Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/gnuman1979/status/1124464523501613058?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niuRWJgiv7o

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Spotted a GIF of this the other day without sound, so glad someone found the actual video :lol:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/breesophiebree/status/1125430692056326145

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://youtu.be/XOTl4q0q6lQ

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1125477467823566848

My wife disagrees with me, but baby crabs are adorable

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Technocrat posted:

Your wife is wrong :3:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Found this spider in the yard, thought it was gorgeous but my gf said it was horrible and wanted it dead. It still lives!
SPOOKY SPIDER TRIGGER WARNING:
maybe not cute though, sorry.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 15:00 on May 7, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Please spoiler tag that! My arachnophobia isn't fun to deal with!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Get a grip, they are everywhere in the world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LifeSunDeath posted:

Get a grip, they are everywhere in the world.

Be cool, dude. It's not a big deal to spoiler things that are common phobias. Otherwise our phobic goonfriends can't enjoy the cute thread at all.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Be cool, dude. It's not a big deal to spoiler things that are common phobias. Otherwise our phobic goonfriends can't enjoy the cute thread at all.

Fine, whatever.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, lets be nice. I really don't want to see this thread lose people.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Spiders are rad as hell

Thanks for eating all those goddamn flies and mosquitoes, little guys

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Robin is an awesome Russian man who posts youtube videos of him feeding stray cats and helping get them adopted. He posted a video today where he found two adorable abandoned kittens that he has now taken home to take care of until they get homes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvX8zPAv8pA

Robin rules, if you like cats and the most chill Russian dude online then watch his stuff.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Robin is an awesome Russian man who posts youtube videos of him feeding stray cats and helping get them adopted. He posted a video today where he found two adorable abandoned kittens that he has now taken home to take care of until they get homes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvX8zPAv8pA

Robin rules, if you like cats and the most chill Russian dude online then watch his stuff.

Im with the commenters: gently caress whoever left them on the street.

also: why do I never find free cats on the street? both of mine came from the pound and cost a ton in adoption fees. In Russia free cute kittens!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Blackchamber posted:

also: why do I never find free cats on the street? both of mine came from the pound and cost a ton in adoption fees. In Russia free cute kittens!

Dude has found so many he even has a second apartment he rents just for the kittens and cats he finds. He just adopted out 4 kittens he found and now he has two more along with the last kitten he had before.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Try living out in the country. Beyond my back fence I've seen hoards of cats and kittens just ranging around the field, they need a home that is not mine.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Beans had a very important business meeting yesterday. Wore a tie so he'd look professional, but the robots show he can still have fun.

Later on he got to hang out with his buddy Theo.

The whole day just tuckered the poor guy out.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I like Robin's videos because they're always exactly what the title says they are. "Kittens come out of a hole, eat food, and mew."

And that's exactly what you get.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Technocrat posted:

I disagree with your wife, but they are arachnids, so it makes since that looking at them would not cause I person to be "omg! Look how tiny and cute! It even has Disney eyes!"

Now I gotta go find the nautilus video of the crab tickling a cat shark. I had the thought before the dude in the video said the same thing, cause that crab went right for the ribs. Oh wait. I don't have wifi right now so can't go grab the video for you.

There is also a video of a crab carrying around another crab's leg. So it can club other crabs with the much larger crab's leg. I have no clue if that makes it the psycho of crab land or just super cool in the eyes of other crabs.

Bored has a new favorite as of 16:41 on May 7, 2019

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bored posted:

I disagree with your wife, but they are arachnids, so it makes since that looking at them would not cause I person to be "omg! Look how tiny and cute! It even has Disney eyes!"

Now I gotta go find the nautilus video of the crab tickling a cat shark. I had the thought before the dude in the video said the same thing, cause that crab went right for the ribs. Oh wait. I don't have wifi right now so can't go grab the video for you.

Please get on the wai-fais. Want to see that video.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Spiders are awesome. They eat mosquitos, they usually leave me alone, they're great.

