Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The real viewership killer was how godawful some of the seasons were. I have zero hype for jj3 after jj2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
S1 had Hype and was a big deal for a lot of women and fans of female characters. I distinctly remember a ton of buzz and discourse about how men were treated as eye candy and set dressing while the plot revolves around the women and how many people responded to that.

The subject matter was another huge pull, it told a different kind of story and was a precursor to a national feminist movement in the US, it couldn’t have come out during a better window.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Then season 2 was "you know what was my favourite season of Buffy? season 6 with magic being a metaphor for drug use" and ran with it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Sodomy Hussein posted:

By directly calling it the final season, you can attempt to cut off what happened to the other shows, which is that instead of talking up the show, every article was about how and why MCU TV and that show failed, which is a viewership killer.

I mean, I guess, but lol if you let media drones dictate your watching habits.

Show quality is another, separate, subject.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

e: whoops, wrong thread.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I mean, I guess, but lol if you let media drones dictate your watching habits.

Show quality is another, separate, subject.

It's not a commentary on the show quality, but the coverage of Punisher S2 was doing its viewership (which has fallen off drastically for all the shows after the cancellation announcements) no favors. They basically got shiv'd by Disney and stuck the shiv in deeper.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I finally got around to watching the last couple episodes of Daredevil season 3 and it was fine! I especially liked how Vanessa is still all "Hell yes let's do crimes, that's hot" it's a nice twist on how the love interest of the crime boss reacts. And it felt like a perfectly fine series finale too, resetting back to a classic status quo for continuing unseen crime fighting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
JJ S3 stuff has started dropping hinting at a June release date but still little word on just what is actually happening in the plot including no word on what or who the villain is.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/jessica-jones-season-3-will-be-released-in-june/1100-6467118/

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

howe_sam posted:

I finally got around to watching the last couple episodes of Daredevil season 3 and it was fine! I especially liked how Vanessa is still all "Hell yes let's do crimes, that's hot" it's a nice twist on how the love interest of the crime boss reacts. And it felt like a perfectly fine series finale too, resetting back to a classic status quo for continuing unseen crime fighting.

It fit well with Vanessa's S1 arc, too, where she was fully down to crime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lid posted:

JJ S3 stuff has started dropping hinting at a June release date but still little word on just what is actually happening in the plot including no word on what or who the villain is.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/jessica-jones-season-3-will-be-released-in-june/1100-6467118/

We're starting on Phase 4 with Jessica being the first to face the most indomitable of all media villains.

Cancer.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RareAcumen posted:

We're starting on Phase 4 with Jessica being the first to face the most indomitable of all media villains.

Cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s0lzbCK9f8

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They had Luke Cage come up in Cloak & Dagger, it was kinda nice to see the Netflix stuff referenced elsewhere in the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-vIHt_E8M

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Galactus and Dr. Doom will be defeated not by any Avenger but by Cancer, the second most power disease behind the zombie plauge.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

RareAcumen posted:

Galactus and Dr. Doom will be defeated not by any Avenger but by Cancer, the second most power disease behind the zombie plauge.

It did kill Mar-vell. There is the cancerverse as well.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
June 14th

"I’m really upset about the new Production Designer. She worked as an Art Director on a lot of the Marvel Netflix shows, but doesn’t give half a poo poo about the subject matter. At all. Never informed herself about the characters or who they’re supposed to be. Never even watched a single MCU movie or show.

Also, she’s really, really bad at her job, and a generally unpleasant human being. She’s the only Production Designer I’ve ever worked for that I would NEVER work for again. I love the show I’m on now, but I would straight quit if she were suddenly hired to replace my boss."

