

* indicates line should be poorly delivered.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

*is flying shittily next to mom* gently caress my wing hurts. *Looks sheepily at her for cursing and then my neck torso and face explodes*

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Infinite Karma posted:

Remember when they had to marry the Freys to cross the bridge between the North and the South? Apparently that river is much easier to travel past and that whole plot was a red herring

That was before Qyburn invented teleportation devices.

I remember in season 1, the Baratheons coming up to Winterfel was a huge deal since it was a pretty long journey. Now with a snap of your fingers, you can be between the two with a single scene transition.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I mean poo poo, Euron can teleport his entire navy around to wherever its most convenient to wreck the heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

also that first dragon's neck exploded in fire when it got hit, and the most recent one just bled. i bet it comes back and attacks from under the water and its not actually dead. otoh, it put up more of a fight than the night king so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They added a scene with Euron and Circe where he talks about how the dragon is absolutely completely dead and how he personally watched it die.

So the dragon is 100% coming back.