Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friend Tom Cruise says [motion smoothing is] actually bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3ROh2iydQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm just peeved I have to wait until the end of June for Mario Maker 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Beastie posted:

I'm just peeved I have to wait until the end of June for Mario Maker 2: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

I do feel the same (Need that game now), but the alternative would have been it being announced earlier for the same date (thus making you wait longer for a known thing), or it was announced to be a later date (thus making you wait longer for a known thing).

Actually, the worst alternative would be that they give up on the Mario Maker games. Super glad that didn't happen :toot:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

All I want to hear are release dates for Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime trilogy, Link's Awakening, and Killer Queen Black. Remember Killer Queen Black?

Everything else they announce is a bonus.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

At this point I think I'd just want either a new Metroid Prime or a remake over another re-release of the trilogy, especially since the last one had to take out a lot of cool touches from the game because they were all canned animations which didn't work with the wiimote.

Speaking of which has a single thing been said about Metroid Prime 4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RBA Starblade posted:

At this point I think I'd just want either a new Metroid Prime or a remake over another re-release of the trilogy, especially since the last one had to take out a lot of cool touches from the game because they were all canned animations which didn't work with the wiimote.

Yes they scrapped the whole project and gave it to Retro after an internal studio failed to make something they liked. It's probably a 2021 game at this point.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Retro just started posting a shitload of new job positions so they're def ramping up development of the game now, no telling how much they even have to work with in 2019 tho

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ I am summoning Shakedown Hawaii to the eShop ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Man that game looks like they made Retro City Rampage but much less referential.
Holy hell that game was maybe a bit too far.

Also there’s a weird sim city crime empire element to it as well? I’m kinda feeling it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

American McGay posted:

Yes they scrapped the whole project and gave it to Retro after an internal studio failed to make something they liked. It's probably a 2021 game at this point.
Didn't Nintendo cancel and re-start production because they gave it to multiple studios and some of them were ridiculously behind schedule?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shakedown Hawaii is GTA2 meets Newgrounds.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

No it's not. There's absolutely no rules they can announce a direct whenever they want or just randomly drop a 15 minute detailed video about a game on YouTube in the middle of the day.

This is your brain.
This is your brain on ResetEra.

Don't keep your brain on Resetera.

Bitch I don't even go there. Clearly the only brain poisoning that site is inflicting is making you see its influence everywhere.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

get that OUT of my face posted:

Didn't Nintendo cancel and re-start production because they gave it to multiple studios and some of them were ridiculously behind schedule?
I don't think anyone actually knows but the running theory was that it was being developed by an internal studio with the help of Bandai-Namco and for whatever reasons it wasn't meeting expectations. People have further speculated that they were attempting to use the Unreal engine for the game but were unable to make it hit 60fps like Nintendo wanted.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Shakedown Hawaii looks neat. My biggest issue with RCR was the aesthetic, I like the look of this one a lot more. I'll probably check it out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

American McGay posted:

lol welp

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

American McGay posted:

Shakedown Hawaii is GTA2 meets Newgrounds.

Is that good?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Shakedown Hawaii looks neat. My biggest issue with RCR was the aesthetic, I like the look of this one a lot more. I'll probably check it out.

Same. RCR had a very deliberate 8-bit look, SH has a 16/32-bit look. Seems about perfect.

Also, I really loved the top-down GTA games, and I get why they went away from them, but part of me wishes Rockstar would have continued making them alongside the 3D ones. They are very distinct from the 3D GTA's and have their own playstyle.

I'm hyped for Shakedown Hawaii is what I'm saying

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They did keep making them, or one of them at least. It's called Chinatown Wars and it's the best game in the series

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hopefully a new studio making Metroid doesn’t mean Amazon can avoid honoring my 20% preorder discount I got by placing an order a year and a half ago.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DLC Inc posted:

Retro just started posting a shitload of new job positions so they're def ramping up development of the game now, no telling how much they even have to work with in 2019 tho

Didn't most of the talent that made the Metroid Prime series jump ship? I'm not going to get too excited for Prime 4 at this point, doesn't help we won't be seeing it soon anyway.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
honestly I'm happy for it

like, can you imagine how badly the development was going to make Nintendo release a video publicly stating that it was poo poo and that they're scrapping everything to start over with a new (old) developer?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Same. RCR had a very deliberate 8-bit look, SH has a 16/32-bit look. Seems about perfect.