Lid fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 28, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RareAcumen posted:

The writers.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Barry Convex posted:

Agreed. god the Black Sky poo poo was so bad

I disagree. I was rocked by the revelation that this new ominous concept absent from the comics turned out to be people with the ability to quickly become very skilled at martial arts.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Remember when Black Sky was Stick showing up and sniping a kid in the head then peacing out. That was good.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Trailer for JJ3:
https://youtu.be/7DBKS2qH51I

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I think they missed a bit.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Are we supposed to know who this villain is, or did they make him up?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Apparently it’s a minor villain named Foolkiller, he’s kind of like The Punisher by way of Kevin Spacey’s character from Seven.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Is that the stupidest villain name ever, I wonder. It’s dumber than the Dog Stapler or whatever the hell he’s called.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Lid posted:

June 14th

"I’m really upset about the new Production Designer. She worked as an Art Director on a lot of the Marvel Netflix shows, but doesn’t give half a poo poo about the subject matter. At all. Never informed herself about the characters or who they’re supposed to be. Never even watched a single MCU movie or show.

Also, she’s really, really bad at her job, and a generally unpleasant human being. She’s the only Production Designer I’ve ever worked for that I would NEVER work for again. I love the show I’m on now, but I would straight quit if she were suddenly hired to replace my boss."

what is this a quote from

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Is that the stupidest villain name ever, I wonder. It’s dumber than the Dog Stapler or whatever the hell he’s called.

Probably Asbestos Lady or Critical Mass have it beat

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Torquemada posted:

It's really bad, but there's still the entirety of DC comics to consider.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dog Welder was a dc character.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Torquemada posted:

he attempts suicide after fighting Spider-Man and a random passerby mentions that “only a fool would think he could beat Spider-Man”

Though to be fair in the comics Black Mariah got her name because she was a 300 lbs black woman that drove around in an old psych asylum ambulance(otherwise called a black Mariah).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

he attempts suicide after fighting Spider-Man and a random passerby mentions that “only a fool would think he could beat Spider-Man”

Though to be fair in the comics Black Mariah got her name because she was a 300 lbs black woman that drove around in an old psych asylum ambulance(otherwise called a black Mariah).

According to popular legend, the van got the name from a big scary black lady who had a boarding house in Boston. We called the police van's in England Black Mariahs when i was growing up.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Another Netflix Marvel series, yay :shrug:

Lid posted:

June 14th

Quoting again. Who is it that's making GBS threads on the show just before release?

E: A quick glance through the IMDB page indicates this should be about Toni Barton

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 7, 2019

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hey it's that guy from The Knick.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Torquemada posted:

I dunno, man, "Dog Stapler" sounds like a pretty bad rear end villain name

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently it’s a minor villain named Foolkiller, he’s kind of like The Punisher by way of Kevin Spacey’s character from Seven.

Sounds like an evil Mr. T

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

SardonicTyrant posted:

Sounds like an evil Mr. T

Why waste time with pity?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Torquemada posted:

Knowledge can be a burden.

JJs3 looks... better than last season? Could've done a cool three season arc with Kilgrave, her and Luke dealing with an unexpected pregnancy, and building a little Heroes for Hire business but whatever.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Jessica seems to have got over Trish killing her mother pretty quickly.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The synopsis on both Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic says the season is about repairing their friendship to fight a new baddie. So...

JJ: "You loving killed my mom, you jealous bitch!"
Trish: "To save you!" [cries gently]
JJ: "MY MOM... [chugs entire handle of cheap whiskey held in right hand while using left hand to gesture Trish to wait with an extended index finger]... was beyond saving. Thank you."

I don't even want to watch this. I'll probably leave it on as background noise and look at the screen when it gets loud.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The second season wasn’t great, but it being about Jessica resenting her lovely bum of a stepdad and ultimately being right about him was pretty good.

I wonder if any of the other nerflix series characters will show up. Jessica and Daredevil together was the only good part of Defenders.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think I saw one of the articles mention Iron Fist but that might have just been conjecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
New season is good. Only a third of the way in, but I've already got a strong sense that where it's going is absolutely not where people think it's going. Jessica's doomed to be on her own, isn't she?

Rebecca De Mornay's really great this season too. Secret MVP, and complete monster. That shot in the season premier where she's decked out in a purple power suit says it all.