Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Sea Lily posted:

the movie feels like they're doing a kind of riff on this, except he's just always been kind of a dick, and it escalates to maniac over time. complete with, im pretty sure, his name going from Robotnik to Eggman, which is kinda fun actually

According to leaks his name is actually Robotnik Eggboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Sea Lily posted:

the movie feels like they're doing a kind of riff on this, except he's just always been kind of a dick, and it escalates to maniac over time. complete with, im pretty sure, his name going from Robotnik to Eggman, which is kinda fun actually

Kind of, but I like the notion of Kintobor / Robotnik being the catalyst for Sonic's speed. I also like the quasi-environmentalist message of using the chaos emeralds to eradicate the evil and pollution of the world, although if you're setting a film in our world that becomes a lot more complex.

Maybe I just want the real Sonic movie where he's a radical anarchist enviro-terrorist.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I fully support this redesign.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Dear loving god.

In other news, I finally watched Into The Spiderverse and MY WORD that’s a style/plot that would have suited a Sonic movie beautifully.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mantis42 posted:

Please do not post Shadman, ever

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

That's literally just Rouge's design.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Flint_Paper posted:

Dear loving god.

In other news, I finally watched Into The Spiderverse and MY WORD that’s a style/plot that would have suited a Sonic movie beautifully.

no we can’t make the Sonic movie a cartoon it has to be REALISTIC

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Its unfair to compare anything to Spiderverse, let alone this lovely Sonic movie.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please do not post Shadman, ever

who is that, a highly respected hollywood conceptual artist?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nazi pedophile.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Nazi pedophile.

One does not preclude the other.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

god dammit beep i love you but please don't disrespect the best video game with one of the worst movies

i feel like you just said a cuss word in my church

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sorry but I collect and share all MGR crossover art because it is my favorite thing on the entire internet lol

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

beep by grandpa posted:

Sorry but I collect and share all MGR crossover art because it is my favorite thing on the entire internet lol

i forgive you because you are a source of joy and positivity in these trying times and the need for goodness is greater now than ever before

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How would Spiderverse’s plot work in a Sonic context? Game Sonic dies and now Silver has to learn how to be a hero from SatAM Sonic?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

beep by grandpa posted:

Thank you for doing this. It may have just because my favorite thing now too.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nodosaur posted:

How would Spiderverse’s plot work in a Sonic context? Game Sonic dies and now Silver has to learn how to be a hero from SatAM Sonic?

Meanwhile Tails is sitting alone in his chair, teen pregnant.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... yeah uh, that has nothing to do with what we're talking about

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Cmon, just let the dude fantasize

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Nodosaur posted:

Works for me

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Modern dies, and Genesis has to team up with AoStH, SatAM, X, Boom and Mania. Eggman is just Spiderverse Kingpin with a moustache.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What would Eggman's motivation for creating the multiverse machine? To find his dead dignity?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
To obtain all the chaos emeralds because sonic and friends already have them in the current universe does this really need to be explained???

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The real question is "who is the Miles Morales of the sonic cannon" and the obvious answer is Blaze as she comes from an alternate universe (fuk u sonic 06) and has similar but different powers.

Sonic Adventure Sonic dies and 2006 Sonic gets to be the washed up mentor.

You need wacky out there sonics for contrast I nominate Sonicman and Sonic Underground Sonic for the roles of Noir and Peter Porker. Sonic's already an anime so I don't know how to fill that role maybe just put classic sonic in there?

And ofc. The Spider Gwen role would be Amy Rose, specifically the cool version from the British comics.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

The real question is "who is the Miles Morales of the sonic cannon" and the obvious answer is Blaze as she comes from an alternate universe (fuk u sonic 06) and has similar but different powers.

Tails's first name is literally Miles.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mr Phillby posted:

And ofc. The Spider Gwen role would be Amy Rose, specifically the cool version from the British comics.

Yes, definitely, but the Spiderham analogue is clearly AoStH Sonic.

Buml0r
Sep 15, 2003

WIGGLE HE
Ok, I've been holding back, but since STC has been mentioned a couple of times this page:

I've just launched a fortnightly podcast about the British Sonic comics. The idea is not to be all "so as you know, in issue #84..." but to try and cover everything in the magazine (yes, including the Mark Millar Streets of Rage comics etc), and paint a picture of what it was like to be there and read them at the time. I reckon a few of you here will enjoy it, other people seem to be.

Here go!

Or here go if you don't like apples

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/Yasuharah/status/1127463459992375296?s=19

Lol

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have a question about the racing game- if me and a couple friends wanted to play online and team up do we have to use the pre-set teams? I don't want to play eggman and force a friend to suffer Zavok for example.

Would kind of suck if that was the case

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
If there’s going to be a Sonic movie multiverse then that means there’s now an alternate dimension Sonic that never even was allowed to exist because the reaction to his trailer was bad.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pigbuster posted:

If there’s going to be a Sonic movie multiverse then that means there’s now an alternate dimension Sonic that never even was allowed to exist because the reaction to his trailer was bad.

This will be Sonic Prime if this ends up being an Infinite Crisis thing.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have a question about the racing game- if me and a couple friends wanted to play online and team up do we have to use the pre-set teams? I don't want to play eggman and force a friend to suffer Zavok for example.

Would kind of suck if that was the case

Teams can be any combination of characters, I believe.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKdo5f5X_qc
Out of all the 3D Sonic tech demos I think this one looks like the most fun to actually play

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Augus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKdo5f5X_qc
Out of all the 3D Sonic tech demos I think this one looks like the most fun to actually play

See, this I actually like. It doesn't throw out the conventions of 3D Sonic, it grows them, uses a model that's still distinct from behind instead of using classic for the sake of using classic, and it either puts friggin rails on the sides of the loops or makes them wide enough to avoid slipping out of them to make up for the lack of splines. This is a much better take than the likes of Sonic Utopia.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah. I hope a public build actually gets released at some point because I'd love to mess around with it. (It's Unity right?)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lmao the loving stones on Iizuka to say this when his studio hasn't produced anything worth looking at that didn't have Whitehead there to do all the work in literally almost a full decade.

Good Christ I wish Yasuhara was in charge instead of him.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... What the hell? He's just saying that he and Sonic Team have no involvement with the movie and that it's all Paramount's responsibility to make it a success. Which is true. He has nothing to do with it. Seriously, why are people in this fandom so eager to twist his words into that of a supervillain's?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah and I'm saying he's probably the least qualified person on the planet to talk about making a success with regards to this franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The "make something successful" thing is just a way of politely saying "I hope they can make something good" without giving his actual thoughts on it, whatever they may be.

Also, Mania's development team have had nothing but positive things to say about Iizuka's contributions and support of the team and he contributed a fair bit to the final product. They're REALLY not happy with the attitude that Mania was all them and an open defiance to Sonic Team and its management.