Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
We are running out of time to show that Tyrion is the rightful heir after his mom got raped by the Mad King and he is actually Targ not Lannister. It's going to be super weird if they drop that in the last two episodes. New predictions:

Sansa marries Gendry and sits on the Iron Throne.

Tyrion already did the joke about hey I'm not an old man, so it's ok for Bronn to kill him at a whorehouse now so Tyrion goes out like he always wanted to go out.

Jon goes back to the Wall to seek out the new threat growing in the Heart of Winter. Catch him and Tormund and Ghost palling around in 2021 in the GOT sequel series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mizaq posted:

Jon goes back to the Wall to seek out the new threat growing in the Heart of Winter. Catch him and Tormund and Ghost palling around in 2021 in the GOT sequel series.

Gotta give Kit Harrington a few years to figure out that he'll never be a movie star.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mat Cauthon posted:

Is it explained or even suggested anywhere why Tormund and the freefolk go back north of the wall? It's so out of left field. Just straight up "I have to go, my planet needs me".

They were sick of this bullshit and who can blame them? They had the right idea and all the good characters should've went with them

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think literally everyone would rather have chilled at Winterfell rather than go stomping to king's landing. Even Missandei and Grey Worm would've appreciated some time to recuperate. Who the hell wants to go assault a giant city right after so many people got hurt or killed fighting goddamn ice monsters.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Khanstant posted:

Who the hell wants to go assault a giant city right after so many people got hurt or killed fighting goddamn ice monsters.

A crazy mad targ queen who will soon be killed in a skocking twist that everyone can see coming

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I’m still annoyed at episode 3 - I wanted Jon to get sword fighted by the Night King, lose and get stabbed, a dragon shooting fire down on him and the NK (Jon being unburnt because #targ) and Beric running out to battle Rez and biting it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I am also sad that Jon has not been tested to be fire immune too.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
He burnt his hand fighting a wight in S1

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Bottom Liner posted:

One supernatural sniper and Fred Durst with a crossbow.

Dany came in to this world as a reject
Look into her eyes
Then you'll see the size of her flames
Dwellin on the past
Its burnin' up her brain
Everyone she burns has to learn from the pain

Hey
she think about the day
When Euron shot her Rhae in the bay
and Cersei wants to... play
But now she's stuck with her nephew that she hosed
And Euron sank her fleet and all of her boats

Heyyyyy
Like a chump (x8)

Should she be feeling glad? (no)
Should she be feeling good? (no)
It's kinda saaaaad she's the laughing stock of the neighborhood
You would think that she'd be movin on
But she's a sucker like we said
hosed up in the head

And maybe she just made a mistake?
Should Tarly give her a break?
His family's baked either way
Hey, what the hell? What you want D to say?
She won't lie
That she can't deny...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TheKevman posted:

Look into her eyes
Dwellin on the past
Its burnin' up her brain

Hey
she think about the day

Heyyyyy
Like a chump (x8)

hosed up in the head

She won't lie
That she can't deny...

:ck5:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

TheKevman posted:

Look into her eyes
Dwellin on the past
Its burnin' up her brain

Hey
she think about the day

Heyyyyy
Like a chump (x8)

hosed up in the head

She won't lie
That she can't deny...

:drat:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Star Guarded posted:

The leak that has been 100% spot-on so far had Bran becoming King, so that's what will happen, IMO. It also had Jaime going to Cersei to try to get her out of the city and telling her that she was the only thing that ever mattered, not the baby, so we aren't going to see some huge character shift for Jaime.

There was a crazy conspiracy theory that Bran is fully Bloodraven at this point and he is orchestrating everything, but the show hasn't set any of that up so D&D might just take it as straight up "Oh ok so Bran becomes king???"

https://old.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/bjm9az/the_great_war_isnt_over_spoilers_extended/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Splendid posted:

He burnt his hand fighting a wight in S1

The writers definitely forgot don't care.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Tenzarin posted:

I am also sad that Jon has not been tested to be fire immune too.

Targaryens have high heat resistance, Dany coming out of the flames unscathed in season 1 was due to magic shenanigans.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

what about her surviving the conflagration of the Dothraki ancient queen hut or whatever it was

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the only thing i dont get about the upcoming spoilers is the jaime captured/released by tyrion . its gonna be super weird if that's what actually happens

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

GRRM has explicitly said being fireproof is not a hereditary Targ attribute, nor something that Dany can do permanently, so that was a showrunner decision made to give that season a bit more razzle dazzle. Her walking out of the fire the first time was because of the dragon eggs and MMD's blood magic.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

ashpanash posted:

what about her surviving the conflagration of the Dothraki ancient queen hut or whatever it was

That's the show giving up.

mastershakeman posted:

the only thing i dont get about the upcoming spoilers is the jaime captured/released by tyrion . its gonna be super weird if that's what actually happens

The circumstances of him killing Cersei also seem weird.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Well, GRRM's input was ignored, these aren't the books, and we'll never see the rest of the books anyway. If we somehow manage to see the rest of the books, I have little doubt they'll be dogshit too - or at least tainted by this dogshit.

