Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

That particular joke might be more timely when responding to an attack that doesn't have actual casualties.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Truely the highest justification for a pregnant women terrorist and a 14 month old terrorist to be killed in legitimate warfare by the armed forces, Jesus Christ.
:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Apologies, my brain is so poisoned by people’s terrible opinions online that there is no satirical or ironic viewpoint that is not as extreme as some people’s actual, genuinely held opinions, that eventually it becomes impossible to tell the different.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Drone_Fragger posted:

Apologies, my brain is so poisoned by people’s terrible opinions online that there is no satirical or ironic viewpoint that is not as extreme as some people’s actual, genuinely held opinions, that eventually it becomes impossible to tell the different.

I mean, this is the exact idiotic justification every single racist uncle gives after falling for an onion article. "the fact I believed it shows how true it is!". It is not "impossible" to tell that is a joke.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It is also astonishing that someone who spends any time in cspam or even D&D not know who Donny Getfiscal is

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Mr. Lobe posted:

It is also astonishing that someone who spends any time in cspam or even D&D not know who Donny Getfiscal is

Wasn't be permabanned shortly after LF was shut down? It's been like five years.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I don't take back anything, pregnant women have indeed been killed by the IDF and I have personally heard people defend these killings.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

By popular demand posted:

I don't take back anything, pregnant women have indeed been killed by the IDF and I have personally heard people defend these killings.

So that is that then? Every fake thing you hear is true forever now and you are totally justified and you never have to investigate or think about anything ever again no matter how clearly something is just a joke?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wouldn't go that far, this thing was a joke but I still want to smash the state for everything else.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I'm not sure exactly what "gotcha" you think you have here Owl, but you don't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hamas killing people is obviously bad but the ultimate fault lies with israel for not only propping up hamas in its early days to weaken the plo but also for creating the situation in which the palestinians voted for them. that's not even getting into how many palestinians israel kills when these rockets don't even kill anyone.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Surprisingly, this latest round of conflict seems to have led to a Hamas victory: Israel has agreed to a new ceasefire, in which they reportedly promise to implement the reforms promised for the previous ceasefire deal within a week. It remains to be seen how long that'll last (I'd expect Israel to start withdrawing those concessions shortly after Eurovision ends), but for now, the violence is over. Source: https://www.timesofisrael.com/gaza-official-israel-agreed-to-implement-ceasefire-concessions-within-a-week/

In other news, a joint Israeli-Palestinian memorial service for Israel's Memorial Day will go ahead as planned, now that the Supreme Court has overturned Bibi's attempt to block it by denying entry permits to the Palestinian attendees. Commenting on the decision, Bibi said that "There is no place for a memorial ceremony comparing the blood of our people and that of terrorists".

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

'PREGNANT WOMAN '?! surely you mean a terrorist hatchery!

:smithicide: god drat this progressive democracy and moral army.

She's the Israeli Minister of Justice now lol.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Not for long, though!

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

'PREGNANT WOMAN '?! surely you mean a terrorist hatchery!

:smithicide: god drat this progressive democracy and moral army.

Well, I saw this:

"but the mother and baby niece were killed by a Hamas rocket that fell short. Even Gaza News Agency says that."

Is that true?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Madkal posted:

I assure everyone that mainstream israeli society is not okay with Hitler.

Then why are they all Nazis?

https://twitter.com/DrisssMalek/status/1125527231500095488

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Yes she is an idiot. Now go around asking Israelis if they agree with Hitler. I assure you that outside of an idiot Rabbi they would say no.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Madkal posted:

Yes she is an idiot. Now go around asking Israelis if they agree with Hitler. I assure you that outside of an idiot Rabbi they would say no.

I suspect most of Bibi's supporters think this is a GOOD THING.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Madkal posted:

I mean they'll say that, sure, but if you rephrase the question and switch out the ethnicities a lot of them will be on board with the early nazi policies. The settlers wouldn't mind the later policies either, even if they won't admit it for :decorum: reasons. They'd rather the Palestinians just go away, but failing that..

