Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.

President Beep posted:

“i am skeleton thirsty?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

my favorite npr moment was on the station serving the place i lived last, which had marketplace morning report followed immediately by democracy now

it was quite the whiplash to go from "the koch brothers aren't so bad, they create jobs!!! brought to you by koch industries" to "death to america, here's a folk song about the need to fight the class war" every morning

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

npr is for liberals

i don't like it very much since car talk stopped but at night the bbc comes on and that's okay.

as a red-blooded american male, i am glad that i can finally drink something other than bourbon whiskey or high-test gasoline without worrying about turning into a gay.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shifty Pony posted:

nah, I mean put out of a job. those sign people only exist because people don't know of any other way to sell the house quickly so people think they have to go through them. most of them lowball the seller, use high pressure sales tactics to get them into a contract, then sell that contract to an actual flipper or builder keeping the price difference. competition directly from someone doing the flip themselves and with a massive ad budget encouraging people to try their app makes that tactic not work since the seller is much more likely to shop around for other offers which will handily beat the lowball.

fair, although i stand by "they will be more efficiently and systematically predatory", with a side of "efficiently and systematically inflating real estate prices"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

infernal machines posted:

fair, although i stand by "they will be more efficiently and systematically predatory", with a side of "efficiently and systematically inflating real estate prices"

oh sure, at the minimum they are totally going to train their algorithms to redline minority neighborhoods and plead innocence because their algorithms don't have a "race" input.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

based on its name im assuming its raw mountain water, artisanally collected in the heart of raccoon country, just downstream of granpappy's old coal mine

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

based on its name im assuming its raw mountain water, artisanally collected in the heart of raccoon country, just downstream of granpappy's old coal mine

all natural charcoal infused water

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol straightedge weirdos are old enough to be sellout execs now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

retailings

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

lancemantis posted:

lol straightedge weirdos are old enough to be sellout execs now

comicon weirdos are selling out cruise ships for a jonathan coulton concert

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Is murder straightedge?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

retailings

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

flakeloaf posted:

retailings

:slick:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flakeloaf posted:

retailings

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

flakeloaf posted:

retailings

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

from the replies

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/hydro-haters-people-who-dont-drink-water

Overall, I spoke to plenty of people who simply don't drink water. Most hate the taste. Some grew up on juice and soda. Others depend on flavor enhancers for every glass they're forced to down. Yet more have coffee with their workouts. A few have wine.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

duz posted:

Others depend on flavor enhancers for every glass they're forced to down.

Yeah that’s me, sorry I was raised on my grandmothers supersaturated Kool-Aid.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

poor humans, thought of the taste of the thing their bodies run on and died of thirst

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

duz posted:

from the replies

Overall, I spoke to plenty of people who simply don't drink water. Most hate the taste. Some grew up on juice and soda. Others depend on flavor enhancers for every glass they're forced to down. Yet more have coffee with their workouts. A few have wine.

:barf:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

who in the gently caress is drinking wine while working out?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

duz posted:

from the replies

lol @ the food blogger who openly admits to adding childrens' fruit flavor packets to everything he drinks

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

who in the gently caress is drinking wine while working out?

The Gang

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol @ the food blogger who openly admits to adding childrens' fruit flavor packets to everything he drinks

they market those to adults too now, for years

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
toys too but that’s no defense

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duz posted:

A few have wine.

that's a good idea

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
bring a couple Man Cans 2 the gym

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i wouldn't trust a food blogger who put crystal light in all his beverages either, but this is the website banner of the brand he explicitly cites

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duz posted:

Overall, I spoke to plenty of people who simply don't drink water. Most hate the taste.

goddamn does this piss me off

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i wouldn't trust a food blogger who put crystal light in all his beverages either, but this is the website banner of the brand he explicitly cites

jesus loving christ

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Those are pro tier backpacking treats tho

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

i like how they have added a note in the nutrition information to remind people that fruit juice still has sugar in it

because no sugar added and sugar free are the same thing in our consumer poisoned minds

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

duz posted:

from the replies

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Sufferfest is a beer company with athlete-targeted marketing

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Hey here's this free, delicious, healthy liquid that isn't filled with parasites and diseases*! Comes right out of the tap! Perfect for you body!

*Flint has been without clean water for 5+ years

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol. do they hate the smell of fresh air too?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
if they had breathed some alternative to fresh air that generates massive profits for most of their lives i'm sure they would

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
beer is 90% water. the other 10% is ice cold beer

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Robinson's Fruit Shoot. It's got what plants crave

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i don't drink these often, but they're good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

graph posted:

beer is 90% water. the other 10% is ice cold beer

before modern clean water supplies, it was common to just drink low alcohol beer all day. people just low-key drunk all day