But as far as the show is concerned Dany can't be burned by fire. Also her hair survived the last time too as I remember because they couldn't even bother to care.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Mat Cauthon posted:

GRRM has explicitly said being fireproof is not a hereditary Targ attribute, nor something that Dany can do permanently, so that was a showrunner decision made to give that season a bit more razzle dazzle. Her walking out of the fire the first time was because of the dragon eggs and MMD's blood magic.

Dany's heat resistance is literally her first scene in the show with the bath of scalding water that honestly would damage anyone elses skin

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lol grrm didn't tell them the ending from the very start so they spent who knows how long with no idea where they were going

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Dany's heat resistance is literally her first scene in the show with the bath of scalding water that honestly would damage anyone elses skin

Heat resistance =/= being fireproof.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

mastershakeman posted:

It's like poetry, it rhymes

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Point is, it doesn't matter what gurrrm says. He also said he was writing the latest book.

Guuurrm has less of a hold on this than anyone.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mizaq posted:

We are running out of time to show that Tyrion is the rightful heir after his mom got raped by the Mad King and he is actually Targ not Lannister. It's going to be super weird if they drop that in the last two episodes. New predictions:

Sansa marries Gendry and sits on the Iron Throne.

Tyrion already did the joke about hey I'm not an old man, so it's ok for Bronn to kill him at a whorehouse now so Tyrion goes out like he always wanted to go out.

Sansa and Tyrion will remarry, uniting the houses and bringing peace to the realm.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/amyadmcs/status/1125111691614859267

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

why is this being reposted so much? did people not see it on Sunday? either way it's good and telling as hell

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

people are all mad and poo poo having watched this show for 10 years but imagine working on it for 10 years and it culminating like it is.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ashpanash posted:

Point is, it doesn't matter what gurrrm says. He also said he was writing the latest book.

Guuurrm has less of a hold on this than anyone.

Probably fair to try to extrapolate what was on the dirty napkins Grumm gave to the show runners in the beginning. Like, Denny going full borderline makes no sense in the show but is built up in the books so it's very likely it was in the notes. Same for Jamie loving off to KL. Makes zero sense in the show, so probably came from Grumm's notes too.

I wonder why they even bother to follow the notes, instead of trying to come up with something that makes at least a tiny bit of sense for the mess they have created. Can't be contractual obligations. Why bother?

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

The real point the show started going downhill was when bloodraven said the "thousand eyes and one" line but he had both his eyes sill

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Pizza Segregationist posted:

The real point the show started going downhill was when bloodraven said the "thousand eyes and one" line but he had both his eyes sill

the one eye was his mind's eye :smug:

that's how I justify it anyway and I will not be thinking any further about it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Admiral Ray posted:

people are all mad and poo poo having watched this show for 10 years but imagine working on it for 10 years and it culminating like it is.

The horror of steady employment and lifetime residuals!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

A terrible fate. :haibrow:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I kid though, I'm a giant Wheel of Time fan so I just take all of this as practice for when that is very disappointing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Do HBO stars get residuals?

Like, does HBO replay episodes of The Sopranos today? Do they even make like regular cable TV cuts of their shows and syndicate them?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Like, does HBO replay episodes of The Sopranos today? Do they even make like regular cable TV cuts of their shows and syndicate them?

They did with The Sopranos, I remember it being a big deal when A&E started showing it.

In fact, I think that was the basis of the "The Sopranos: Edited for PAX TV" sketch on MadTV.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

The big stars might, if their agents were smart enough to negotiate for such. The main cast will definitely be getting money to do commentary and whatever DVD extras for years down the line. Every one else will be on the con circuit in between gigs.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I kid though, I'm a giant Wheel of Time fan so I just take all of this as practice for when that is very disappointing.

The writing in WoT isn't even good enough for whoever is doing the adaption to rely on, I have zero hopes for it to be any good at all.

Same with the Black Company adaptation. Apparently Eliza Dushku is trying to get it off the ground but I wish they would just leave it alone.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mat Cauthon posted:

Heat resistance =/= being fireproof.

Daenarys is straight up fireproof in the show. I don't know how anyone can deny this

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax

Mat Cauthon posted:

And then he wrote a scene in the book where Drogon somehow roasted all the hair off her head without damaging her at all.

GRRM, like Tolkien, makes silly mistakes. Unlike Tolkien, who would freely admit them, GRRM just doubles down and argues how it totally wasn't. Sansa and Sandor kissed? UNRELIABLE NARRATOR! Forgot what Robb's wife looked like? Allude to mystery pregnancy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tehran 1979 posted:

And then he wrote a scene in the book where Drogon somehow roasted all the hair off her head without damaging her at all.

GRRM, like Tolkien, makes silly mistakes. Unlike Tolkien, who would freely admit them, GRRM just doubles down and argues how it totally wasn't. Sansa and Sandor kissed? UNRELIABLE NARRATOR! Forgot what Robb's wife looked like? Allude to mystery pregnancy!

Dany is burned to poo poo after that. Getting close to just his breath blisters her face, and she loses her hair despite ducking under the flames. Then she fucks her legs up riding him lmao