Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Preston Waters posted:

when are we gonna see a fuckin purple light saber in this trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
seriously tho i'm tired of blue vs red

like the first movie I understand, but Anakin's lightsaber doesn't really mean poo poo like it did in the first movie. If it's some relic or something, who cares, why repair it instead of crafting a new one?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Preston Waters posted:

when are we gonna see a fuckin green light saber in this trilogy

The Last Jedi.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Preston Waters posted:

when are we gonna see a fuckin green light saber in this trilogy

Never, they don't want us to remember Luke. :) It's all about Rey now.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yoda tried to tell us there is another, after all

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Somehow it seems to me that the sequel trilogy is trying to make things look as boring as possible. Everything has to look like in the OT but muddled and washed out. For example the bombers in TLJ - they resemble the B-Wings but are not as weird and interesting (though frankly i'm not sure if we saw the b-wing switching to attack position in ROTJ).

Kylo's lightsaber stands out and so does his mask but that's about it. The worst example might be Han Solo's freighter because we barely even see it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Kylo's mask is an hilarious bit of bad design. It really doesn't seem that JJ intended it as "Vader but stupid" even after Rian tried to throw him a freebie. I can't even picture his lightsaber.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kylo was high as gently caress on Deathsticks when he commissioned that helmet.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Preston Waters posted:

seriously tho i'm tired of blue vs red

like the first movie I understand, but Anakin's lightsaber doesn't really mean poo poo like it did in the first movie. If it's some relic or something, who cares, why repair it instead of crafting a new one?

Presumably it's easier to repair a broken saber than building it from scratch, because most of the work is already done?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Captain Jesus posted:

Somehow it seems to me that the sequel trilogy is trying to make things look as boring as possible. Everything has to look like in the OT but muddled and washed out. For example the bombers in TLJ - they resemble the B-Wings but are not as weird and interesting (though frankly i'm not sure if we saw the b-wing switching to attack position in ROTJ).

Kylo's lightsaber stands out and so does his mask but that's about it. The worst example might be Han Solo's freighter because we barely even see it.

They probably had a mandate to ape the OT aesthetic as hard as they could while still changing just enough that they could sell new toys. I'm sure Disney's stance is "if the movies don't look like Star Wars, then what was the point of spending 4 billion dollars on the IP?"

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Preston Waters posted:

Because it's a thing from the original trilogy, and is therefore special and important. Like Han's dice!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Lol the dice that he loved so much!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Disney either forgot that Anakin's saber is covered in the blood of space-children, or they're going to cut that part out of the prequel story when they reboot it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Blood Boils posted:

Lol the dice that he loved so much!

Han's Signature Dice

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Friendship Ended with HANS DICE

Now HANS MEDAL is My Best Friend

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Disney either forgot that Anakin's saber is covered in the blood of space-children, or they're going to cut that part out of the prequel story when they reboot it.

His new crime will be stealing a cache of Limited Edition Jedi Gear(tm).

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

thrawn527 posted:

Presumably it's easier to repair a broken saber than building it from scratch, because most of the work is already done?

Luke Skywalker as able to build one in a cave! With a box of scraps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BsjVlVSLs

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I like to think snoke was the hide and seek champion of the jedi younglings and dodged order 66. So getting chopped by the Vader saber was always in the cards it just took 50 years

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
New Star Wars release schedule announced

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1125802890310742016?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

edit: wrong thread

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can’t wait for UNTITLED MARVEL in 2022.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Can’t wait for UNTITLED MARVEL in 2022.

cant believe they spoiled that captain marvel loses her commission right in the title

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

who the gently caress releases a movie schedule eight years into the future lol

It's totally not subject to change guys srsly

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

garycoleisgod posted:

Years ago there was a website called Internet Grudge Match or something similar. They would have fights between pop-culture characters (e.g. John McClane vs The Death Star) which would be decided on by fan vote and also have "humorous" entries from fans detailing how a chosen competitor would win the fight.

One time they had a Boba Fett vs Predator match and my first thought on seeing it was "...Who the gently caress is Boba Fett?", even though I had seen all three OT films many times. I then clicked on the link and seeing the picture and going "Oh, that guy! What a loser"

He easily won the fan vote because the internet makes you stupid, Predator would have kicked the poo poo out of him.

Hi I'm Bob Fett and I'll be doing your taxes today.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Slutitution posted:

who the gently caress releases a movie schedule eight years into the future lol

It's totally not subject to change guys srsly

Zack Snyder's eye just started twitching uncontrollably.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeesh a Bob's burgers movie?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Yeesh a Bob's burgers movie?

All the other cartoon to show movies were fine and typically better than the show seasons around the time the movies came out (ie. Simpsons); I don't see an issue with this.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

The Bob's Burgers movie gave me an eerie sense that once superhero comics stop being the standard fodder for hollywood blockbusters the trend'll move to cartoons like Adventure Time or something

e: Imagine King of the Hill ... now in stunning live-action

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

J_RBG posted:

The Bob's Burgers movie gave me an eerie sense that once superhero comics stop being the standard fodder for hollywood blockbusters the trend'll move to cartoons like Adventure Time or something

There will be a live-action Simpsons movie shortly before the collapse of civilization in 2045 or so.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Worse, it'll be "live-action" in the same way The Lion King remake is.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

J_RBG posted:

the Beavis and Butthead movie was a huge deal when it came out bc I couldnt see it but wanted to

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is constable zuvio gonna be in this movie

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’ve got my Constable Zuvio action figure from the Force Friday event and I’m all set to see him and other exciting new characters in Disney/Lucasfilm's new Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
More on the apparent Luke/Leia post-RotJ flashback in TRoS:

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/05/rumor-did-billie-lourd-help-bring-back-princess-leia-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker/

Wonder if Leia will have any lines. On a technical level, I'm really interested in how they might mine old lines from cut scenes or interviews to give Leia more dialogue. It's always been morbidly interesting to see how creative they can get to finish out performances. The pinnacle probably being the great work they did with Oliver Reed in Gladiator.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 16, 2019

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blast Fantasto posted:

ACZAB

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

You just know that Abrams is going to put him in as a dumb wink to the memes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Violator
May 15, 2003

Is that Director and the Jedi documentary any good?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The one on the TLJ release? Yes, it's candid and informative. It doesn't really cover the post-release hubbub, due to when it was made and released, which would have been interesting to see covered too. Johnson explains his thought process around a lot of the decisions he made, whether they work for the viewer is another matter I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Violator posted:

Is that Director and the Jedi documentary any good?

I thought it was great because Mark Hamill. Also Rian Johnson comes across like a great guy who gave everything a lot of thought, no matter how you disagree with him. I really do think 8 will be seen as the best Episode from this trilogy years on down the line. It'll never be Empire, but anyone who expected that is out of their mind.