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Madkal posted:

If you switched out the word Jew with Muslim in Mien Kampf they'd agree word for word.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Miftan posted:

The settlers wouldn't mind the later policies either, even if they won't admit it for :decorum: reasons.
Settlers 100% absolutely would happily admit it at every chance, just as long as you don't make it too blatant you're cribbing directly from Nazis.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Settlers 100% absolutely would happily admit it at every chance, just as long as you don't make it too blatant you're cribbing directly from Nazis.

Some, definitely. Itzhar, etc. The rest of them need some coaxing before they'll come out with 'kill all gentiles' in my experience.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

But on the other hand the people protesting the joint Israeli-Palestinian memorial service were chanting 'Leftists get in the ghetto' sooooo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Miftan posted:

But on the other hand the people protesting the joint Israeli-Palestinian memorial service were chanting 'Leftists get in the ghetto' sooooo

lol there will be goose stepping in Jerusalem and we'll still be getting into decorum debates

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Gonzo McFee posted:

Then why are they all Nazis?
This is where you remind yourself of everyone in Israel who didn't vote for Bibi & friends.

Miftan posted:

Per ynet, ~200 protestors. Compared to ~9000 in the memorial itself (didn't find english source, sorry).

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Gun Jam posted:

This is where you remind yourself of everyone in Israel who didn't vote for Bibi & friends.

Per ynet, ~200 protestors. Compared to ~9000 in the memorial itself (didn't find english source, sorry).

That's just the people who turned out to protest (on loving memorial day) , not the many more who agree with them.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gun Jam posted:

How long has Netanyahu been in charge? Decades?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gun Jam posted:

Sorry the majority of the country are Nazis.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Miftan posted:

I mean they'll say that, sure, but if you rephrase the question and switch out the ethnicities a lot of them will be on board with the early nazi policies. The settlers wouldn't mind the later policies either, even if they won't admit it for :decorum: reasons. They'd rather the Palestinians just go away, but failing that..

I mean, Bibi luckily bridged the divide by claiming at the World Zionist Congress that Hitler didn't even want to do the holocaust, the dastardly Palestinians did and hence they're behind it all.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

VideoGameVet posted:

Well, I saw this:

"but the mother and baby niece were killed by a Hamas rocket that fell short. Even Gaza News Agency says that."

Is that true?

When reporting on conflict zones, "is that true" is often a difficult question to answer, and a far more appropriate question would be "who claims it's true". After all, the only people who have any way of knowing what caused any particular explosion are the IDF, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad, none of whom are exactly unbiased sources. This is especially true since this particular claim is one that the Israeli right makes every time an Israeli airstrike kills a particularly sympathetic victim.

Well, first off, "even Gaza News Agency says that". From that, you'd naturally expect that it's either a journalistic organization or a Hamas media outlet. In fact, it's neither. It's an anti-Hamas, "anti-extremist" Twitter account of unknown origin that spends basically all its time calling out Muslims for being too violent and extreme, insisting that Hamas is the true occupier of Gaza and that peace would happen in no time at all if not for Hamas' unprovoked attacks on poor helpless Israel:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124837701155479553
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124844170630316040
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124846075901304833

So not really a reliable source, and there's no sign that the person running that account even lives in Gaza; they certainly don't tweet any local news. Who else are making that claim? I could only find two other sources. The first, of course, is the IDF themselves, who are hardly a reliable source:
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1125001868667760641

The other one is the Jerusalem Post, who claim that Israel's (paywalled) TPS news agency says that a Telegram account related to Hamas briefly claimed that an Islamic Jihad leaker had told them that the baby was killed by an Islamic Jihad rocket.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1125580551627444225
Maybe, but a lot of Israeli news sites source stuff from TPS, so why are J Post the only ones making this claim on their English site? Usually, when only one outlet runs with a story like that, I take that as a sign that it's a dodgy tale that most other outlets rejected as likely untrue.

So that lays out all of the sourcing I was able to find on that claim. Personally, I don't rate it as credible, but it's unlikely we'll ever have real proof one way or another.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Madkal posted:

Why do they vote for the people who love Hitler? What is the moral difference between going around in public, praising Hitler, and reserving the Hitler love for casting one's vote in the elections?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

When reporting on conflict zones, "is that true" is often a difficult question to answer, and a far more appropriate question would be "who claims it's true". After all, the only people who have any way of knowing what caused any particular explosion are the IDF, Hamas, and Islamic Jihad, none of whom are exactly unbiased sources. This is especially true since this particular claim is one that the Israeli right makes every time an Israeli airstrike kills a particularly sympathetic victim.