Also, I really loved the top-down GTA games, and I get why they went away from them, but part of me wishes Rockstar would have continued making them alongside the 3D ones. They are very distinct from the 3D GTA's and have their own playstyle.

Yeah I was just thinking how cool it would be to have GTA1/2 on the Switch

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Better a late Metroid Prime 4 than a terrible one. And it shows that Nintendo cares about the Prime series in spite of Sakamoto's efforts.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Cojawfee posted:

Is that good?
If you liked the 2D GTA games, then ya.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does Shakedown have waggle control anywhere so I can actually shake things down?

I loved doing that in the very stupid Godfather port on the Wii

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there a way they can work my matte screen protector into the game? Like if it detects that my screen is matte, I get bonus points? Like maybe if I tweet them a picture of how matte my screen is, I get free DLC.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Didn't most of the talent that made the Metroid Prime series jump ship? I'm not going to get too excited for Prime 4 at this point, doesn't help we won't be seeing it soon anyway.

Yes, but they went and made halo 4&5, so its not like we're missing anything.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There's a Labo kit that uses IR to detect if your screen has a protector on it and it it does, you get kicked in the crotch by a cardboard goblin

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I swear the GTA 3 had an overhead view that you could select to make it look like the first 2 games.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

I swear the GTA 3 had an overhead view that you could select to make it look like the first 2 games.

It did, but the world wasn't built for it, so you'd regularly have to switch it because of bridges and what not.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

probably, but the demo they put together for Prime 4 impressed Nintendo enough to hand them back their baby after a megameltdown from the previous devs so that gives me hope. Can't imagine they'd risk a do-over twice if the pitch from Retro wasn't good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

It did, but the world wasn't built for it, so you'd regularly have to switch it because of bridges and what not.

It did because Rockstar was hedging their bets, but it kinda sucked for the reasons mentioned

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waffle! posted:

All I want to hear are release dates for Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime trilogy, Link's Awakening, and Killer Queen Black. Remember Killer Queen Black?

Everything else they announce is a bonus.

I finally played Killer Queen at a convention on Saturday. The ruleset sounds ridiculous but after a game or two I was fully invested. It's super fun. I can't wait for Black now.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally played Killer Queen at a convention on Saturday. The ruleset sounds ridiculous but after a game or two I was fully invested. It's super fun. I can't wait for Black now.

Have you heard anything about the second beta? I haven't seen anything since they announced there would be one. KQB is my most hyped multiplayer game right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

While the original metroid prime team is scattered to the winds many of the people that worked directly under them are still at retro and that's literally the closest you're gonna get.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

StabMasterArson posted:

Are you honestly surprised?

I know nothing about Netherrealms as a studio so yes?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Shakedown Hawaii is now available on the eshop (for Canada at least)

Go go go!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Have you heard anything about the second beta? I haven't seen anything since they announced there would be one. KQB is my most hyped multiplayer game right now.

Nope. I asked the rep they had there if she had any updates on Black, but she was completely in the dark.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There's a Labo kit that uses IR to detect if your screen has a protector on it and it it does, you get kicked in the crotch by a cardboard goblin

Finally the screen protector on my always-docked Switch will pay off!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

While the original metroid prime team is scattered to the winds many of the people that worked directly under them are still at retro and that's literally the closest you're gonna get.

This and the current team made the DKC Returns games. So it's not like modern Retro doesn't have amazing people there. Now sure DKCR is a very different animal. But much of the team did as you say work on the Primes even if under different leadership. So it's not like they're lacking in relevant experience either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tokyo mirage sessions goldenfes