Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Samuringa posted:

Unfortunately, it already had all farts hosed out of it.

God dammit who let Joyce out of his pervertbox

edit: wow, what a snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

There's a Bass Pro Shop pyramid? That seems very off-brand from their normal store design of a big log cabin filled with stuffed dead animals. Maybe it's got a bunch of cat mummies in it as a compromise?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Knormal posted:

There's a Bass Pro Shop pyramid? That seems very off-brand from their normal store design of a big log cabin filled with stuffed dead animals. Maybe it's got a bunch of cat mummies in it as a compromise?

It used to be a basketball arena, but the team built a new one and bass pro bought the pyramid

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
There was a lot of buzz around Memphis about the Smithsonian setting up a mid-American history /cultural museum in it before Bass Pro locked it up.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was driving through last year and saw it from the bridge in the middle of the river, looking like some big pretty public works project or something, I was like DAAAAMN MEMPHIS IS REALLY GOING ALL IN ON THE WHOLE EGYPT THEME, THAT’S PRETTY BADASS

Then I looked it up on the web and, it’s a gun store :wtc:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Good lord I thought Bass just made clothes for preppie grandparents, now they’re pushing guns from a pyramid.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Hard times at The Louvre

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Snowy posted:

Good lord I thought Bass just made clothes for preppie grandparents, now they’re pushing guns from a pyramid.
Bass Pro Shop is not Bass, the shoe (and clothing) brand. Thank God.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I seriously don't get how people think Trump is an aberration when we have a massive store catering specifically to American crypto-fascists housed inside a monumental burial structure

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Are you referring to the Luxor or what?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MariusLecter posted:

A unified labor force goes a long way.

Are you saying we should introduce them to capitalism

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Snowy posted:

It's a full outdoors store. Hunting, fishing, camping, etc. Guns are just a part of the ridiculous amount of poo poo they have. I've been to ones with laser shooting ranges and some stores hold outdoor craft workshops.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Yeah Bass and Bass Pro Shops are wildly different things

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Moot . posted:

Yeah Bass and Bass Pro Shops are wildly different things

One is for amateurs and one is for pros.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chitoryu12 posted:

It's a full outdoors store. Hunting, fishing, camping, etc. Guns are just a part of the ridiculous amount of poo poo they have. I've been to ones with laser shooting ranges and some stores hold outdoor craft workshops.

Use flash photography on the light gun range bro. It's hilarious

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
It's pronounced 'bass'.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Liberals need to up the ante and build a Whole Foods in a recreation of the Temple of Solomon

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Knormal posted:

There's a Bass Pro Shop pyramid? That seems very off-brand from their normal store design of a big log cabin filled with stuffed dead animals.

That reminds me, I was watching a trailer for a documentary about a champion taxidermist (they have state competitions!) and he mentioned that taxidermy was not only an artform, it's an artform that is almost exclusively practiced by people who lean to the Right and I was "Pffft, check out this scrub who's never heard of Etsy"

Anyway here's a trailer about the man hailed as the Elvis Presley of Taxidermy and his quest to recreate an anatomically correct replica of a Bigfoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNNKLtpWAo

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

actual lol

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Anyway here's a trailer about the man hailed as the Elvis Presley of Taxidermy and his quest to recreate an anatomically correct replica of a Bigfoot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmNNKLtpWAo

Bad news, taxidermy guy. Suburban Sasquatch already nailed it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pecs or boobs, you needn't choose!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Your date isn't going so well is it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus motherfucking poo poo dick

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Bad news, taxidermy guy. Suburban Sasquatch already nailed it.

I'm the lovingly-crafted bigfoot dick.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Absolutely not. Roman numerals are good enough for whatever mouthbreathing bullshit those little shits need numbers for.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

:911:

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Lmao

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I dug into this and found the OP. He's just as disappointed in people as we are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bring back Roman numerals, the numbers you can't do math with, imo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

zoux posted:

Bring back Roman numerals, the numbers you can't do math with, imo

http://turner.faculty.swau.edu/mathematics/materialslibrary/roman/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is this Common Core

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Is this Common Core

"New Math" same as the old math

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Croatoan posted:

I dug into this and found the OP. He's just as disappointed in people as we are.

I wonder if "Wesley Trueblood III" is his real name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking