Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

quote:

Jon's outcome is uncertain: new Nights Watch or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show.

why would there ever be another night's watch now that the scary ice men are dead and the wildlings are friendly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

ultimateforce posted:

I've had people block me on Facebook for posting, on my own status, that the last season of a show I've gone to bat for for years is terrible. I own every season (except the last) on BluRay and even bought season 3 twice just so let someone borrow it before season 4. I never read the books but I was a huge supporter of this show getting a fan base so they could keep making it.

"Why do you have to ruin things for everyone?!"

By posting the obvious flaws in logic and drop in writing quality I've had some GoT fans question their favorite show which counts as a personal attack. To question season 8 of GoT you HAVE to hate women, by the way.

lol @ this dum late stage capitalism. stop identifying with the poo poo that you consume you fuckwits

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Rated PG-34 posted:

lol @ this dum late stage capitalism. stop identifying with the poo poo that you consume you fuckwits

I only consume Marxist-Leninist literature and identify with that

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If you strike Tyrion down (it's not that difficult lol) then he will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
I assume maybe the leak meant "arrested" rather than "executed"? Unless its out of order.

this leak is pretty similar, but has a more plausible ending

Waltzing Along posted:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Man these last few seasons have been great. I can't wait to read the novel

...ization of them that will be written after GRRM dies without finishing the books!!!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
the leaks do contradict each other somewhat since if Tyrion is electing new king he's probably also not executed

one could be fake ending scene though he definitely gets arrested for execution at least

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

quote:

Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

lol, no. this is not the ending

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

ROFLburger posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

why?

he's master of war or some poo poo like that this is exctly the dumb poo poo ending DnD would have

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
fans unable to take critique are dumb but lol @ every "my idiot "friend" likes this show and when i called him a dumI MEAN when i said the show was bad he lost it B)" post

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
d&d are probably going to find a really misogynistic way to murder dany too. theyre gonna zoom in on her tits as he dies from miscarriage

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Typo posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

why?

he's master of war or some poo poo like that this is exctly the dumb poo poo ending DnD would have

it strikes me as unlikely that bran, being king, would appoint bronn as one of his advisors considering bran knows everything and bronn is a complete jackass. he is completely untrustworthy

what is DnD?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

He'll walk into a council meeting to point a crossbow at the most important nobles in the continent until they agree to give him a seat or die. Everyone will 100% honor this deal.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Rated PG-34 posted:

why did the nk even bother attacking the northern keep. shouldve just wiped out the rest of westeros and let the fuckers die from starvation. or wipe them out later when they had a super immense force which i guess they already had?

The reason they gave in the show is because the NK had a boner for killing brandon/ the 3 eyed raven

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Dregs posted:

The reason they gave in the show is because the NK had a boner for killing brandon/ the 3 eyed raven

Working backwards from "we want a big battle at Winterfell".

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

The Dregs posted:

He knew the past, or something. That's important somehow.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

what is DnD?

Nobody tell them. let them piece together this enormously perplexing mystery using the magic of context clues

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

The Dregs posted:

yeah but wiping them out later is still congruous with that goal

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Rated PG-34 posted:

Look, pal, do you think the showrunners know words like "congruous"??

get off your high horse

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Rated PG-34 posted:

I didn't say it was a GOOD reason

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The Dregs posted:

Which is odd. Like, he didn't need to get involved with the Battle of Winterfell. If he'd just waited an hour everything would have been sorted out since he controls all the wights, etc. Either NK is stupid or he's an impulsive and brash leader.

Also if the Wights are able to climb up walls why cant they shoot/throw weapons.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jokes posted:

Either NK is stupid or he's an impulsive and brash leader.

That's correct he was written by D&D.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

any chance we might still see headless ned or zombie cat I mean I know the spoilers say euron kills Cersei, Jaime kills euron, and jon kills dany, but they don't say anything about headless ned or zombie cat

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

A Handed Missus posted:

how about dive bombing them, surely the ballastias can't aim 90 degrees up (of course they can!)

Or just dropping loving boulders on them out of range.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Rated PG-34 posted:

I think this really is what in noise me so much about it. Best response to pointing out these absolutely egregious storytelling flaws is just turn your brain off and enjoy it and at worst it's a personal attack on them.

people don't seem to understand that you can enjoy something or appreciate what it once was and lament where it is now by applying critical thought to it.

Making Daenerys go batshit insane would be a pretty cool and good Arc, if for no other reason than to say look women can be just as shity as men

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
God I hope there is a council with Bronn it would be absolutely the most stupid thing.

I, for one, Herald the Age of Autism led by our King Bran.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Durzel posted:

You know when Cleganebowl actually happens the show will have a medieval Michael Buffer (or maybe even the guy himself barely costumed) who will announce it, commentators and possibly even entrance music.

The mountain rips off his helmet and shouts "ITS ME CLEGANE. I WAS ME ALL ALONG, CLEGANE."

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

It turns out that after all the nobles die, the surviving "Winterfell guard extra" has the best claim to the Iron Throne and is crowned King. He serves his reign as he has for many years - without getting any speaking lines.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sure glad this isnt breaking viewer records and rewarding lovely TV

*still watches every episode

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Glenn Quebec posted:

I, for one, Herald the Age of Autism led by our King Bran.

Trips on the Kingsroad should be much quicker once it gets a train-line.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
btw was that dragon nr.2 danys least favourite dragons? im ur mum but im not gonna get upset until this woman dies

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

underthecube posted:

d&d are probably going to find a really misogynistic way to murder dany too. theyre gonna zoom in on her tits as he dies from miscarriage

imagine the loss edits

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ROFLburger posted:

why would there ever be another night's watch now that the scary ice men are dead and the wildlings are friendly?

The wildlings will be raiding again as soon as they realize theres still nothing to eat and mo firewood north of the wall, despite all the lebensraum

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Saying GoT is badly written is hate speech against everyone who watches it.

Saying Dany is not a good character is sexism.

Recognizing the difference between a forested hill and a desert plain is nitpicking.

Just how things are in 2019.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Better hope it's a short winter since they just burned all the dry lumber.

Oh good, now they are burning a month's worth of candles in one night.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Game of thrones is not about climate change, its about whatever happened in 2016, when our sane and rational world was abruptly derailed onto the stupidest timeline

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Can I think Dany is a good character but a poo poo person and ruler?

She's the a great cautionary tale of white privledge surrounded by societal reinforcement.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If she is that was unintentional on D&D's part

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

If she is that was unintentional on D&D's part

I dont know, varys is openly talking about betrayal cause she sucks.

Everyone wants to leave her multiple times u til she magics.

Probably stronger in the books

Edit: my wife just rewatched the whole series over the last few months and has said multiple times "why do people follow here, she just fails non stop." And how terribly she is for not listening to the people she hired to tell her things.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 7, 2019

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Drunken Baker posted:

And like everyone else is pointing out, seeing as Cersei knows killing Melly2 is a deceleration of outright war why the hell didn't she just open fire on them?

With a giant crossbow...

Yeah, they seemed to be sat there at about 1/3 the distance the dragons were from Euron’s fleet when he bullseyed them, no clue why they weren’t taking shots at them as soon as they arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

they spent 11 weeks of night shooting for episode 3