Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Wasn't that the movie where the director wanted to make it a superhero horror film but the execs wouldn't let him but then IT was insanely popular so they backtracked and ordered reshoots to restore the horror elements?

Re-shoots that still have not yet happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That's really lovely.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

on the acting front i could understand not knowing how something's going to turn out since you only have your slice of the production to judge off of. but how do the people at the higher levels who have a bird's eye view not realize it.

"It will be saved in the edit."

Stallone talks about how First Blood (1982) was resuscitated this way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTDwtHhR5qA

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

I just watched a doc on Malcolm McDowell (O Lucky Malcolm!) and he seems to sort of shrug off making bad movies because it's still work and he still has fun making them.
My favorite bit like this was in a Playboy interview with Christopher Walken. They asked him "What's the deal? You won an Oscar for The Deer Hunter! You stole the show in Pulp Fiction! Why the hell do you just pop up in stuff like The Rundown and Balls of Fury??"

Walken: Well, my kids are grown, I don't have any hobbies, so when I get back from shooting a movie, I just do whichever one is on the top of the pile my agent puts on my desk of whatever he thinks would be fun for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't seen Balls of Fury, but he was a lot of fun in The Rundown.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I haven't seen Balls of Fury, but he was a lot of fun in The Rundown.

Oh no doubt, he's a lot of fun in everything. It's just... he doesn't have to be in anything he doesn't want to, and he still has zero discretion.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just finished Vice Principles and I'm wondering what's a good movie to watch with Walton Goggins? because that guy is awesome.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I just finished Vice Principles and I'm wondering what's a good movie to watch with Walton Goggins? because that guy is awesome.

He's great in The Hateful Eight.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

veni veni veni posted:

shows not movies but The Shield and Justified are both immensely watchable and have a heapin helpin of Goggins

e: he plays a real bastard in Django Unchained

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 7, 2019

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
He was so good as the antagonist in the first episode of Justified that they kept him in the rest of the show. So the story goes. Fantastic, underwatched show.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Enos Cabell posted:

He's great in The Hateful Eight.

seconded

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Movie-wise, the only things that have really used him well are the aforementioned Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.

You can get a good Goggins fix from Justified and The Shield though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LesterGroans posted:

Movie-wise, the only things that have really used him well are the aforementioned Hateful Eight and Django Unchained.

You can get a good Goggins fix from Justified and The Shield though.

I can't recommend The Shield enough (as well as Justified, but I haven't finished it yet).

I think The Shield has my favourite series finale ever.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't recommend The Shield enough (as well as Justified, but I haven't finished it yet).

I think The Shield has my favourite series finale ever.

It really is one of the best wrap-ups a series has ever had.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Uh Sad lack of Predators itt.

Also, he plays I assume the villain in the new Tomb Raider but I haven’t seen it. Has anybody?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

He was an ant-agonist in Ant-Man and The Wasp

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Remulak posted:

Uh Sad lack of Predators itt.

Also, he plays I assume the villain in the new Tomb Raider but I haven’t seen it. Has anybody?

Yeah, it's surprisingly good. He's a real bastard in it :)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I imagine most of you aren't into young adult movies and didn't see him in the last Maze Runner movie, so here is his main scene. Outside of that he doesn't appear much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJZG9VdZk5M

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

His portrayal of "Downtown" in Major League 3: Back to the Minors is far better than the material deserves. This is not an ironic post, this is sincerely believed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He was the warden in G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Are there any watchable seaside community gets terrorized movies I've missed. I've got Jaws + sequels, Piranha + sequels, Orca, Humanoids from the Deep, and The Shallows.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Well 'watchable' might be the trouble
https://youtu.be/G44q9TQD1Lk

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not what you're looking for, but Ponyo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Human Tornada posted:

Are there any watchable seaside community gets terrorized movies I've missed. I've got Jaws + sequels, Piranha + sequels, Orca, Humanoids from the Deep, and The Shallows.

The Fog

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Human Tornada posted:

Lake Placid is lakeside, but good.

Zombeavers? Shark Night?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Horror of Party Beach :troll:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Horror of Party Beach :troll:

Love it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Would The Host, the Korean monster movie, count? It's not the same kind of place as those are, but it's definitely seaside.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Messiah of Evil and Dead & Buried are two seaside movies nobody ever thinks of as seaside.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Leavemywife posted:

Would The Host, the Korean monster movie, count? It's not the same kind of place as those are, but it's definitely seaside.

I almost suggested that. Was it an oceanfront or a river though?

If you're looking for water monsters eating people, that's certainly a good one.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The Birds. If the thing doing the terrorizing isn't from the water itself, that is.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Krispy Wafer posted:

I almost suggested that. Was it an oceanfront or a river though?

If you're looking for water monsters eating people, that's certainly a good one.

I know there's a beach there, but I cannot remember if it's ocean or just a big river. I might need to re-watch the movie, not only to answer this question, but because it's a good movie.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
It comes out of the Han River.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
grabbers

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Cape Fear?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Enos Cabell posted:

Not what you're looking for, but Ponyo.

Ponyo is just a lovely film that everyone should watch regardless.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Human Tornada posted:

Not entirely what you're asking for I guess, but I can't help but recommending the BBC miniseries Southcliffe about a seaside community that gets terrorized:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyi3yyBHNEw

Excellent actors, excellent script, excellent direction.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Human Tornada posted:

the lost boys

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Is it better to watch the Cremaster cycle in order of release (4, 1, 5, 2, 3) or in numerical order by title (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)? Never seen any of them but been curious about the series for years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Release, at least to see them improve technically and in ambition.

edit: But I saw 2 and 3 first since they came here as part of a film festival when 3 was new. It doesn't really matter.

edit edit: I missed seeing River of Fundament at the movies and I'm still bummed about it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 12, 2019