Well, first off, "even Gaza News Agency says that". From that, you'd naturally expect that it's either a journalistic organization or a Hamas media outlet. In fact, it's neither. It's an anti-Hamas, "anti-extremist" Twitter account of unknown origin that spends basically all its time calling out Muslims for being too violent and extreme, insisting that Hamas is the true occupier of Gaza and that peace would happen in no time at all if not for Hamas' unprovoked attacks on poor helpless Israel:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124837701155479553
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124844170630316040
https://mobile.twitter.com/GazaNewsAgency/status/1124846075901304833

So not really a reliable source, and there's no sign that the person running that account even lives in Gaza; they certainly don't tweet any local news. Who else are making that claim? I could only find two other sources. The first, of course, is the IDF themselves, who are hardly a reliable source:
https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1125001868667760641

The other one is the Jerusalem Post, who claim that Israel's (paywalled) TPS news agency says that a Telegram account related to Hamas briefly claimed that an Islamic Jihad leaker had told them that the baby was killed by an Islamic Jihad rocket.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jerusalem_Post/status/1125580551627444225
Maybe, but a lot of Israeli news sites source stuff from TPS, so why are J Post the only ones making this claim on their English site? Usually, when only one outlet runs with a story like that, I take that as a sign that it's a dodgy tale that most other outlets rejected as likely untrue.

So that lays out all of the sourcing I was able to find on that claim. Personally, I don't rate it as credible, but it's unlikely we'll ever have real proof one way or another.

Stunned, but not surprised

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

steinrokkan posted:

Why do they vote for the people who love Hitler? What is the moral difference between going around in public, praising Hitler, and reserving the Hitler love for casting one's vote in the elections?

Until Bibi comes out and says "Hitler was right" I am still going to say most Israelis aren't okay with Hitler. Yes there is fascist language being used and a shitload of othering but to say "these (Jews) are okay with Hitler" is a bridge I just don't see ever being crossed. Do a disagree with what is being said, yes. Do I think that they are voting for someone who loves Hitler. No. Israeli politics are a bit more complicated than "I think this guy loves Hitler, I will vote for them" and the fact that Israeli governments depend on coalitions shows that they don't vote on mass for one party despite their policies.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

They don't love hitler, they just support his policies when you word them right and then vote for the people promising to enact said policies

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Booourns posted:

They don't love hitler, they just support his policies when you word them right and then vote for the people promising to enact said policies

This I kind of agree with (minus the whole industrialized death machine). It is closer to the segregation of Apartheid South Africa (minus a few nitpicky details like citizens rights for those living within Israeli borders despite the rhetoric of right wing nutjob politicians). Sadly the country that was born out of the Holocaust has forgotten the lessons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Turns out AIPAC is fine with BDS

https://twitter.com/aipac/status/1126237094714773509?s=21

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah but that’s for a legitimate reason (putting pressure on and eventual change of a repressive regime) by targeting their economic sectors, whereas BDS against Israel is for an illegitimate reason (putting pressure on and attempting to change a legal and legitimately elected regime). Nothing in common.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Madkal posted:

This I kind of agree with (minus the whole industrialized death machine). It is closer to the segregation of Apartheid South Africa (minus a few nitpicky details like citizens rights for those living within Israeli borders despite the rhetoric of right wing nutjob politicians). Sadly the country that was born out of the Holocaust has forgotten the lessons.
I don't think you quite understand the post you're quoting....

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Turns out AIPAC is fine with BDS

Conservatives hypocrites? No way!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
This ad is popping up on Irish twitter:

Hopefully this means our push to boycott is working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Why does Israel hate Iran so much? Light reading suggests they had good relations before 79? Is it just transitive hostility inherited from America's conflict with the Islamic Republic, or is there some special factor in Israel's domestic politics causing this? I wasn't aware of Iran itself caring all that much about the Palestinians, although unsurprisingly Israel seems to claim Iran funds Hamas

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 17, 2019