But arachnophobia isn't a choice, and I feel fear when I see one. I know they just want to avoid me and do their things in peace, but my brain is all "TERROR ALERT KILLER RUN" and :sigh:

Thank you for spoilering the spider.

Heavy Hands
Jan 1, 2006

Helmut
the
Mysterion

Bored posted:

There is also a video of a crab carrying around another crab's leg. So it can club other crabs with the much larger crab's leg. I have no clue if that makes it the psycho of crab land or just super cool in the eyes of other crabs.

While crabs and arachnids (and insects and some others) are all arthropods, crabs aren't arachnids.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
CRABS AREN’T BUGS!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Sea bugs are real, and strong, and boiling in my pot.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bobby Digital posted:

CRABS AREN’T BUGS!

Bugs of the sea. Also I use this thread as an example of how content warnings should actually work because of how you handle spider posts. It's not about coddling or censorship, but compromise so all participants can enjoy the thread.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Bored posted:

They are arthropods like spiders, but in a very different subphylum.

Ennyhoo, yes, that would make him the Fonzie of the crab community. They're a few decades behind us higher mammals in cultural references.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

horseshoe crabs are techically arachnids but they're also not really crabs
i think they're pretty cute anyway

(those crabs are really cute though, tiny babies with tippy tappy feet :kimchi: )

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

vaguely posted:

horseshoe crabs are techically arachnids but ...

They're either related to arachnids or they are arachnids, depending on who you ask.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/AAAAAGGHHHH/status/1125309136969748480
You Died :darksouls:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Bobby Digital posted:

CRABS AREN’T BUGS!

Ironically certain taxonomy theories suggest the opposite, kinda like how Fish is a useless grouping(for example a Tuna is closer related to us than it is to a Shark), and how Reptiles and Birds are groups that have been causing a ton of headaches in the last couple of decades as well

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

I remember reading that there are evolutionary psychological reasons for it; spiders and snakes freak people the gently caress out because so many of them are nasty poisonous. While most phobias can be overcome arachnophobia is one of the toughest ones to get rid of.

Then again I think spiders are cool as hell; I found a wolf spider in my kitchen yesterday and was like "yay a spider bro!"

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 22:20 on May 7, 2019

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/1125872043537457153

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Floof

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I remember reading that there are evolutionary psychological reasons for it; spiders and snakes freak people the gently caress out because so many of them are nasty poisonous. While most phobias can be overcome arachnophobia is one of the toughest ones to get rid of.

Then again I think spiders are cool as hell; I found a wolf spider in my kitchen yesterday and was like "yay a spider bro!"

The thing that eliminated my arachnophobia was this forum's fine series of critterquesting threads. Something about those threads completely rewired my brain and helped me to see spiders and similar creepies in a whole new way! :shobon: I am grateful.

my cat is norris has a new favorite as of 22:43 on May 7, 2019

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's one of those cases where evolutionary psychology just sort of mix-up things that fit it's preconceived notions. There's no inborn phobia of snakes or spiders, no Pavlovian response to them, and treatment for it is straightforward, effective, and way easier than treating some social phobias.

Worked in a phobia lab in undergrad. One semester with spiders, one semester with snakes, every year. It's really sweet when someone comes in absolutely terrified, and after a couple sessions they're holding a giant python and laughing because they never thought they would be able to do it. :3:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Ironically certain taxonomy theories suggest the opposite, kinda like how Fish is a useless grouping(for example a Tuna is closer related to us than it is to a Shark), and how Reptiles and Birds are groups that have been causing a ton of headaches in the last couple of decades as well

Don’t ruin my Calvin and Hobbes reference with modern science please!!!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SlenderSherbet/status/1125881049618309120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Heavy Hands posted:

While crabs and arachnids (and insects and some others) are all arthropods, crabs aren't arachnids.

Whoops. Sorry. Elementary school confusion